Elon Musk shreds Biden build back better says there should be zero subsidies for electric cars

jtssrx

On a related topic, a former classmate of mine shared this (from someone else) via FB.  I didn't look into it much more than face value, but it certainly is an interesting view.

Forethought is an eyeopening reality!
Imagine Florida or Texas with a hurricane coming in. The Governor declares an emergency and orders an evacuation with everyone to head inland. But cars all need to be charged somewhere. Traffic backs up for miles and hours. The batteries go dead. Traffic cannot move.
How does that work? Has anyone thought about this?
In California, if all cars were electric and are caught up in a three-hour traffic jam with dead batteries, then what? Not to mention that there is virtually no heating or air conditioning in an electric vehicle because of high battery consumption.
Cars get stuck on the road all night, no battery, no heating, no windshield wipers, no radio, no GPS (all these drain the batteries), all you can do is try calling 911 to take women and children to safety. But they cannot come to help you because all roads are blocked, and they will probably require all police cars will be electric also. When the roads become unblocked no one can move! Their batteries are dead.
Forget the hurricane. What about common accidents and typical winter weather/blizzards? How do you charge hundreds/thousands of cars with dead batteries sitting on the highway in a traffic jam due to accident due to accident or blizzard. Where is this electricity going to come from in the middle of nowhere?
At end of useful life, what will be done with tens of millions of dead/used batteries? Can’t bury them in the soil, can’t go to landfills.
The politicians and press don’t want to talk about or report on any of this.
In France, thousands of taxis are now stored inoperable because the batteries are dead and to replace them would cost more than the value of the vehicle itself!
  • Like 1

Lots of people have cars in their driveways with empty gas tanks when they know there is a storm coming. 

I am not sure I see the difference. If there is a widespread power outage, it's going to be difficult go buy gas from a station with electric pumps, isn't it?

2 minutes ago, Catalina said:

Lots of people have cars in their driveways with empty gas tanks when they know there is a storm coming. 

I am not sure I see the difference. If there is a widespread power outage, it's going to be difficult go buy gas from a station with electric pumps, isn't it?

Look a little harder.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I can’t stop laughing.  Seriously.  :lol:

MC is soooo the perfect face of libtwatism.  Dumb as a rock but has the answers!

:lmao:

If you own a EV you have a charger moron. 
your the one idiot that runs out of fuel on every sled trip.

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

If you own a EV you have a charger moron. 
your the one idiot that runs out of fuel on every sled trip.

LOL…you are so fucking stupid!  :lmao:

8 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

He's going to hook a drill motor up to his Hoveround scooter and get out of the way of an incoming hurricane

im-comming-old-man.gif

He’s so fucking stupid!!!!  :lol:

2 hours ago, Catalina said:

You thought that up and actually typed it out. Did you actually read it to see if it made sense to anyone with an actual though process?

Talk about kindergarten level reasoning ......................

8 minutes ago, Doorider said:

Not moving, a Tesla can run the heater or A/C for days.  Being stuck in a traffic jam isn't a valid concern. 

It can run heat/AC with dead batteries? It doesn’t operate in traffic either?

I guess I must not know what we are talking about anymore.

13 minutes ago, Roosting said:

You thought that up and actually typed it out. Did you actually read it to see if it made sense to anyone with an actual though process?

Talk about kindergarten level reasoning ......................

What's a though process?

Seems to me that your ride can be full of fuel when you need it, or not full. Seems easy enough to understand. It's about being prepared, and thinking ahead. 

1 hour ago, Catalina said:

What's a though process?

Seems to me that your ride can be full of fuel when you need it, or not full. Seems easy enough to understand. It's about being prepared, and thinking ahead. 

Can you carry a gallon of gas to the middle of nowhere and be on your way in a matter of minutes? 

Now describe the same process for electric......................................................

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Roosting said:

Can you carry a gallon of gas to the middle of nowhere and be on your way in a matter of minutes? 

Now describe the same process for electric......................................................

Pull out a solar panel and wait 24hrs or cordless tools?

I'm not saying it's perfect, and I am not ready to buy one for myself just yet. 

But, some of the excuses why it can never work are just silly. Charging stations are being built all the time, with or without the governments help. Range is getting longer. 

I could see companies like AAA having a battery on a truck that could give you the equivalent of a gallon of gas in just a few minutes.  

I still don't think that we will all be able to fill our gas tanks in the event of a region wide power failure, there aren't cranks on the side of gas pumps. Either way, if you are on E when an emergency happens, you are screwed. 

3 hours ago, Catalina said:

Seriously?