Weekend thread

SSFB

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

It's 58* here right now, it's the second time in as many weeks we had 2 or 3 inches of snow and it's all  gone and muddy as hell.

Instead of mud we will probably be left with an ice rink for a driveway again this time, lol

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

Instead of mud we will probably be left with an ice rink for a driveway again this time, lol

Rained like a bitch here for a few minutes then windy as hell, my driveway the first 800 feet any way is so rough from getting washed out so many times at least I'll have traction.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Crazy 24 hours here. Yesterday I was digging out topsoil to extend my parking area. No frost in the grass areas but 4 inches in the gravel sections. Poured a concrete pad for my gas pump and set 10 fence posts for the parking area. Rain over night and a high of 70 degrees this afternoon took away what snow we had. Frost came out of the gravel and turned the area to 1 inch of slop. Now the temps are back down to 0 and its flurrying and ice pellets....lol

I hope to finish hanging some Christmas lights tomorrow and replant a Spruce I pulled out to extend the parking area.

40-50 degree high for most of the coming week so I'm going to install another swimming pool just to get it off my spring list.

9 hours ago, 1jkw said:

I wonder if there was any snow left foe the snodeo?

They didn't have much to begin with, although it's usually 10* cooler up there, couldn't have been much if any snow.

8 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

58* here and windy as fuck, lights been flickering for a couple hours

I was heading back from some shopping around 5:30 my truck was showing 65*.. SMH.. Then the wind picked up big time, had a pine come down I get to go cut up..Lame

9 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Rained like a bitch here for a few minutes then windy as hell, my driveway the first 800 feet any way is so rough from getting washed out so many times at least I'll have traction.

I graded mine 3 weeks ago hoping it would freeze smooth. 

PC091584.thumb.JPG.7629c3d406d29e3cd2956ffd10a2ef17.JPGWow.,look at this  beauty!!! 

10 hours ago, 1jkw said:

PC091580.JPG

Edited by Guest

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

Did you put a CROWN on it, Mr. Brox?   

of course. What is the sense of having a drainage ditch run along the side if you dont grade for the water to go into the trench?

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

of course. What is the sense of having a drainage ditch run along the side if you dont grade for the water to go into the trench?

Bullshit!! I seen your driveway, it looks like the road into Barretto's Granite Quarry!!!    :lol2::lol2::lol2:

4 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Bullshit!! I seen your driveway, it looks like the road into Barretto's Granite Quarry!!!    :lol2::lol2::lol2:

If my life was as boring as yours I would take a pic of it. but........

4 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Stop ruining threads with petty nonsensical personal attacks.

And I didn't get out this weekend but my shit is prepped, packed and ready to rip for Wed.

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Crazy 24 hours here. Yesterday I was digging out topsoil to extend my parking area. No frost in the grass areas but 4 inches in the gravel sections. Poured a concrete pad for my gas pump and set 10 fence posts for the parking area. Rain over night and a high of 70 degrees this afternoon took away what snow we had. Frost came out of the gravel and turned the area to 1 inch of slop. Now the temps are back down to 0 and its flurrying and ice pellets....lol

I hope to finish hanging some Christmas lights tomorrow and replant a Spruce I pulled out to extend the parking area.

40-50 degree high for most of the coming week so I'm going to install another swimming pool just to get it off my spring list.

Sounds like a rich person problem :lol::bc:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

How did ya hit em ?

Struggled Sunday, I think I had 84 on an easier course.

Yesterday I played well other than a few blowup holes, 78.

No golf today, just fucking around. 

17 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Also @steve from amherst, I ran into a guy who said he went to school in Amherst. Did you graduate from there? This guy was named Brett. He went into Marine Corp in ‘78 so I assume he graduated about that time. Lives in MN now. 

No, I grew up ( well got larger ) in northeastern Mass right on the NH border. Shit AMherst in late 70's was a cow town. 

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

No, I grew up ( well got larger ) in northeastern Mass right on the NH border. Shit AMherst in late 70's was a cow town. 

Gotcha, no wonder he left and joined the Marines. :lol: :bc:

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

Gotcha, no wonder he left and joined the Marines. :lol: :bc:

Funny liberals always say young people move away from here to find cheap housing. Truth is , they move away to be able to fuck someone they are not related to.

• Haha 1