Wait for your snow check sled or bail out ?

Will you wait for your snowcheck or bail  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Will you wait for your snowcheck or bail

• Wait until the sled comes in
    • Bail and find a different used sled
    • Bail and just ride what I have
    • Bail and snowcheck a 2023

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I meant as a whole company, not the dealers and service people left holding the bag and having to explain to customers why their mother ship is a full on shit show.  Cat is still feeling the supplier network problems from their last debacle.

All suppliers are having problems but, it seems pretty widespread and common that Poo is having the largest.  Maybe their supply and logistics team were really optimistic.  Biden was their hero after all…..after Trump caused them “so many problems”.

:dunno:

Oh really?  Polaris has the TDS?  I didn't know but it makes sense from that company and riders!

Let's go Brandon and Polaris!

9 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Oh really?  Polaris has the TDS?  I didn't know but it makes sense from that company and riders!

Let's go Brandon and Polaris!

Yeah, I think the President has the disease.  He’s made some off handed comments in the past especially when Trump was trying to tame China down a bit.  

Yep.  Threatened to move production overseas unless they get a china tariff exemption.  What a piece of crap.  China brand.  And now they're the ones with the big supply problems from all their China parts.  Good riddance.  What a whiner.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/polaris-will-consider-shifting-production-overseas-unless-it-gets-tariffs-exemption

Leave it to you two ... are you sure you're not related to @Mainecat:lol:  It took me all of 40 seconds to look up Scott Wine's political affiliation to see he's a Republican and has donated accordingly.  But yeah ... TDS out of Roseau!! LOL

I guess it's good that Cat doesn't have enough technology built into their sleds that they require any components from China :whistle:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Leave it to you two ... are you sure you're not related to @Mainecat:lol:  It took me all of 40 seconds to look up Scott Wine's political affiliation to see he's a Republican and has donated accordingly.  But yeah ... TDS out of Roseau!! LOL

I guess it's good that Cat doesn't have enough technology built into their sleds that they require any components from China :whistle:

Republican means nothing.  Swamp creature crying about his China parts.  I'm glad all your China parts came in for you though enjoy the China craftsmanship and reliability.

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Are you goons REALLY trying to play off Cats lack of available sled orders on them being more ready for supply chain issues? You must be fucking joking. 

They did limit orders in spring due to supply chain issues.  Polaris did not.  Who is the goon now?

3 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I remember the tariff thing from Scott Wine and thought it was…. whining.  It was obviously affecting the bottom line, plain and simple.  That’s not politics, that’s business.

Exactly, and I'd say the same thing if it had been Metz that made the comment.  Wine's comments to Polaris investors about the China tariffs is what we call a "real world problem" - it's all about the $$$ (unfortunately).  Business, not politics.

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

Republican means nothing.  Swamp creature crying about his China parts.  I'm glad all your China parts came in for you though enjoy the China craftsmanship and reliability.

They did limit orders in spring due to supply chain issues.  Polaris did not.  Who is the goon now?

LOL .... yeah, Cat limited orders.  From what, 200 to 100?  Let's face it, when there's so few units that get snow checked, as is the case with Cat, the reliance on China is less severe (and it doesn't hurt having inventory from sleds that are 10+ years old, since there's not much need to build or purchase more parts).  Now go ahead, insert the, "We're #2!!  We're #2!" rant :lol:

Hard truth is, Cat hasn't had much of anything for people to get excited about & therefore no real reason to worry about production, so cutting it even lower doesn't really hurt them.  Just ask some of your fellow Cat guys on this board what brand they're on now.  There's way more guys who've recognized what's going on with Cat and have made the move to Polaris and SkiDoo than the other way around.

25 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Exactly, and I'd say the same thing if it had been Metz that made the comment.  Wine's comments to Polaris investors about the China tariffs is what we call a "real world problem" - it's all about the $$$ (unfortunately).  Business, not politics.

LOL .... yeah, Cat limited orders.  From what, 200 to 100?  Let's face it, when there's so few units that get snow checked, as is the case with Cat, the reliance on China is less severe (and it doesn't hurt having inventory from sleds that are 10+ years old, since there's not much need to build or purchase more parts).  Now go ahead, insert the, "We're #2!!  We're #2!" rant :lol:

Hard truth is, Cat hasn't had much of anything for people to get excited about & therefore no real reason to worry about production, so cutting it even lower doesn't really hurt them.  Just ask some of your fellow Cat guys on this board what brand they're on now.  There's way more guys who've recognized what's going on with Cat and have made the move to Polaris and SkiDoo than the other way around.

The truth is cat limited orders to avoid the situation you're in right now.

Truth is Polaris didn't limit orders at all and now customer's are paying the price for their irresponsibility or lack of foresight.

The rest of what you say literally makes no sense.  I'd question your critical thinking skills and point out exactly how and why you're incorrect and how you're actually just further making my case but we all know you're just playing your tribal game and thinking or facts aren't involved with you.  Or you're just too stupid.

