i wonder what happened to this sled...

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what other 'sleds of the internet' are now lost to time you would love to find...?

I see them pop up from time to time.  Most are just clapped out….and should be.

1 hour ago, A05GSHO said:

It caught on fire

64809.jpg

From gnar!  Old Polaris sleds (1 year or older) get scrapped pretty quick.  Garbage.:lmao:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I see them pop up from time to time.  Most are just clapped out….and should be.

From gnar!  Old Polaris sleds (1 year or older) get scrapped pretty quick.  Garbage.:lmao:

F7 swapped ones galore, but there weren't many 1000's.  Most of the F7 swapped ones are clapped out junk from what I've seen.  Would love to find one of the Birchpoint 800's

There has to be a few interesting Polaris swapped sleds built back in the day?

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

F7 swapped ones galore, but there weren't many 1000's.  Most of the F7 swapped ones are clapped out junk from what I've seen.  Would love to find one of the Birchpoint 800's

There has to be a few interesting Polaris swapped sleds built back in the day?

I think it was 2016 that I found an out of the crate RSX that was race team converted to a new 800 zuke. Mint.  They were asking like $15k.  Ouch.

• Like 1

I don't know what is cool about with putting a big motor in a snopro chassis.  You'd get worked by a stock 500 in the woods and alot of other sleds too but I guess you can wheelie and show all your buddies that want to wheelie? 👌  just like the video, the fb guys asking to wheelie would love it.  I think it'd get old after one corner.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

I don't know what is cool about with putting a big motor in a snopro chassis.  You'd get worked by a stock 500 in the woods and alot of other sleds too but I guess you can wheelie and show all your buddies that want to wheelie? 👌  just like the video, the fb guys asking to wheelie would love it.  I think it'd get old after one corner.

don't be hating on the 'fuN FActOr' dude

:lmao:

if I had the time and space for them, I'd probably have a fleet of them in different configurations.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

11 hours ago, mnstang said:

That was the most fun, best handling sled possibly ever. 

I had on 09 RSX that I converted into XC trim.  Put the 600 in a rubbermaid tub under the bench, and dropped in a heavily modified F7 carb bottom end with home ported F9SS top end, and my own head domes.  Took it to Jaws to have the pipe made/fit.  Had a flywheel cut with another keyway to give it 8* advance with the dial on 0.  Modified a reverse cam secondary to fit, and ditched the pos team.

It was a handful, clutch engagement at 6k, and full throttle rpm of 9,200, but at the same weight as a 500, and more than double the HP, the thing was awesome.

The hot-start button still worked

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, krom said:

That was the most fun, best handling sled possibly ever. 

I had on 09 RSX that I converted into XC trim.  Put the 600 in a rubbermaid tub under the bench, and dropped in a heavily modified F7 carb bottom end with home ported F9SS top end, and my own head domes.  Took it to Jaws to have the pipe made/fit.  Had a flywheel cut with another keyway to give it 8* advance with the dial on 0

It was a handful, clutch engagement at 6k, and full throttle rpm of 9,200, but at the same weight as a 500, and more than double the HP, the thing was awesome.

The hot-start button still worked

That 13RR800 I had set up with gearing and got with @Tommcat for primary and secondary clutching.  It was outrageous!  A fucking beast.  Engaged at like 5800 and tried to leave you behind and would back shift so hard it almost sent you over the hood!  Total fucking hoot and fun for a while but was just a damn wrestling match for where I rode.  The SX was perfect.  

knabbed 21 rxc this year.  Curious to see how it does compared to the SX Sleds.  

Glad to see you coming around more.  :bc:

7 minutes ago, mnstang said:

A 1000 is alot bigger motor and heavier.  And it would for sure be slower than a 500 in the trails I ride.

Yup, bigger and heavier,but not a huge amount heavier.

I originally was going to put one in the sled, had the engine, ecu and harness, but it would have been a lot of work to do right.. 

Running carbs, and the same size case made it easier, even then the pipe barely fit between the steering post and plug boots

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That 13RR800 I had set up with gearing and some got with @Tommcat for primary and secondary.  It was outrageous!  A fucking beast.  Engaged at like 5800 and tried to leave you behind.  Total fucking hoot and fun for a while but was just a damn wrestling match for where I rode.  The SX was perfect.  

knabbed 21 rxc this year.  Curious to see how it does compared to the SX Sleds.  

Glad to see you coming around more.  :bc:

:bc:

Edited by krom
  • Like 1