OFFICIAL 2021-22 SLEDDING THREAD

• Gold Member
21 hours ago, XCR INDY said:

Wife and I went out of Shrewsbury (unloaded at the groomer shed) last Sunday morning. We had plans later in the evening, so just went for a few hours. Took trail 4 across to 12 north to Bridgewater. Stopped at Ramunto’s brick and brew, we were early they don’t open until noon. Headed back up 12 to 125 over to S. Woodstock general store. They have inside seating and make an excellent Bfast sammich. Took trail 4 straight back across, made a couple loops in Coolidge state forest. Around 70 miles, all in all trails not bad. Hopefully they will get better this week. 

4DBF93B7-AF60-4E33-AF66-CF85ACCDE29F.jpeg

D1C4AF96-8C61-4C01-A42F-08FB5FA01F8E.jpeg

Nice ! I ride outta Chester sometimes and shoot up to Bridgewater or Killington area and loop around... Vast Map shows a lot of yellow and logging so I figured that area was no good still but that looks decent considering the lack of snow! 

Maybe after this storm ill venture up that way. 👍

• Like 1

• Gold Member
16 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Lookin good! She's a beauty! :bc:

How do you like it?

I like it a lot. I messed up the dial in on the suspension. I reversed the high speed-low speed dampening so I had to set it back to stock and start over.  :lol:

Works nicely tho, no complaints. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Nice ! I ride outta Chester sometimes and shoot up to Bridgewater or Killington area and loop around... Vast Map shows a lot of yellow and logging so I figured that area was no good still but that looks decent considering the lack of snow! 

Maybe after this storm ill venture up that way. 👍

We have done the chester loop a few times. Not bad for close riding. Usually end up eating in Mt Holly

• Like 1

Rode a quick loop yesterday on the windswept prairie.  

Holy shit what a rough ride.  Some soft drifts, tons of rock hard drifts, lots of random dips and whoops from one club's two track groomers, deer up the wazoo.

The second pic, the left side of the drift is a good 9 feet tall, vertical, and hard as a honeymoon pecker.  Low side is around 5 feet.

Every trail around here is done until they are groomed again.

Watched some vintage racing in the shop while working on the Enticer.  Couldn't get Flo to push out to the tele from the tablet.

PXL_20220205_200758990[1].jpg

PXL_20220205_212232388[1].jpg

PXL_20220206_002437923[1].jpg

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Rode a quick loop yesterday on the windswept prairie.  

Holy shit what a rough ride.  Some soft drifts, tons of rock hard drifts, lots of random dips and whoops from one club's two track groomers, deer up the wazoo.

The second pic, the left side of the drift is a good 9 feet tall, vertical, and hard as a honeymoon pecker.  Low side is around 5 feet.

Every trail around here is done until they are groomed again.

Watched some vintage racing in the shop while working on the Enticer.  Couldn't get Flo to push out to the tele from the tablet.

PXL_20220205_200758990[1].jpg

PXL_20220205_212232388[1].jpg

PXL_20220206_002437923[1].jpg

Is that big drift on a groomed trail?

40 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Is that big drift on a groomed trail?

Yessirs!  It is a old rail cut we run on and off of for 5 towns.  This is where it is cut through a small hill with open fields all around it.  A few weeks ago it took two groomers to bust through it.  3 spots on this stretch like this.

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Yessirs!  It is a old rail cut we run on and off of for 5 towns.  This is where it is cut through a small hill with open fields all around it.  A few weeks ago it took two groomers to bust through it.  3 spots on this stretch like this.

A few years back a guy died just west of here on the soo line when he hit a drift that sent him off the trail. It's a bad spot open to the north.

120 miles on the Cat today. Blew the oil line off the top of tank 50 miles from home. I shoved the line back on but it didn’t feel tight. I called a friend, Ed and told him I was 5 minutes from a clubhouse and I was going ride it there. Might need a trailer to come get me.
I pull in the clubhouse and a friend walks up and says “you blew the oil line off right? What do you need?”. 
Wtf? How do you know? Ed called Brad and Brad was here and he told me. I was just going to coming looking for you. He was talking with another guy there. Turns out I know him from a job I did 5 years earlier. He has a cottage 5 minutes away with tools and a new clamp. Fixed me right up.

0FBF72EC-E836-4157-8004-A18638790569.thumb.jpeg.42c0d87b9bed443a026f3e07c8a16503.jpeg

Then I trashed the belt 10 minutes from home.  :roflcrying:

78869072-2F19-43E4-993E-41EAB25C8653.thumb.jpeg.a971ae1f0a873269151a7c60dbbe748f.jpeg

I love my Cat. Makes every ride unpredictable.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/31/2022 at 11:47 AM, EvilBird said:

Went for a rip with my old man yesterday scraped off 120 miles. Clicking rocks all day,  VT needs more snow damnit. 

20220130_124040.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

That Weston General Store?

On 2/2/2022 at 11:24 AM, XCR INDY said:

Wife and I went out of Shrewsbury (unloaded at the groomer shed) last Sunday morning. We had plans later in the evening, so just went for a few hours. Took trail 4 across to 12 north to Bridgewater. Stopped at Ramunto’s brick and brew, we were early they don’t open until noon. Headed back up 12 to 125 over to S. Woodstock general store. They have inside seating and make an excellent Bfast sammich. Took trail 4 straight back across, made a couple loops in Coolidge state forest. Around 70 miles, all in all trails not bad. Hopefully they will get better this week. 

