How pissed would you be...

11 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

I think I'm screwed. Every thing I am looking at online is way over retail. Unreal. We'll see what my dealer says when he calls..   

Just a shitty situation, bro.  The safest answer is prolly just sit a year out or, maybe pick up a left over at the dealer….assuming they aren’t in a full on gouge mode.  Seems doubtful.

18 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

I think I'm screwed. Every thing I am looking at online is way over retail. Unreal. We'll see what my dealer says when he calls..   

Yep - I've been looking for a couple weeks now, and it's amazing what people want for used stuff (but I can't fault them, because prices are ridiculous & they'll probably get what they're asking for - or close to it).  I'm seriously starting to accept the fact any seat time I'm going to have this year is going to be in our club groomer.  My trips to northern WI and the UP will just have to wait more than likely.  I'm not really that mad, but it's gonna be full on rage if this turns into a banner snow year!! :wall:

I can't blame dealers for trying to make up for lost revenue. It just sucks being on the receiving end.....

I won't write off a season. That's not an option. I will be riding. It just a matter of what and where.

Chris- if I'm not grooming, I'm riding. (then there's that silly work thing I need to do to pay for my hobbies)

Our groomers are ready, and I am chomping at the bit wanting to get out there. 

• Like 1

Wait it out. Most anything out there for sale currently is overpriced like hell and MY23 is very likely to be the same steaming pile of shit. I love snowmobiling. It’s my only real hobby and while I’m not the smartest person with my money, I’d take a year off before I go upside down on a sled just to ride. 

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, all better now!

I wonder what are the chances dealers are flooded by abandoned snow checks and they make bank selling them off for next year.

Not sure, but I don't see the factories giving any rebates, programs, or even floorplan on those units, when they will be trying to sell 23's

2 hours ago, Ziemann said:

Keep working with your dealer he may be able to work with another dealer to trade some floor plan sleds if your dealer doesn't have something that will work for you.  I've said this before the good dealers will not be charging over retail for sleds.

3 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I have a great dealer. I'm hoping he call pull a rabbit out of a hat..... I havn't heard from him yet, but I know he will be calling. I genuinely feel bad for my dealer. He's really tried hard....

If not, does anyone have a dealer here in the upper Midwest with an extra Matryx?

I didn't think so...... 

2022 Polaris® 850 Rmk Khaos Matryx 155 For Sale in Madison, WI - Snowmobile Trader

Honestly , if 80% of my season wasnt wrapped up in traveling snocross I would be losing my shit , Im thankful I have my 6000 running and ready for white gold.

Am I the only one thinking about how detrimental this could be to the industry as a whole regardless of what brand you like?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Honestly , if 80% of my season wasnt wrapped up in traveling snocross I would be losing my shit , Im thankful I have my 6000 running and ready for white gold.

Am I the only one thinking about how detrimental this could be to the industry as a whole regardless of what brand you like?

If all these snocheckers start panic buying used sleds it's going to screw the used market even worse.  But then maybe some deals eventually.

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out with 22 and 23.  There's no guarantee anything will be better for 23 either.  Someone could give up their 22 and then be in this same place next year.  As long as God keeps making snow and oil I'll be good.

12 hours ago, fortune46x said:

I see the Khaos slash and the Boost are being moved back to Feb now from polaris.. at what point in time does the company cancel the orders and off them a 23 at a heavy discount ? 

Gm canceled my truck order and re ordered as a 2022. They fucked me as it won’t be here by years end. Polaris will probably do the same thing 

8 hours ago, fortune46x said:

No no no, this is just a Polaris issue. :news:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ziemann said:

Be realistic. That sled won't be ridden this year. By the time it ships, gets to my dealer, and is prepped and picked up, this season is lost. I'm not willing to do that. 

I like @Zambroski's idea better. Buy a beater. Unless someone has an option for me. Maybe an Axys XC600 new in the crate?

I found an Axys xcR 800 'demo' a few weeks ago that wasn't a complete screw job.  

Edit: it's gone.  Plenty of other Polaris though - including NEW 2022 XCR's & XC's???
https://www.snowmobiletrader.com/Polaris-s/snowmobiles-for-sale?type=Snowmobiles|301857&make=Polaris|2319876&model=800 INDY|764949812%2CXCR|764859686

Brand new 600 XCR https://www.snowmobiletrader.com/listing/2021-Polaris-600-INDY-XCR-5015758315

Shit load of 850's https://www.snowmobiletrader.com/Polaris-s/snowmobiles-for-sale?type=Snowmobiles|301857&make=Polaris|2319876&model=800 INDY|764949812%2C850 INDY|764975370

10 hours ago, mnstang said:

Hell buy a snopro 500 and never buy a new one again.  Just don't go 90's, I don't need you rich ass boomers fucking up my market.  

Even the Sno Pro market is out of whack.  I could likely sell my stocker for more than I paid for it in 2017 with 5k on it.  Weird.

But, I won't part with a reliable one.  Not a chance.

7 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Gm canceled my truck order and re ordered as a 2022. They fucked me as it won’t be here by years end. Polaris will probably do the same thing 

That's partially because you didn't order a crew cab.  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

9 hours ago, fortune46x said:

No.

9 hours ago, mnstang said:

If all these snocheckers start panic buying used sleds it's going to screw the used market even worse.  But then maybe some deals eventually.

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out with 22 and 23.  There's no guarantee anything will be better for 23 either.  Someone could give up their 22 and then be in this same place next year.  As long as God keeps making snow and oil I'll be good.

If you thought used sleds were getting scooped up fast at crazy prices before….watch this shit!

Holy shit, those of us with sleds are sitting on gold!  Don’t think I haven’t thought about it.

I really am not surprised - and I don’t know why anyone would be.  This same thing happened last year, and what changed??  

Sitting on three (having a backup to the backup) seems like a pretty good plan for riding this year.  

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I found an Axys xcR 800 'demo' a few weeks ago that wasn't a complete screw job.  

Edit: it's gone.  Plenty of other Polaris though - including NEW 2022 XCR's & XC's???
https://www.snowmobiletrader.com/Polaris-s/snowmobiles-for-sale?type=Snowmobiles|301857&make=Polaris|2319876&model=800 INDY|764949812%2CXCR|764859686

Brand new 600 XCR https://www.snowmobiletrader.com/listing/2021-Polaris-600-INDY-XCR-5015758315

Shit load of 850's https://www.snowmobiletrader.com/Polaris-s/snowmobiles-for-sale?type=Snowmobiles|301857&make=Polaris|2319876&model=800 INDY|764949812%2C850 INDY|764975370

Even the Sno Pro market is out of whack.  I could likely sell my stocker for more than I paid for it in 2017 with 5k on it.  Weird.

But, I won't part with a reliable one.  Not a chance.

That's partially because you didn't order a crew cab.  

I think you can still find a halfway decent one for around 4k.  Keep in mind, it's December and alot of people just saw snow.  Even in regular years, this is by far the worst time and dumbest time to be buying a sled.

Since alot of these people are loose with their money, they may be dumping sleds for deals in a few months so they can over pay for a summer toy

• Like 1