Check your account email address ×

How pissed would you be...

52 minutes ago, HSR said:

Less gyroscopic effect :thumbsup:

I mean, “HaVE yOu SeEn The SIZe of 8hundo PisTons!!!!!  ThYe makE gyrO Stuff…aNd tHe HevY CraNk!!!!”

Unreal.

22 minutes ago, Bontz said:

That was a great thread :lol:  Right up there with the track lug debate

You know, I couldn’t stay long in either thread.  I can surf around all day and play in idiotic threads but some, well…they are so stupid, it’s hard to be there and not feel shame.

22 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I don’t know. While I agree with some of what you’re saying, my 600 bores the shit out of me, performance/power wise. I mean, sure, it’s enough but there’s times where I want more and it’s not there. 

Then an 800 is for you.  There are some stretches  where I sure could use the 800, and gearing appropriate, but, for the most part, I can go flipper to bar and off all day on a 600 and have controlled and consistent performance that transfers to the trail.  Although, my only 6’s were race so, I was pushing a bit more ponies than the standard 6.  I think the 650 is a good mix.  Toss in some clutching and maybe gearing and it’ll be a trail beast.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I mean, “HaVE yOu SeEn The SIZe of 8hundo PisTons!!!!!  ThYe makE gyrO Stuff…aNd tHe HevY CraNk!!!!”

Unreal.

You know, I counts stay long in either.  I can surf around all day and play in idiotic threads but some, well…they are so stupid, it’s hard to be there and not feel shame.

Then an 800 is for you.  There are some stretches  where I sure could use the 800, and gearing appropriate, but, for the most part, I can go flipper to bar and off all day on a 600 and have controlled and consistent performance that transfers to the trail.  Although, my only 6’s were race so, I was pushing a bit more ponies than the standard 6.  I think the 650 is a good mix.  Toss in some clutching and maybe gearing and it’ll be a trail beast.  

Honestly, If I didn’t constantly swap on and off an 800, it probably wouldn’t be that big of a deal. 

1 minute ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Honestly, If I didn’t constantly swap on and off an 800, it probably wouldn’t be that big of a deal. 

Probably not.  I can’t wait to compare this 6 to my last two.  I’m not sure but I think this one, while still in a factory racer (with the clutching and gearing)is the standard 600 consumer cat with the *same consumer hp?My other two were most certainly not.

* @krom?  Is this correct?  I haven’t looked.

15 hours ago, mnstang said:

Did someone mention Roger Skime sale?

Sold. Lets just say lesson learned.... 

I got top dollar for it, BUT what good does that do me if I can't take delivery of a new sled....? Still waiting on a call back from Duluth Lawn & Sport w/ options.....

• Like 1

I've been on 800's for almost 15 years, and this 650 will be very interesting to me.  I honestly think it will have enough snort in the trails to make me smile, just like my 800's did ... and it may even surprise a few people if we squeeze it for 500' or 600' or so.  The realization that a 600 is really all that's needed in the trails hit me a few years ago when a riding buddy of mine @Hub let me use his wife's 600 for a day while my sled was being worked on (actually, I can't remember why I was on his wife's sled ... maybe it was when I grenaded the primary from the starter ring letting go).  Anyway, that was a fun sled ... a LOT OF FUN in the trails.

If it's got F7 power it's gonna be HUGE!!  Right @fortune46x:lol2:

• Like 1

Just now, Bontz said:

I've been on 800's for almost 15 years, and this 650 will be very interesting to me.  I honestly think it will have enough snort in the trails to make me smile, just like my 800's did ... and it may even surprise a few people if we squeeze it for 500' or 600' or so.  The realization that a 600 is really all that's needed in the trails hit me a few years ago when a riding buddy of mine @Hub let me use his wife's 600 for a day while my sled was being worked on (actually, I can't remember why I was on his wife's sled ... maybe it was when I grenaded the primary from the starter ring letting go).  Anyway, that was a fun sled ... a LOT OF FUN in the trails.

