Elon Musk shreds Biden build back better says there should be zero subsidies for electric cars

jtssrx

14 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You sure EV tax credits started under Obama and not Bush????  Might want to google a bit to see where it started…..

If so  shame on them and shame on any asshole who votes for the extention on the table now for the 8 to 10g credit . Total bullshit .

So he did not start it he just said here hold my craft beer 

President Barack Obama set the goal for the U.S. to become the first country to have one million electric vehicles on the road by 2015.[253][254] For this purpose, his administration pledged US$2.4 billion in federal grants to support the development of next-generation electric vehicles and batteries.[253][254] The funds were allocated as follows: $1.5 billion in grants to U.S.-based manufacturers to produce highly efficient batteries and their components; up to $500 million in grants to U.S.-based manufacturers to produce other components needed for electric vehicles, such as electric motors and other components; and up to $400 million to demonstrate and evaluate plug-in hybrids and other electric infrastructure concepts

Edited by Ez ryder

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

If so  shame on them and shame on any asshole who votes for the extention on the table now for the 8 to 10g credit . Total bullshit .

Bush signed it into law in October of his last year as president.  There were a bunch of other nuggets in Bush law such as tax credit to individuals for solar…. Hell Trump extended the solar tax credit while he was president…. It’s the reason I jumped on solar was Trumps extension.  They do a good job of letting the middle class keep more of their own money rather then just giving all tax benefits to business owners and those with a gaggle of sex trophies.

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Bush signed it into law in October of his last year as president.  There were a bunch of other nuggets in Bush law such as tax credit to individuals for solar…. Hell Trump extended the solar tax credit while he was president…. It’s the reason I jumped on solar was Trumps extension.  They do a good job of letting the middle class keep more of their own money rather then just giving all tax benefits to business owners and those with a gaggle of sex trophies.

Looks like the bill passed by the skin of its chin and was for a max of 4g .still not the govenments job . Was there even a all electric car in the 90s? 

Screenshot_20211217-185809_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Ez ryder

• Gold Member
37 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Looks like the bill passed by the skin of its chin and was for a max of 4g .still not the govenments job . Was there even a all electric car in the 90s? 

Screenshot_20211217-185809_Chrome.jpg

The current Solar incentives was 2005 under Bush and extended under Trump

https://news.energysage.com/solar-tax-credit-explained/

EV tax Credit was 2008 and signed into law by Bush in October and expanded by Obama.

President George W. Bush first introduced the EV tax credit in 2008, with a cap of $3,400 per car, and limited the credit to the first 60,000 cars per manufacturer. In 2009, under President Barack Obama, the cap was raised to $7,500 per car and the credit was expanded to the first 200,000 cars per manufacturer. 

https://www.ntu.org/publications/detail/electric-vehicle-tax-credit-should-be-narrowed-not-expanded

Republican have always been about people keeping their hard earned money and that is exactly what these bills do for those that chose to utilize them.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

The current Solar incentives was 2005 under Bush and extended under Trump

https://news.energysage.com/solar-tax-credit-explained/

EV tax Credit was 2008 and signed into law by Bush in October and expanded by Obama.

President George W. Bush first introduced the EV tax credit in 2008, with a cap of $3,400 per car, and limited the credit to the first 60,000 cars per manufacturer. In 2009, under President Barack Obama, the cap was raised to $7,500 per car and the credit was expanded to the first 200,000 cars per manufacturer. 

https://www.ntu.org/publications/detail/electric-vehicle-tax-credit-should-be-narrowed-not-expanded

Republican have always been about people keeping their hard earned money and that is exactly what these bills do for those that chose to utilize them.

I am for a tax deduction for anything used for work and I will go further and say 1040 peeps should be able to deduct some of there expense also but not the family car unless the person drives for work and is not getting reimbursed and not for any more than you owe or make . But that's it 

• Gold Member
55 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I am for a tax deduction for anything used for work and I will go further and say 1040 peeps should be able to deduct some of there expense also but not the family car unless the person drives for work and is not getting reimbursed and not for any more than you owe or make . But that's it 

You sound like a business owner…. Im guessing you have some substantial deductions.  Every deduction and credit a business gets an individual should get.  

