There's a major PISS shortage coming

• Gold Member

I got 700 gallons in my tank in the shop.  Should last us till summer.  6 months ago when they couldn't get DEF sensors cat and cummins re-wrote the software to not look for those sensors.  Maybe we can delete the whole works if we can't get def???

14 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

I got 700 gallons in my tank in the shop.  Should last us till summer.  6 months ago when they couldn't get DEF sensors cat and cummins re-wrote the software to not look for those sensors.  Maybe we can delete the whole works if we can't get def???

My thoughts as well.

Software fix, for now.

36 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s up to all Americans to stand up to these half-wits when out in public.  Once that starts happening, they’re gonna have some bleak choices.

Going to take more than that. We're getting flooded with 3rd worlders more every day as well...

6 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Going to take more than that. We're getting flooded with 3rd worlders more every day as well...

It’ll take what it takes then but, doing nothing out in public is cowardice.  Confront twats.  Make them answer questions or, provoke you with name calling then, go from there.  Acting like this absurdity is all gonna fix itself and just go away is Obama days thinking.  Look what happened with that?

1 hour ago, poopooforme said:

The reputable guys that used to do deletes around here quit playing that game.  Who knows, maybe the penalty structure will change again and those guys will get back into the game?  The sensor debacle was a nightmare.  I wonder if some are still searching?  I passed two doing about ten mph on the shoulder this week.

There is a side to the gov juice shortage that we might want to be worried about.  Urea gets used for some things we like to eat.  The other side of the shortage is that urea is a byproduct of things we like to use for heat.  A shortage on urea means a lot more than how many trucks move down the road.

I'm telling you, those guys with the red hammer and sickle don't play nice.  This one is going to get ugly.  Sadly, I've only seen short term strategy decisions.

3 hours ago, poopooforme said:

Lots of equipment is parked waiting for sensors or being used as a parts truck to keep the rest of the fleet running.

Forget about the small amount of urea used in DEF.  The major user is agriculture and input costs are WAY up.  Be prepared for your grocery bill to continue to go up.

7 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Lots of equipment is parked waiting for sensors or being used as a parts truck to keep the rest of the fleet running.

Forget about the small amount of urea used in DEF.  The major user is agriculture and input costs are WAY up.  Be prepared for your grocery bill to continue to go up.

I was going to say the same. Urea and fert prices are already through the roof and planting season is months away.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It’ll take what it takes then but, doing nothing out in public is cowardice.  Confront twats.  Make them answer questions or, provoke you with name calling then, go from there.  Acting like this absurdity is all gonna fix itself and just go away is Obama days thinking.  Look what happened with that?

Need a yuge group. With the media & the courts nowadays ...small groups will get railroaded.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

I paid $525/ton last May and thought that was bad.  If we want to pre-pay now for spring use, it's $900.  :flush:

9 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

I was going to say the same. Urea and fert prices are already through the roof and planting season is months away.

A lot of you big guys can forward contract beans and plant the hell out of em and at least be on the right track for making a profit next year.

I can't grow beans too well and I need the corn, oats and hay for feed.