Wait for your snow check sled or bail out ?

Will you wait for your snowcheck or bail  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Will you wait for your snowcheck or bail

• Wait until the sled comes in
    • Bail and find a different used sled
    • Bail and just ride what I have
    • Bail and snowcheck a 2023

9 hours ago, Bontz said:

It's weird ... I feel like I should be more pissed about the situation, but I feel kind of - I dunno - indifferent to it all.  Maybe missing last year and not missing it nearly as much as I thought I would is playing into it.  But I just kinda feel like "meh, whatever" :news:   The idea of NOT spending $16K+ isn't a terrible thing ... especially after shelling out for a RZR back in October.

I have to see what the scoop is with my XCR, obviously, before I start leaning one way or the other.  But I'm not gonna lie, the local Cat dealer is a good dude and he supports our snowmobile club quite a bit ... I wouldn't mind giving a Cat a whirl but all he seems to have in stock are Alpha railed sleds.  I'd like to see if he can find a way to get a Thunderkitty but like I said earlier, I wasn't thrilled with spending $16K ... I sure as hell wouldn't be thrilled to spend $19K+!! LOL

Such real world problems, I tell ya ... worrying about a snowmobile :whistle:

I think Polaris will be sending out emails in the next 3 business days about the status of our sleds.  If mine is extended any longer I'll be at my new dealer working a deal with them on one of the 2022's they have in stock or just getting my deposit back and fuck it.

3 hours ago, A05GSHO said:

I think Polaris will be sending out emails in the next 3 business days about the status of our sleds.  If mine is extended any longer I'll be at my new dealer working a deal with them on one of the 2022's they have in stock or just getting my deposit back and fuck it.

Monday is when the emails will come out.  Word is already out and guys are putting down payments on tentative floor models that haven't arrived at the dealers yet just to have sleds.

So a riding buddy of mine should have his 22 RMK next week, that wasn’t supposed to be in until February. He had his 20 up until a few nights ago because like I told him, 23 is still going to be fucked. If you have a 22 coming and can wait for it, do so because I seriously doubt 23 will be any better. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Zambroski said:

For the hell of it it I just looked on Craig’s.  Three 2021’s poos in my area.  One asking 16k and the other two are $17k “used” Holy shit!

I may sell my sled and we’ll just groom together this year!  :lol:

I had one call on my sled from the east coast on my rr. He said mine is the only one in the country for sale right now. He has been searching for weeks for a used ctech 800 rr. He said newer used sleds are impossible to find right now 

9 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I had one call on my sled from the east coast on my rr. He said mine is the only one in the country for sale right now. He has been searching for weeks for a used ctech 800 rr. He said newer used sleds are impossible to find right now 

Every day stories like this make me appreciate what I was able to nab this year.  I got really lucky and didn’t really appreciate it at the time.  Knew it was a good deal and jumped on it but honestly, if I wouldn’t have jumped or decided to wait, I’d most likely be sitting here without a sled and few options right now.  Jesus.  Crazy world.

On 12/9/2021 at 11:41 PM, Zambroski said:

What makes matters worse is the used sled market is just dry AF and indeed, people are asking top $$$.  Trying to find an exact model is gonna e tough.

One thing to consider though, how many of these overpriced used sleds are actually selling?  Most of these new sleds are financed, and most guys with the wherewithal to spend 15-17 grand on a used sled, would rather have a new anyways. As you said, its a shitty situation all the way around.  Another thing I was thinking is this will probably put a big damper on new models coming out, if there is still a big pipeline of current stuff still being produced.  To all these guys who bought the latest greatest, like a Turbo Polaris or Mach Z with Smart shocks, I feel for them.  I'd be pissed.  I was talking to a local Ski Doo Polaris dealer this week, and he's still waiting for 100 sleds to show up and get delivered.  And he's got another 12-15 on the floor waiting for parts.  Such a stupid sport.  :lol: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

One thing to consider though, how many of these overpriced used sleds are actually selling?  Most of these new sleds are financed, and most guys with the wherewithal to spend 15-17 grand on a used sled, would rather have a new anyways. As you said, its a shitty situation all the way around.  Another thing I was thinking is this will probably put a big damper on new models coming out, if there is still a big pipeline of current stuff still being produced.  To all these guys who bought the latest greatest, like a Turbo Polaris or Mach Z with Smart shocks, I feel for them.  I'd be pissed.  I was talking to a local Ski Doo Polaris dealer this week, and he's still waiting for 100 sleds to show up and get delivered.  And he's got another 12-15 on the floor waiting for parts.  Such a stupid sport.  :lol: 

3-4 months of use….if lucky most years.  $15-17k+ for a new ride….and now these sleds aren’t going to be ready to ride til, what appears to be, close to the end of the season.  Yuh…sweet.

End of season sales are gonna be interesting.  I’m gonna guess dealers are gonna be full of stock from people that said “fuck it”.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

3-4 months of use….if lucky most years.  $15-17k+ for a new ride….and now these sleds aren’t going to be ready to ride til, what appears to be, close to the end of the season.  Yuh…sweet.