You're good with it so good for you.  Doesn't change the facts.  

54 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Truth is Polaris didn't limit orders at all and now customer's are paying the price for their irresponsibility or lack of foresight.

The rest of what you say literally makes no sense.  I'd question your critical thinking skills and point out exactly how and why you're incorrect and how you're actually just further making my case but we all know you're just playing your tribal game and thinking or facts aren't involved with you.  Or you're just too stupid.

If you can't understand what my last post was about, maybe you're related to Ramstad, not Mainecat.  Critical thinking ... bwhahahaha!! :lol:

45 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I have literally no skin In the game but it looks like it's not exactly rosy in the Arctic Cat camp either.

Screenshot_20211230-161359_Facebook.jpg

Ooops :whistle:

Wasn’t it Ford recently that basically said that relying on China as a supplier is untenable, and they were going to start making their own chips?  I just saw a segment online about how Tesla is going to start making batteries next to the auto plants, mainly because of the cost and delays of shipping batteries (even if the batteries are made in a different state, not overseas).

I think that’s the future - time to reign in these low-cost suppliers and factor in reliability and consistency into the cost of doing business.  Everyone is affected by the supply chain issues, and anyone who manages to overcome that isn’t smart, they’re lucky.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Wasn’t it Ford recently that basically said that relying on China as a supplier is untenable, and they were going to start making their own chips?  I just saw a segment online about how Tesla is going to start making batteries next to the auto plants, mainly because of the cost and delays of shipping batteries (even if the batteries are made in a different state, not overseas).

I think that’s the future - time to reign in these low-cost suppliers and factor in reliability and consistency into the cost of doing business.  Everyone is affected by the supply chain issues, and anyone who manages to overcome that isn’t smart, they’re lucky.

Hopefully anything brought back to the US for manufacturing can find a labor force to do the work.  Price increases are only half the concern ... labor and the fact nobody wants to work is the other aspect.  But I'm all for eliminating our dependency on China :thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

Polaris took an unlimited order number on all spring ordered sleds you say? Fucking dolt. 

Good thing Cat “limited” orders. You can get any of the parts you need to build a Cat from Ace hardware or Auto Zone. They’re hurting for supplies too. 

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Word salad. 

News flash, trying to continually string together bullshit, with horseshit, still doesn’t make you look any brighter. Anyone with a triple digit IQ can tell that. 

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Hopefully anything brought back to the US for manufacturing can find a labor force to do the work.  Price increases are only half the concern ... labor and the fact nobody wants to work is the other aspect.  But I'm all for eliminating our dependency on China :thumbsup:

It’s happening. Many manufacturers are looking to bring this stuff back to NA but you’re right, they are going to need workers and it’s not going to be cheap. Just look around and see how much the price of pretty much everything has went up in the last year and how many open positions there are. 

10 hours ago, Bontz said:

Being apologetic to customer service people, who have no skin in the game other than delivering the news & taking the brunt of shitty customers, shouldn't be difficult to understand.  If you want to bitch at the higher ups who actually HAVE skin in the game, that's understandable (and yeah, I agree with that aspect of it).  And if you think Doo is doing reasonably well, I have news for ya .. they're struggling every bit as much.  I know two dealers locally who can't get a fully built Doo delivered to their customers (but hope to soon) and a riding buddy's brother-in-law (well, it's actually the brother-in-law's wife) who won't see her Enduro 600 until March, hopefully.

my buddys doo spring order was pushed to late Jan his Poo into Feb,  sucks across all brands.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mnstang said:

It was the MADCATTER'S that were calling BS when Polaris was listing some of the models as "Limited Supply" during Snow Check.  🤣

• Like 1

The ugly reality is that the factories put their order in for parts over a year, before expected delivery.

Parts were ordered ( April- June) 2020,  for a projected delivery some time in the summer of 2021... makes it tough to adjust for wide spreads in demand.

Just in time delivery, has been the American  MBA's management way for years.  Inventory costs money to sit on, and it's taxed.  Hence the shelves are light for inventory.

• Like 1

Troy Halverson posted on a FB thread (ACTR) they plan to have all new sleds to their dealers by the end of January.

All 34 they have left to deliver.  One is Ramstads.

:lmao:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 4:05 PM, mnstang said:

I thought polaris did limit orders?  I recall on HCS mostly, but also other forums, screenshots of the snowcheck site with limited availability or sold out on some sleds and people claimed it was a marketing gimmick by polaris to get more orders.  Then it turned out polaris was rejecting orders and those same people bitched and complained there order was rejected.

Edited by Boonbocker1

16 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

I thought polaris did limit orders?  I recall on HCS mostly, but also other forums, screenshots of the snowcheck site with limited availability or sold out on some sleds and people claimed it was a marketing gimmick by polaris to get more orders.  Then it turned out polaris was rejecting orders and those same people bitched and complained there order was rejected.

Nah - you're imagining things.  Cat was the only OEM smart enough to limit orders :whistle:

• Haha 1