Hp can help be an equalizer for loss of talent.  There’s boys up here that can wear me the fuck out on their 500’s.  The main guy I ride with has never owned anything bigger than a 600.  When I had a goosed up 800xrs and RR and still couldn’t fucking roll with him at times.  The longer we rode, the more tired I got trying to wrestle the sled out of corners trying not to use the HP I didn’t need.  Jumped on the 600…..and that was the ticket.  Rider fatigue is a killer and I’ve heard all the BS otherwise too.  Bottom line is, seat time provides the truth.

Now, it can be a tad maddening when you are riding with some and that long stretch is coming up.  You know you won’t be able to keep up.  That’s fine.  Let them have that. A monkey can hold the flipper to the bar on a straight.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

That was a great thread :lol:  Right up there with the track lug debate

Lug flick 

54 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Probably not.  I can’t wait to compare this 6 to my last two.  I’m not sure but I think this one, while still in a factory racer (with the clutching and gearing)is the standard 600 consumer cat with the *same consumer hp?My other two were most certainly not.

* @krom?  Is this correct?  I haven’t looked.

Same 125hp class, different pipe, muffler, ECU and gearing.  Most say it's band is 30-70 so I foresee regearing in your future. 

44 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Sold. Lets just say lesson learned.... 

I got top dollar for it, BUT what good does that do me if I can't take delivery of a new sled....? Still waiting on a call back from Duluth Lawn & Sport w/ options.....

Possibly the best trail sled they've ever made?  

That xcR didn't last an hour after I posted the link here.  

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Lug flick 

Same 125hp class, different pipe, muffler, ECU and gearing.  Most say it's band is 30-70 so I foresee regearing in your future. 

I think the band is a little wider.  30-70 is fine.  The Team helix is a straight 38 so, that will be the most interesting to see how it works for me.  Now, I don’t know what number that is on Tricky’s scale.  #1 or #2?  Just no way to figure out that cut!  Irons dog teams prolly just take his word for it.  That is, IF THEY WANT TO WIN!!!!

50 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think the band is a little wider.  30-70 is fine.  The Team helix is a straight 38 so, that will be the most interesting to see how it works for me.  Now, I don’t know what number that is on Tricky’s scale.  #1 or #2?  Just no way to figure out that cut!  Irons dog teams prolly just take his word for it.  That is, IF THEY WANT TO WIN!!!!

Odd...

Fiche shows 38/40 0648-951 with 23/40 gearing for 2021.  Shows straight 48 0748-048 for 2022 (same as 600/800's) with all trail gearing.  Are these new primaries magical?

@fortune46x have you tore into the clutches on your 22 yet, or are there errors in the parts lookup?

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Odd...

Fiche shows 38/40 0648-951 with 23/40 gearing for 2021.  Shows straight 48 0748-048 for 2022 (same as 600/800's) with all trail gearing.  Are these new primaries magical?

@fortune46x have you tore into the clutches on your 22 yet, or are there errors in the parts lookup?

Right.  Secondary:

70354804-9A96-4E93-9B1B-49D29D3B7F93.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Just wait.... My 6 hundo has f7 power and there will be a emergency alert when I roll into towns to hide your wives and daughters cause the sled will knock them up.. 

50 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Odd...

I have take them apart to clean them , I dont remember what helix was on there - nor do I remember if it was set to 1 or 2. Might have to call rick. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Just wait.... My 6 hundo has f7 power and there will be a emergency alert when I roll into towns to hide your wives and daughters cause the sled will knock them up.. 

I have take them apart to clean them , I dont remember what helix was on there - nor do I remember if it was set to 1 or 2. Might have to call rick. 

ATtenTiON 2 dTaLE man! 

As long as you are calling about the clutch, ask how to get the hood off. 

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Different primary.  Not sure if it’s the same second.

I know 

Surprised at the change in both the helix and spring changes due just to a primary?

Secondary for 22 looks to be the normal Team TSS

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

ATtenTiON 2 dTaLE man! 

I know 

Surprised at the change in both the helix and spring changes due just to a primary?

You know, it’s hard to say what they did with the 21’s they were such a limited build so, some may be good, some not so much.  I didn’t plan on getting this so, I really haven’t done a whole lot of comparing.  I’ll probably be converting another SX this summer anyway.  We’ll see though.  Maybe I’ll be surprised.  :dunno:

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

ATtenTiON 2 dTaLE man! 