End of season sales are gonna be interesting.  I’m gonna guess dealers are gonna be full of stock from people that said “fuck it”.

I'm waiting for a low mile Lynx for 9999, or "take over payments".  :lol:  Doubt I will get my wish.  Just glad I love the sled I have and oddly, not hankering for a new one.  I have this one set up perfect for how I like to ride.  Ditched the faggot clear plastic handguards.  Snapped one off very first ride when I got the sled.  Put mirrors on last year, but ditched those faggot looking things too.  We go offtrail a lot, and are often rolling out of stucks.  You need quick access to a shovel, and no handguards or mirrors to snap off.  Just picked up a low hour set of Exits for short $ that will be going on next week when I get to camp, so she should be nice and plush.

130981280_202392504848586_7047497201298553723_n.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm waiting for a low mile Lynx for 9999, or "take over payments".  :lol:  Doubt I will get my wish.  Just glad I love the sled I have and oddly, not hankering for a new one.  I have this one set up perfect for how I like to ride.  Ditched the faggot clear plastic handguards.  Snapped one off very first ride when I got the sled.  Put mirrors on last year, but ditched those faggot looking things too.  We go offtrail a lot, and are often rolling out of stucks.  You need quick access to a shovel, and no handguards or mirrors to snap off.  Just picked up a low hour set of Exits for short $ that will be going on next week when I get to camp, so she should be nice and plush.

130981280_202392504848586_7047497201298553723_n.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Mark we’ve been running the Rox Flex Teks on all of the off trail sleds in our group. They’ve been tough as nails and SUPER helpful for keeping those “stinger” limbs from snapping you in the hands. 

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I like the "will keep if it doesn't sell".

No kidding there, Rosco.

All he needs to do is strap on his open face helmet, slip in the airpods to crank some Skynard, bolt on one of those idiotic looking Baler Tour Packs and fill it with Wild Turkey and Marb Reds.  Maybe a LGB safety flag too, in case @Zambroski is coming the other direction.  

:lol:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, mnstang said:

No kidding there, Rosco.

“Don’t need help selling”. -been listed for 8 months.  May not need help but, some advice for sure.

32 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

All he needs to do is strap on his open face helmet, slip in the airpods to crank some Skynard, bolt on one of those idiotic looking Baler Tour Packs and fill it with Wild Turkey and Marb Reds.  Maybe a LGB safety flag too, in case @Zambroski is coming the other direction.  

Johnny Skeptical.

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

No kidding there, Rosco.

90% of the sleds listed on fbm for my area say this. Well then, don’t post the fucking thing. Problem solved. 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

No way that motherfucker has a set of AirPods. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Marb Reds ftw.  :lol: 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I heard Polaris' e-mail server blew up so no news can be sent out today :stirthepot:

AngryFest :lol:  I thought that was when Cat gave their latest anniversary edition a new coat of grey primer and decals?

Jim R does not approve this message.

• Haha 1

Got the email, January, what next February, then March.  Yeah I'm getting pissed.

Since you last heard from us, we’ve continued to work tirelessly to get you your snowmobile as soon as possible. We understand that you want nothing more than to be out enjoying the winter weather on your new sled. And believe us, we want that just as bad as you do.

Unfortunately, due to continued delays in component parts your snowmobile has been delayed and is now expected to ship in January. We understand this is not ideal, nor what we desired, but we wanted to provide as much notice as possible. You do have a few options for your SnowCheck order.

1. You can keep your SnowCheck order, and wait for it to arrive at your dealer as normal.
  2. You can cancel your SnowCheck order, and be reimbursed for your deposit from your dealer.
  3. You can cancel your SnowCheck order and instead select a unit in inventory at your dealer, and still receive the full SnowCheck program benefits including financing and warranty.

Please contact your dealer if you decide to cancel your order or want to explore converting into existing inventory.

We will continue to provide updates in the coming months as the build schedule and component availability evolves and we will send you an email notification when your sled ships.

Thank you for being patient and understanding the situation that we are all in right now. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and greatly appreciate your unwavering passion and loyalty as a SnowCheck customer as we navigate through these unprecedented times together.

- The Polaris Team

• Sad 1

Riding buddy was debating bailing on his Lynx Saturday at our club Christmas party and seeing what he could find.  Just got this pic from him that his sled is in but he didn't say if it was complete or not.  Still no work on his wife's Ski-Doo.

FB_IMG_1639519999887.jpg

On 12/9/2021 at 11:41 PM, Zambroski said:

What makes matters worse is the used sled market is just dry AF and indeed, people are asking top $$$.  Trying to find an exact model is gonna e tough.

so glad i bought sled and trailer end of last season.  BC xrs with 700 miles on it and a 2018 trailer for under 18.5k.  I could get 15 for the sled and 8 for the trailer right now i bet.  

buddy had 2 snowchecks,  900R turbo for the wife and SBA 850 for him.  Turbo was coming with wrong track and not coming till late Jan.  Now the SBA is not coming until Feb,  SMH.  He canceled the turbo and hopefully his wife can ride his on our Feb/MAr trips if the SBA show up