4DBF93B7-AF60-4E33-AF66-CF85ACCDE29F.jpeg

D1C4AF96-8C61-4C01-A42F-08FB5FA01F8E.jpeg

I miss riding in Vt. Always was fun but got silly with all of the rules. FIL was treasurer of Chester club til this year. Retired the post. May try to ride around there again. We used to ride Woodford, Chester, killington area alot.

On 2/2/2022 at 12:48 PM, Kivalo said:

@Jimmy Snacks that's exactly what I've heard locally also. I'm glad I got mine.

On a lighter note last night I got drunk with one eyed man and one legged woman. They are local Farmers in Tug Hill and jokingly call the farm IHOP. That's not even a joke, I really did. :lol:

Then there was this drunk old man who kept asking the bartender chick to play with his stick shift. :lol:

Kinda miss the Old Forge area as well. Great bar scene but a bit scary cause all of the drunks on sleds.

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, s pump said:

I miss riding in Vt. Always was fun but got silly with all of the rules. FIL was treasurer of Chester club til this year. Retired the post. May try to ride around there again. We used to ride Woodford, Chester, killington area alot.

Kinda miss the Old Forge area as well. Great bar scene but a bit scary cause all of the drunks on sleds.

In my experience Tug Hill has a much worse problem with drunks. Although I suppose that's a major problem for all areas.

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

In my experience Tug Hill has a much worse problem with drunks. Although I suppose that's a major problem for all areas.

Yah, I'm kinda rolling Tug into the whole Old Forge, Stillwater area. We used to do February school vacation in Stillwater and inevitably, 1 or 2 guys would crash and kill themselves while we were there. On time, a guy that was staying where we were launched a Polaris off the snow bank into a tree about 20 feet up, kilt him.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, s pump said:

Yah, I'm kinda rolling Tug into the whole Old Forge, Stillwater area. We used to do February school vacation in Stillwater and inevitably, 1 or 2 guys would crash and kill themselves while we were there. On time, a guy that was staying where we were launched a Polaris off the snow bank into a tree about 20 feet up, kilt him.

Yep sounds about right unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Yep sounds about right unfortunately.

My last ride there was on my handed down 71 640 TNT. It had these square 1 inch grawsers bolted on the track that eventually ate through the tunnel and gas tank, leaking all the gas out 30 miles from the Inn. My Dad towed me back on the roads with a 73 Free Air 400 spinning slush and pebbles at me for miles. He didn't realize it for a long time but when he looked back and saw me covered with dirt and slush he almost fell off his sled laughing. I was so fucking pissed but we kept going. Memories.

Edited by s pump
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, s pump said:

My last ride there was on my handed down 71 640 TNT. It had these square 1 inch grawsers bolted on the track that eventually ate through the tunnel and gas tank, leaking all the gas out 30 miles from the Inn. My Dad towed me with a 73 Free Air 400 spinning slush and pebbles at me for miles. He didn't realize it for a long time but when he looked back and saw me covers with dirt and slush he almost fell off his sled laughing. I was so fucking pissed but we kept going. Memories.

:lol:

I started riding on these old Cats and Yammi's. The cats had steel traction bars for lugs and seemed to do ok on the ice and sucked everywhere else. I learned that in order to replace the springs you had to remove the skid on that sled. I also learned that ducktaping a mag light to the bumper bar is not the best replacement for fixing the headlight! :bc:

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, s pump said:

Belmont General Store...at Star Lake. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Buddy dropped his sled off at the shop to thaw out…can’t decide if I like the colors but it seems like a pretty damn nice ride.🤷🏻❄️

BFAB3972-1FB1-4091-8DD1-7AAD58FB1F35.thumb.jpeg.60cc8aa6fbd13dbacf262fc359925432.jpeg

i like the color saw one this weekend.   that seat bags awesome,  i don't even need my tunnel bag with that and the extended glovebox.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i like the color saw one this weekend.   that seat bags awesome,  i don't even need my tunnel bag with that and the extended glovebox.  

I don’t know how it all works but Ski Doo does seem to build a well thought out and put together sled…not sure why I stopped buying them. My 2006 RenegadeX 600 SDI was a great sled.👍🏼❄️

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I don’t know how it all works but Ski Doo does seem to build a well thought out and put together sled…not sure why I stopped buying them. My 2006 RenegadeX 600 SDI was a great sled.👍🏼❄️

the Polaris comes apart easier but once you figure out the puzzle the doos not bad.  Polaris 7S is best in industry but the rest of their accessories are still not where doo is.  it's why you see most Poos with linq adapters.  i'd have bought an SBA if buying new this year though.   love the narrow tunnel seat.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

the Polaris comes apart easier but once you figure out the puzzle the doos not bad.  Polaris 7S is best in industry but the rest of their accessories are still not where doo is.  it's why you see most Poos with linq adapters.  i'd have bought an SBA if buying new this year though.   love the narrow tunnel seat.  

Polaris is pretty slick in that department and I asked a couple times about retrofitting a 7s on my sled.🤣