OFFICIAL 2021-22 SLEDDING THREAD

21 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Now sure why the Cat quiet track would cause the issue you are experiencing.  

13 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Huh?  Are they not the same length, pitch or is the clip configuration vastly different?  From fuzzy memory the rubber nubs that run around the drivers/wheels are cut slightly different to produce less noise and create less harmonic resonance.

Same... 

The quiet drive ramps push the Polaris drive sprockets to the tops of the track drive lugs. Hard torque on the driveshaft causes the sprockets to run over the top of the track drive lugs. It was bad enough on my sled that I almost didn’t stop and it made the track drive off to the left. I didn’t have tools with me to recenter the track. Then, once it took just 1/16”-ish off the top of a few of the drive lugs from the slippage, it now wads that group of lugs up on the drive lugs up onto the sprockets. Track is fine for a Cat, won’t work for a Polaris. I didn’t think it would cause an issue but it did. Even found a thread on HCS where a few guys had the exact same issue as me. One guy machined the centers of his drive sprockets, where the quiet drive ramps ride, down to make it work. I’ll just put the proper track on it. 

8 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

The quiet drive ramps push the Polaris drive sprockets to the tops of the track drive lugs. Hard torque on the driveshaft causes the sprockets to run over the top of the track drive lugs. It was bad enough on my sled that I almost didn’t stop and it made the track drive off to the left. I didn’t have tools with me to recenter the track. Then, once it took just 1/16”-ish off the top of a few of the drive lugs from the slippage, it now wads that group of lugs up on the drive lugs up onto the sprockets. Track is fine for a Cat, won’t work for a Polaris. I didn’t think it would cause an issue but it did. Even found a thread on HCS where a few guys had the exact same issue as me. One guy machined the centers of his drive sprockets, where the quiet drive ramps ride, down to make it work. I’ll just put the proper track on it. 

wow, I did not know or haven't heard of that happening.  wonder if there's a correlation in drive sprockets to match the quiet tracks.  will do some research, because I'm nerdy that way.  how much is a new Rip2 137" these days... $1000 if you can find one?

edit: btw... Ice Attak XT :thumbsup:;) 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

wow, I did not know or haven't heard of that happening.  wonder if there's a correlation in drive sprockets to match the quiet tracks.  will do some research, because I'm nerdy that way.  how much is a new Rip2 137" these days... $1000 if you can find one?

edit: btw... Ice Attak XT :thumbsup:;) 

I was going to dig into that same thing but after spending hours measuring my driveshaft, skid and tunnel for anything that could cause this issue (and not finding a damn thing wrong) and then finding that thread back in the HCS archives from a few years back, I stopped and ordered a track. 

First of all, I was happy to find one. Second of all, I am lucky to have a friend that could get me a deal on one but it still hurt. It will be here Wednesday via Fed Ex. Might be able to go for a ride up by our place again this weekend too. Might cost me that $1000 between diesel fuel in the truck and gas in the sled though. :flush:

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I was going to dig into that same thing but after spending hours measuring my driveshaft, skid and tunnel for anything that could cause this issue (and not finding a damn thing wrong) and then finding that thread back in the HCS archives from a few years back, I stopped and ordered a track. 

First of all, I was happy to find one. Second of all, I am lucky to have a friend that could get me a deal on one but it still hurt. It will be here Wednesday via Fed Ex. Might be able to go for a ride up by our place again this weekend too. Might cost me that $1000 between diesel fuel in the truck and gas in the sled though. :flush:

don't feel bad, I just blew a $1k on a new clutch I fucked up by being impatient the day before the closed our trails.  :bashhead:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Sad 1

On 3/7/2022 at 9:03 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

don't feel bad, I just blew a $1k on a new clutch I fucked up by being impatient the day before the closed our trails.  :bashhead:

New track is in. No more binding. Would love to take it for a rip in the lower this weekend but not sure that’s going to happen. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

New track is in. No more binding. Would love to take it for a rip in the lower this weekend but not sure that’s going to happen. 

Glad you’re back in business and yeah it’s pretty thin around here.😤

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Glad you’re back in business and yeah it’s pretty thin around here.😤

Don’t look that bad. Especially after how the last week has gone, weather wise. Enough to get some testing in but no one wants to play and I’m not real big on taking a test ride, in uncertain conditions, alone. So it looks like it will have to wait. 

3F5A9537-1301-4D57-8180-EE47393D14E5.png

• Platinum Contributing Member
39 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Don’t look that bad. Especially after how the last week has gone, weather wise. Enough to get some testing in but no one wants to play and I’m not real big on taking a test ride, in uncertain conditions, alone. So it looks like it will have to wait. 

3F5A9537-1301-4D57-8180-EE47393D14E5.png

Those depths I’m sure are accurate but I have to believe it’s mostly ice out there…that being said I’m going to try and squeeze in a ride this weekend…most likely hit the Harbor Springs trails.👍🏼❄️🇺🇸

We have a long history of a ass hat cop pulling shit like this on a trail that is not even his property . Went out a bit today and found his new bullshit trail destruction safety hazard 

Local cops won't do shit because hos brother is on that force and he is a pig in another local dept . Un fucking real . At Keats this time it is just snow and not cement again .

All between the diamonds. 

Fyi was groomed last Sunday night 

Screenshot_20220313-172050_Messages.jpg

20220313_133607.jpg

20220313_133303.jpg

20220313_133548.jpg

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

We have a long history of a ass hat cop pulling shit like this on a trail that is not even his property . Went out a bit today and found his new bullshit trail destruction safety hazard 

Local cops won't do shit because hos brother is on that force and he is a pig in another local dept . Un fucking real . At Keats this time it is just snow and not cement again .

20220313_133607.jpg

20220313_133303.jpg

20220313_133548.jpg

Talk to the DNR and Sheriff about it.  We had a similar situation and had to involve them since the city police didn't care.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Talk to the DNR and Sheriff about it.  We had a similar situation and had to involve them since the city police didn't care.

Yeah working on it . Dnr only has voice-mail on weekends .

Best I cam find on dnr site is 125 fine . 

I think we as a club can bill him direct for fixing damage and poss lean his property if he refuses to pay . Have to chat with some lawyer buds . This guy is a real pos or just a typical cop same thing .

I have been nose to nose with this fucker a few times.  The kind of fuck who just stands there wishing you would kick his ass . 

• Like 2

Did a little riding the last 3 days.  Found myself $4.19 premium, so I filled it up.

W/nte out with some other washed up hacks like me on Saturday and re-discovered what I refer to as "Steve-O's Drop", at 80ish mph.  

Probably one more weekend of riding next weekend.  Just not sure where yet.  

PXL_20220311_154457844[1].jpg

PXL_20220311_194248232[1].jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

20220313_133607.jpg

20220313_133303.jpg

20220313_133548.jpg

I'd follow those tracks right to his house and dig up his yard.

Think my season is done, expect it was my last ride on the Assault.  Was super hard to drive by ERX on Friday and see sleds flying in the air and not stop.  Managed a hair under 500mi this weekend though which is a nice end to the season.  Friday night we were out at -27F and Sunday it was 33F.  Quite the swing.  As usual, I didn't stop long enough to even think about pics but remembered right as I was loading up to go home.  

8sX8ZzH.jpg

Love my CKX Carbon Titan.  NO air leaks and wore a faceless balaclava even at -27F.  No fogging either as expected.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

20220313_133607.jpg

20220313_133303.jpg

20220313_133548.jpg

it's a cop pulling that shit? what the fuck is his problem?