I know 

Secondary looks like they ground the team logo off the face that’s about it. Primary is interesting to watch do it’s thing but looks super easy to service/repair.

22 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@Crnr2Crnr The ZR6000 Roger Skime was by far the best trail sled that I have ever been on. Out of the crate, the calibration was spot on. I had a slight amount of over-rev, and that was taken care of simply by a sticky Ultimax XS belt. The ONLY mod I made was adding a set of Ski-Doo Pilot skis and a set of 6" Shaper bars. I didn't need anything more aggressive to get it to handle perfectly. Perfect balance, perfect ride, perfect weight transfer, perfect power, perfect reliability. The Roger Skime is the pinnacle of Cat and the Procross chassis. 

@Zambroski Great point on power versus the right rider. A Cat SnoPro 500 in the woods is untouchable in the right rider's hands. As you're well aware, my riding partner (Mac) is a retired Cat Factory racer. He rode my SP500 sled one day, and I rode his 800. There was no way I was ever going to catch him through the woods. Horsepower on a twistie trail is over rated.....

With that said.....I have had so many Procross sleds, that I REALLY wanted to try something different. Thus, the reason why I am in the situation that I am in with Polaris. 

• Like 1

@Bontz

Merry Christmas to me? My dealer has 2 different VR1's that are in transit that need a new home. They are not what I ordered, but close enough. :-)

He says that they could arrive at any time, and says that I could take delivery as early as next week. The big question is whether they will arrive complete or not....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

@Bontz

Merry Christmas to me? My dealer has 2 different VR1's that are in transit that need a new home. They are not what I ordered, but close enough. :-)

He says that they could arrive at any time, and says that I could take delivery as early as next week. The big question is whether they will arrive complete or not....

Great news!  Pete is a good guy.  I always liked him.

Again- dealer, dealer, dealer. Duluth Lawn & Sport has REALLY impressed me. Pete's communication has been awesome. I cannot imagine what the dealers are going through right now. 

So....I seem to be inching closer to the finish line.  

19 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Again- dealer, dealer, dealer. Duluth Lawn & Sport has REALLY impressed me. Pete's communication has been awesome. I cannot imagine what the dealers are going through right now. 

So....I seem to be inching closer to the finish line.  

Call me when you come pick it up.  We'll do lunch!  :bc:

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

@Bontz

Congrats!  I'll be anxious to see what you end up with (hopefully complete) & more so what your thoughts are when you get some seat time :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Ziemann said:

@Crnr2Crnr The ZR6000 Roger Skime was by far the best trail sled that I have ever been on. Out of the crate, the calibration was spot on. I had a slight amount of over-rev, and that was taken care of simply by a sticky Ultimax XS belt. The ONLY mod I made was adding a set of Ski-Doo Pilot skis and a set of 6" Shaper bars. I didn't need anything more aggressive to get it to handle perfectly. Perfect balance, perfect ride, perfect weight transfer, perfect power, perfect reliability. The Roger Skime is the pinnacle of Cat and the Procross chassis. 

@Zambroski Great point on power versus the right rider. A Cat SnoPro 500 in the woods is untouchable in the right rider's hands. As you're well aware, my riding partner (Mac) is a retired Cat Factory racer. He rode my SP500 sled one day, and I rode his 800. There was no way I was ever going to catch him through the woods. Horsepower on a twistie trail is over rated.....

With that said.....I have had so many Procross sleds, that I REALLY wanted to try something different. Thus, the reason why I am in the situation that I am in with Polaris. 

Smooth is always faster. The guy thats untouchable on a 500 will be just as fast on the 800. 

Im not sayin Im that guy, cuz Im not. Im just sayin, smooth is fast. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Legend said:

Smooth is always faster. The guy thats untouchable on a 500 will be just as fast on the 800. 

Im not sayin Im that guy, cuz Im not. Im just sayin, smooth is fast. 

Hard to feather the flipper smoothly on crashed out snow.  Much easier to pinch it.  But to your point.  Yuh, I was just as fast on my 800 as I was on my 600's.  It's just the length of time the fatigue would start to creep in and start stealing time.