Learn us about Communism

Anler

5 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Capitalism didn't exist until we invented it, and the transition from feudalism to capitalism took at least a century to become the dominant system. 

The idea of free markets where people can buy and sell as they choose has been around since the dawn of civilization. The idea of capitalism, as an economic system based on the premise of free markets, has been around for centuries. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Wouldn't work for what?

I'm suggesting getting the least little bit informed rather than asking questions that have already been answered in the text. 

It wouldn't work because man will change it and not follow it,  plus perceptions are different for everyone. One person might read it and think this means this and another will read it and say that mean that, correct??..Look at the constitution for example..Whole lot of different interpretations of what a few sentences mean. So going off a book written 180 years I don't see working.

6 hours ago, akvanden said:

The idea of free markets where people can buy and sell as they choose has been around since the dawn of civilization. The idea of capitalism, as an economic system based on the premise of free markets, has been around for centuries. 

Good point. 

Commerce and capitalism aren't the same thing. 

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

It wouldn't work because man will change it and not follow it,  plus perceptions are different for everyone. One person might read it and think this means this and another will read it and say that mean that, correct??..Look at the constitution for example..Whole lot of different interpretations of what a few sentences mean. So going off a book written 180 years I don't see working.

🤦‍♂️ 

I'm suggesting you guys read it for context and background, not live by it. Ffs dude, come on.

8 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Good point. 

Commerce and capitalism aren't the same thing. 

🤦‍♂️

I'm suggesting you guys read it for context and background, not live by it. Ffs dude, come on.

Well sorry bro, I've asked some questions about way of life comparisons, you say read the book, and now you say it's not something to live by.. I asked where your ideals were tried before, you said it hasn't existed yet, but now your telling me to read the book for back ground on your ideals..

Ffs, Do you not see your plain as day contradictions?

Edited by Rigid1

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Well sorry bro, I've asked some questions about way of life comparisons, you say read the book, and now you say it's not something to live by.. I asked where your ideals were tried before, you said it hasn't existed yet, but now your telling me to read the book for back ground on your ideals..

Ffs, Do you not see your plain as day contradictions?

No, I suggested reading the book to put shit into context and maybe learn a little bit about actual theory.

Fuckin a. 🤦‍♂️

10 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

No, I suggested reading the book to put shit into context and maybe learn a little bit about actual theory.

Fuckin a. 🤦‍♂️

I don't give a flying fuck about theory, as theory can be interpreted different ways and I NEVER ASKED ABOUT THEORY.. Everything I asked was about way of life..Theory is not reality...If you can't answer or show that then just say it. Instead you danced around it..

Maybe try slowing down  and you will be able to comprehend the questions better..

Edited by Rigid1

13 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I don't give a flying fuck about theory, as theory can be interpreted different ways and I NEVER ASKED ABOUT THEORY.. Everything I asked was about way of life..Theory is not reality...If you can't answer or show that then just say it. Instead you danced around it..

Maybe try slowing down  and you will be able to comprehend the questions better..

You'll never understand shit if you don't read theory. 

This is the problem with some people.

You all want to be spoonfed and won't make any effort to educate yourself. 

10 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

You should mix in some history, on many levels, with all your “theoretical study”.

46 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Fuckin a. 🤦‍♂️

Theory < Laws

Laws of supply and demand will exist even if you try and apply Marxist theory. 

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

Theory < Laws

Laws of supply and demand will exist even if you try and apply Marxist theory. 

Yeah. That’s why emotionalists can’t see the direct connection between stagnating wages and population booms. Supply and demand is the ultimate factor and communism can’t change that 

Edited by ACE

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

I'm asking about facts for a comparison on quality of life between what you want and my current life which is absolutely awesome.. Not a theory which is an idea or a thought.. If you can't provide any facts or proof just say it, "I have no factual proof that this would be a better way to live" 

8 hours ago, akvanden said:

It has changed dramatically in recent history. If free market capitalism really still existed, the banks would have been left to fail back in 2008 but no, they were rewarded for participating in risky practices. (TARP Bailout) If you as an individual would have taken sketchy risks and failed, you would have been told ....."you're fucked, have a nice life".

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

It has changed dramatically in recent history. If free market capitalism really still existed, the banks would have been left to fail back in 2008 but no, they were rewarded for participating in risky practices. (TARP Bailout) If you as an individual would have taken sketchy risks and failed, you would have been told ....."you're fucked, have a nice life".

Sure, and not so recently standard oil would still be a monopoly.

Clearly the forum is way too propagandized and committed to arguing in bad faith for this to be a productive conversation. 

If anyone wants to discuss this subject privately without all the preening and posturing, feel free to dm me. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Clearly the forum is way too propagandized and committed to arguing in bad faith for this to be a productive conversation. 

If anyone wants to discuss this subject privately without all the preening and posturing, feel free to dm me. 

You might want to start by telling your comrades all this time they have been fighting for the fascists and are being used as pawns,  yup you got it right.

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Yeah, everyone else is wrong and history doesn’t matter. :lol: