Oops, forgot to pull my boat

Read this from a performance boat site following it too:

“No big travel lifts on that lake that's were I grew up. only deep water ramp. The Marina owner that used to pull it out for ever, couldn't be bothered with it this year. Not cool in my opinion. So the owner had to build his own trailer”

9 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

It was going to a marina around the corner.   

I font get why they did not just drive it to Jerry's? Could have ez gotten one if Niccums steel barges to bust the way . And bubbled the fucker all winter. 

They paid some one to sit there all night . I had a emergency service call at 2am drove by guy was sitting in a running suburban same one sitting there running at 930 am with a guy sitting in it . When I took that pic Mr tool wind boy was hustling buns to get more streaming going.  I just had to lol.  Really nothing better to do with your day ? Guess it is better that his norm of bitching on next door non stop 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sleepr2 said:

I remember those👍

I was framing  houses back then and spray foam was pretty new . Had a guy who was doing a lot of the high R houses we were building at the time completely fill the nose with foam  because I was convinced I was going to sink the thing. 

• Gold Member

So if I understand this story right. The local marina owner refused to haul the boat forcing the guy to bust ice and fabricate a trailer capable of hauling this boat? DonI have my facts right?

9 hours ago, Kivalo said:

So if I understand this story right. The local marina owner refused to haul the boat forcing the guy to bust ice and fabricate a trailer capable of hauling this boat? DonI have my facts right?

Christ I would think the issue with a boat that big, and that old, would be the cost benefit analysis to go through all that work, fabrication and expense to save a boat that isn't worth a whole lot in the first place.

47 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Christ I would think the issue with a boat that big, and that old, would be the cost benefit analysis to go through all that work, fabrication and expense to save a boat that isn't worth a whole lot in the first place.

Not so many on this lake but down on the river the big old pigs can be had for the cost of the storage bill or less all day . 

10 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Local marina would not store it any more so it was sold I guess. One transport company wanted 60k to bring it to the river 45 min by car  so the new owner decided to have a trailer modified to get it moved . Took this long to get trailer modified and drivers set up . I guess ? Still not sure where it us going after it gets to the marina it is at now . Lots of questions like if a guy who lives on the lake bought it why did you not just bring it home and bubble it in ? If you are not on the lake do you really want to pay 20k a yr or more to park that big pig and pay even more to have diesel delivered seeing as there are no oil pumps I know of on the lake . Just a extremely impractical boat that you can't even take to every bay on the chain . My guess is a guy got it for free thought he was getting a deal of a life time old owner had him sign a iorn clad bill of sale and went whoosh dodged a bullet on that one glad I never have to deal with that p.o.s . again 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member

I love boats but something that size and that old is a friggen nightmare to own. 

Good luck to the Guy, he is gonna need it. I thought the video said something like the Guy who owns it now is from Texas? Wonder if he is attempting to ship it down there.  The whole thing seems ridiculous and I use to haul big boats.  If he didnt get it for free then it really makes zero sense. 

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

I love boats but something that size and that old is a friggen nightmare to own. 

Good luck to the Guy, he is gonna need it. I thought the video said something like the Guy who owns it now is from Texas? Wonder if he is attempting to ship it down there.  The whole thing seems ridiculous and I use to haul big boats.  If he didnt get it for free then it really makes zero sense. 

He was going to float it down the Mississippi but apparently shipping it to the river was too expensive. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

He was going to float it down the Mississippi but apparently shipping it to the river was too expensive. 

Ok , i thought that was the Guy before Him like $60k or something to get it to river ....who knows lol. No thanks Ill stick with my 25 footer. 

17 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I don't believe you,show me your boating card comrade !

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

New record for holding up traffic at the landing. lol

What's funny is that the cops were acctualy pissed at 1 point because they had to launch there air boat for somthing and could not use the launch in there parking lot . There are litteraly 3 neighborhood launches with in 2 min from there and about 10 County easements they could drive that Florida swamp boat on to lake from 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

What's funny is that the cops were acctualy pissed at 1 point because they had to launch there air boat for somthing and could not use the launch in there parking lot . There are litteraly 3 neighborhood launches with in 2 min from there and about 10 County easements they could drive that Florida swamp boat on to lake from 

They running air boats?

Up at our cabin rescue runs 2 modern hovercraft.

1 minute ago, Big Crappie said:

They running air boats?

Up at our cabin rescue runs 2 modern hovercraft.

Yeah like  those Florida swamp boats with the big block and aircraft prop behind you pretty sweet units . They can use them but if I bought one it would be in impound with in the hour 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

Yeah like  those Florida swamp boats with the big block and aircraft prop behind you pretty sweet units . They can use them but if I bought one it would be in impound with in the hour 

One of my buddies up north has a old Trail-A-Sled that he is planning to restore. I runs and drives. Looks like this. It's a lot of fun but holy shit is it loud.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/48/dc/03/48dc0360c79a68edf5ee2c6816c775ab.jpg

• Like 2