How pissed would you be...

I'd bail if it went to February.

Still remember people here shitting on Arctic Cat for capping orders.  They said they should take as many as possible regardless of supply issues and deal with it later (aka fuck over your customers).  Why would people encourage brands to screw over other snowmobilers?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

I see the Khaos slash and the Boost are being moved back to Feb now from polaris.. at what point in time does the company cancel the orders and off them a 23 at a heavy discount ? 

As someone that just had my order bumped back to January it is frustrating after all the guarantees delivery would be in the fall, (no ridable snow here so not an issue yet) my dealer anticipated this and wouldn't take my trade-in until the XCR shows up. Today's the day we're suppose to get an explanation from Polaris, but no email yet.

Pissed would be an understatement ... those models are for folks who can ride NOW, and if I were being told my mountain sled wasn't going to come in until February I'd be fucking LIVID!!  I saw someone post something on the Book Face talking about retaining snow check incentives on purchasing available floor units at Polaris dealerships.  So let me get this straight - the incentives for snowcheck were the 4-year warranty, a model with some cosmetic upgrades (powder coating options & color schemes), a choice on a fancy gauge, and some better shock options ... all at a price that typically was discounted back in March/April.  Now you can get none of the above, with the exception of the 4-year warranty, and pay a PREMIUM for a lesser sled ... that likely isn't available anyway since they're all sold or Polaris can't deliver those either.

What a deal!! :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

So for once it pays to buy the #3 brand in sales?

:lol:

I dunno ... I tried to see what I could get from the local Cat dealer, and even they said they'd be shocked if their allotted units show up by January.

Just now, Bontz said:

I dunno ... I tried to see what I could get from the local Cat dealer, and even they said they'd be shocked if their allotted units show up by January.

was referencing snow check orders, but still... 'we're #3!!!' is delivering as opposed to 'record # of snow checks' undelivered. 

the loyal guys that s/chk every year... should be wild

4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

did you not purchase the sled I sent you a link to from the other thread?  that one had your name written all over it.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the loyal guys that s/chk every year... should be wild

I'm not happy by any means, but I was realistic enough to have known going into it last Spring ... with all this supply chain bullshit - this situation shouldn't be a total surprise.  So it's not like I'm completely shocked by it all.  I'm not as wild about it as I would be if I had ordered a mountain sled & it not showing up.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Doug said:

And just got this picture sent to me from my buddies old dealership he use to own in central Wisconsin.  Just came in today.

Resized952021121395122303953281.jpg

I wonder if its a regional thing then ? 

I know cat pushed back the thundercats too because Yamaha's supply chain for the engines is fucked. 

1 minute ago, fortune46x said:

I wonder if its a regional thing then ? 

I know cat pushed back the thundercats too because Yamaha's supply chain for the engines is fucked. 

They were surprised to get it.  My XCR is between Jan 1 and 31 so we'll see.

Got the backup sled ready this morning.  Wife said the rent just went up on it after my dealer called with the delivery update.

20211213_132207.jpg

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

They were surprised to get it.  My XCR is between Jan 1 and 31 so we'll see.

Got the backup sled ready this morning.  Wife said the rent just went up on it after my dealer called with the delivery update.

20211213_132207.jpg

lol. I priced out everything to fix my 800 and saw the lead time on the parts - I am just going to order a complete engine from country cat. 

2 hours ago, fortune46x said:

lol. I priced out everything to fix my 800 and saw the lead time on the parts - I am just going to order a complete engine from country cat. 

Guy in our club is in the same situation.  Had a 600 Doo go down bad because the intake boots were cracked.  By the time he priced parts out and when they thought the parts would come in just ended up ordering a short block.

5 hours ago, fortune46x said:

I see the Khaos slash and the Boost are being moved back to Feb now from polaris.. at what point in time does the company cancel the orders and off them a 23 at a heavy discount ? 

March.  I’m guessing the bad news will be delivered to many real soon.  I’d say fuck it if it were me….just pick up some beater on the cheap (if you can find it) to run through the winter or skip it altogether.

It is what it is.

19 minutes ago, Doug said:

Guy in our club is in the same situation.  Had a 600 Doo go down bad because the intake boots were cracked.  By the time he priced parts out and when they thought the parts would come in just ended up ordering a short block.

The parts paradigm will hit many this winter….and their season will be over too.

What a god damn mess.

4 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Taking it dry..... No kisses offered ...

Screenshot_20211213-172855_Gmail.jpg

Nice way to begin your first try at Polaris, eh Brian?  Is that dealership still able to work with you or are you completely bent over grabbing your ankles?  Polaris really had a pretty significant opportunity here, as there sure seemed to be a lot of people jumping teams to give it a shot this year.  Now - I'm guessing many of those are saying fuck it.  I know I would be ... and may be anyway if things go further in the wrong direction.

• Thanks 1

I have a great dealer. I'm hoping he call pull a rabbit out of a hat..... I havn't heard from him yet, but I know he will be calling. I genuinely feel bad for my dealer. He's really tried hard....

If not, does anyone have a dealer here in the upper Midwest with an extra Matryx?

I didn't think so...... 

Edited by Ziemann

• Gold Member

I like option #3 select sled from in-stock inventory umm ya except there is none. The dealer I use has zero sleds in-stock cat/doo/poo dealer. I think I’d just wait at this point for it to come in. Even if you back out and order a 23 you’ll more than likely run into the same issue next winter.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ziemann said:

I have a great dealer. I'm hoping he call pull a rabbit out of a hat..... I have heard from him yet, but I know he will be calling. I genuinely feel bad for my dealer. He's really tried hard....

If not, does anyone have a dealer here in the upper Midwest with an extra Matryx?

I didn't think so...... 

I tried M&M in Pine Island, just to humor myself (knowing that in all likelihood they wouldn't have anything) .... and yep, that was confirmed in a matter of seconds.

Be realistic. That sled won't be ridden this year. By the time it ships, gets to my dealer, and is prepped and picked up, this season is lost. I'm not willing to do that. 

I like @Zambroski's idea better. Buy a beater. Unless someone has an option for me. Maybe an Axys XC600 new in the crate?