But those sweetheart tax treatments business get will never happen for individuals so these tiny deductions and credits that individuals get are the best a true conservative could hope for…. Even if they are sold as something else such as “green Energy”

hand outs like this shit should be available to individuals!

https://www.roberthalltaxes.com/blog/real-estate-tax-advice-tips/using-section-179-or-the-hummer-loophole-to-lower-your-business-taxes/

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member
On 12/14/2021 at 12:19 PM, Mainecat said:

Like my cordless tools my batteries are always charged.

TBH it’s not like your cordless tools…. For it to be like your cordless tool first you would have to own 1 and second your best battery longevity comes if you don’t charge every night…. Best thing for an EV is to run it down to 25-30 percent before charging and charge up to 80 percent.  

I killed one of my 7.5 ah Ego batteries by having it sit on the charger for a long time without discharging.

I own 2 plug in vehicles and they are filled mostly from my own generated renewable energy so I speak with a level of expertise on properly managing battery longevity.  

but if a storm is predicted I will charge to a 100% just like I would fill everything up with gas in preparation…. It is actually easier to charge and fill an EV at home vs a gas where you have to fight crowds also filling up prior to a storm.

On 12/17/2021 at 9:37 PM, BOHICA said:

TBH it’s not like your cordless tools…. For it to be like your cordless tool first you would have to own 1 and second your best battery longevity comes if you don’t charge every night…. Best thing for an EV is to run it down to 25-30 percent before charging and charge up to 80 percent.  

I killed one of my 7.5 ah Ego batteries by having it sit on the charger for a long time without discharging.

I own 2 plug in vehicles and they are filled mostly from my own generated renewable energy so I speak with a level of expertise on properly managing battery longevity.  

but if a storm is predicted I will charge to a 100% just like I would fill everything up with gas in preparation…. It is actually easier to charge and fill an EV at home vs a gas where you have to fight crowds also filling up prior to a storm.

Lol yep you and 1 other guy will be the only ones attempting to charge everything  they own . Have you seen anything going on with the CA power grid in the last decade ? What do you think is going to happen when 80% of the cars on the road are electric and homes start running off the grid . Add to that the towns refusing property owners the right to put up a personal turbine and denying farmers the right to lease there land or sell it to solar farmers the fed refusing and new hydro plants.  With the demand for fuel dropping many drillers will get out of the game refinerys will shut down supply will be limited.  Now jet fuel used in choppers to service the big turbines will be extremely costly the drums of oil used to lub them will be thrugh the roof on and on . But yeah all sounds like a dream to to see Mr Rourk and tattoo today any way 

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Lol yep you and 1 other guy will be the only ones attempting to charge everything  they own . Have you seen anything going on with the CA power grid in the last decade ? What do you think is going to happen when 80% of the cars on the road are electric and homes start running off the grid . Add to that the towns refusing property owners the right to put up a personal turbine and denying farmers the right to lease there land or sell it to solar farmers the fed refusing and new hydro plants.  With the demand for fuel dropping many drillers will get out of the game refinerys will shut down supply will be limited.  Now jet fuel used in choppers to service the big turbines will be extremely costly the drums of oil used to lub them will be thrugh the roof on and on . But yeah all sounds like a dream to to see Mr Rourk and tattoo today any way 

California’s power problem happen a few days a year in the summer typically in the afternoons when the fire danger is high.  For the most part other then those times instances they don’t have grid issues.  Most off any outages they have had recently is utilities shutting off the grid due to fire danger.   Most people with EV’s will charge off peak hours cause of cost differences.

3 hours ago, BOHICA said:

California’s power problem happen a few days a year in the summer typically in the afternoons when the fire danger is high.  For the most part other then those times instances they don’t have grid issues.  Most off any outages they have had recently is utilities shutting off the grid due to fire danger.   Most people with EV’s will charge off peak hours cause of cost differences.

Only a few times a yr lol and what do you think 5% or less of CA cars are EV and none of the trucks none of the boats etc . How do you think they will  be doing  in say 5 yrs with no gas power equipment and all the green auto mandates coming due . Will be some fun rolling blackout shit lasting weeks 

• Like 1

@Bontz that's precisely one reason why hybrids make far more sense than full on EV's.  The total lack of dedicated EV infrastructure or a plan to get us there is also troubling.  With a hybrid when you run out of juice you can keep going on dino-juice.

I wonder how much total tax subsidies we've given to EV/Hybrid manufacturers and owners in the past decade.

• Like 1