Polaris BOOST 195 hp

mnstang

Certainly is a nice looking curve. 

They do tend get numbers that are on the optimistic side.  I honestly don't care as long as they are consistently the same.

That powerband should be damn forgiving and easy to ride.  Clutch tweaking wouldn't take much work either.  Not bad for a 2S with that much power.

With all that said, how well do you think they'll hold together?

1 hour ago, favoritos said:

They do tend get numbers that are on the optimistic side.  I honestly don't care as long as they are consistently the same.

That powerband should be damn forgiving and easy to ride.  Clutch tweaking wouldn't take much work either.  Not bad for a 2S with that much power.

Honesty, I would worry more about the physical turbo than anything. Tuning would be next.

The engine has proven to be ok. The are running fuel through the bottom end with the 2nd set of injectors. (This is a HUGE plus, btw) The cylinder design is 100 times better than the 800-700-600 design. 

We have a 2013 Poo 800 with BD ST turbo kit. It has the secondary injectors and is 11 psi of boost at 10k ft, with a 13.1 head. Thats just over 200hp. It has held together for 4300 hard miles. Yes, pistons get replaced as a maintenance every 2k miles, but those pistons are in better shape than the NA pistons at 2k. Its been a back sled for a few years, but it runs so well he cant let it go. 

I really think the design is there, now we will see how well Polaris executed that design. 

• Like 3

On 12/13/2021 at 5:28 PM, Hub said:

Put a 8ooo cat on the dyno,if it says '160hp class' we know the dyno is correct.😂

fixed

On 12/13/2021 at 6:24 PM, favoritos said:

are you a gambling man?

WealthyGreatEquestrian-size_restricted.g

mmmmmm, goretex

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2021 at 2:05 PM, mnstang said:

On the bikeman dyno

Thoughts?

It is the bikman dyno what more needs to be said ? Send it out east to dynotec to get some real numbers till then all just bullshit manipulation and bmp has that shit mastered 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

It is the bikman dyno what more needs to be said ? Send it out east to dynotec to get some real numbers till then all just bullshit manipulation and bmp has that shit mastered 

Its all relative, right? 

Does it really matter if the number is accurate? No. What "matters" is how much different are these numbers to Doo turbo 2 stroke numbers. 

What did BMP say the doo turbo was?

Of course BMP will have a tune next week gaining 45hp while running pump gas.....

Dont laugh, you know thats what they will claim.

12 minutes ago, Legend said:

Its all relative, right? 

Does it really matter if the number is accurate? No. What "matters" is how much different are these numbers to Doo turbo 2 stroke numbers. 

What did BMP say the doo turbo was?

Of course BMP will have a tune next week gaining 45hp while running pump gas.....

Dont laugh, you know thats what they will claim.

I will say at least quality went up a bit after Jimmy bought the place and showed the theef the door . But still just overblown shit . There racers still won't let them touch there sleds or even see what is in them lol.  

And yes they will have a tune that will run for shit and blame the user for the ill running piston eating mod 

23 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I will say at least quality went up a bit after Jimmy bought the place and showed the theef the door . But still just overblown shit . There racers still won't let them touch there sleds or even see what is in them lol.  

And yes they will have a tune that will run for shit and blame the user for the ill running piston eating mod 

A lot of smoking mirrors.  Yes the girls are nice to look at at the snowmobile shows that they hire.  The problem arises when a customer has issues and can't get a call back.  Customer turns to social media because they get no call back and gets a response to keep calling until you get somebody to answer.  Leave it at that.