Hurricane is getting their new mock C tuned

Rod

225 hp so far on 91

They think

theyll get 235-240 on 93. About what I was suspecting 

not easy though i think they had to replace the ecu completely to be able to tune it

a much better effort than before and 193-240 hp will be plenty for most for power 

but as expected it’s still not quite a 998 turbo cat 

73147E96-25A6-4764-9F03-5478B41A47CC.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Not going to be a $400 tune if you have to buy a new ECU and that guy at Hurricane is a bullshitter anyways.

I agree

i also wonder does this affect the smart shocks or is there a separate controller for that? 

Edited by jtssrx

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Not going to be a $400 tune if you have to buy a new ECU and that guy at Hurricane is a bullshitter anyways.

Why do you say that ? Anyone that can set a world record at over 200 mph must be doing something right. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Probably gonna be $3000

and yeah I think he BS’s his HP 

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

But when you’re done with the sled you can also sell the tuned ecu. Hurricane knows how to make more power than anyone but hyper sports. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Why do you say that ? Anyone that can set a world record at over 200 mph must be doing something right. 

Because I've done business with him and talked with experienced turbo guys when I played with the turbo kit I bought from him. Several manufacturers had a 180hp kits for the New Viper/ZR7000 when they came out, but Hurricane claimed 190hp with theirs. I only bought from him because he was in Ontario, figured I'd get better service. They shipped me Yamaha clutch parts for my ZR7000 clutches. When I called to let them know, he called me back 3-4 days after leaving a message and when he did he had nothing to offer help wise. He had no parts and admitted he had no experience with Cats. After 2 calls to him with the same result I ended up taking it to a mechanic with turbo experience.

Hurricane made lots of promises when I was shopping, then ignored me once I'd put my money down. Took some time to get it running right but it sucked a ton of fuel, it was embarrassingly loud and was a lot slower than a stock 9000.

I pulled it all out, sold it to the guy who helped me get it running and traded the sled for a ZR9000.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Because I've done business with him and talked with experienced turbo guys when I played with the turbo kit I bought from him. Several manufacturers had a 180hp kits for the New Viper/ZR7000 when they came out, but Hurricane claimed 190hp with theirs. I only bought from him because he was in Ontario, figured I'd get better service. They shipped me Yamaha clutch parts for my ZR7000 clutches. When I called to let them know, he called me back 3-4 days after leaving a message and when he did he had nothing to offer help wise. He had no parts and admitted he had no experience with Cats. After 2 calls to him with the same result I ended up taking it to a mechanic with turbo experience.

Hurricane made lots of promises when I was shopping, then ignored me once I'd put my money down. Took some time to get it running right but it sucked a ton of fuel, it was embarrassingly loud and was a lot slower than a stock 9000.

I pulled it all out, sold it to the guy who helped me get it running and traded the sled for a ZR9000.

Would be interesting if someone actually dyno’d hurricanes tunes 

wasn’t it them that claimed their tune added a lot more hp out of a 900T than anyone else?

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, ACE said:

Would be interesting if someone actually dyno’d hurricanes tunes 

wasn’t it them that claimed their tune added a lot more hp out of a 900T than anyone else?

That's what I remember. Everyone else was 190-195 but Hurricane claimed 205. I think Benny2Many used to say his numbers didn't work mathematically.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That's what I remember. Everyone else was 190-195 but Hurricane claimed 205. I think Benny2Many used to say his numbers didn't work mathematically.

Think they’re maybe even saying 215 now 

I,ve said that for 40 years. A good dyno operator can get you some extra torque and HP, by fudging numbers in the equation.

A short dyno burst doesn,t really tell the complete story.

People get wrapped up in bragging numbers, but I have seen many, many radar runs and drag races over the years, and if you follow the results over time, a lot of time, the truth usually surfaces on who can, and who cann,t make real power.

A few years back I went to see some top speed runs on one of our local lakes, and the participants were mainly from the Hurricane and TD camps, with Dave running the gun. There were lots of heated arguments during that event. Amazing how wrapped up guys get after a few beers. Even the guy running the gun can help or hurt the numbers on the gun by directing the gun in different directions.

There were also some side by side drag races, by guys calling out their buddies, and that kinda told the tale as well.

Guys that were constantly bragging about high HP dyno numbers were constantly being beat with lower HP tunes, from other brands. That got real embarrassing, for some.

Great to be able to stand back and watch the bickering going on between both camps, when you know most of the guys,  and are a neutral bystander.

Edited by Frostynuts