OFFICIAL 2021-22 SLEDDING THREAD

4 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Really,  how come? 

Suspension likes to bottom out on moguls and it’s a massive turd after 80 mph. Really inconsistent engine RPM. Not a piece of junk but certainly nowhere near the hype.  Just another nice trail sled tbh, but nothing more. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, ACE said:

Suspension likes to bottom out on moguls and it’s a massive turd after 80 mph. Really inconsistent engine RPM. Not a piece of junk but certainly nowhere near the hype.  Just another nice trail sled tbh, but nothing more. 

I seen some Guy last weekend he was bragging about his doing 118mph across the lake, even showed me the gauge... But then he said he's buddies was a bit slower. Maybe they got some inconsistencies between these engines or tunes. 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I seen some Guy last weekend he was bragging about his doing 118mph across the lake, even showed me the gauge... But then he said he's buddies was a bit slower. Maybe they got some inconsistencies between these engines or tunes. 🤷‍♂️

118 would be around 108. 

lots of guys complaining about poor performance. Some guys saying 850’s are faster top end.  Some guys are claiming they are really fast, but they may be coming off a 600. I don’t know. 

It is quick 0-60 then wides then wave to 80. After that you might want to be letting off soon if you’re racing a t cat 

Edited by ACE
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ACE said:

Disappointing.  I'm glad I didn't buy anything new this year. I heard the big pimping kashima coated shocks on the Lynxs aren't all that....and I'm not on board with all this smart shock bullshit either.  Reminds me of my electric Ohlins Apex.....junk. 

11 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Yeah 108 real mph.  Not bad but not world breaking.  My 14 Freeride clocked about 108.  Maybe 100 real mph.  Thats an off trailer and this is supposed to be a mack daddy?  wtf

23 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

:bc:

20220126_165514.jpg

Man that looks heavenly.  :bc:   Leaving tomorrow for camp and big stahm coming Saturday night-Sunday.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Disappointing.  I'm glad I didn't buy anything new this year. I heard the big pimping kashima coated shocks on the Lynxs aren't all that....and I'm not on board with all this smart shock bullshit either.  Reminds me of my electric Ohlins Apex.....junk. 

Yeah 108 real mph.  Not bad but not world breaking.  My 14 Freeride clocked about 108.  Maybe 100 real mph.  Thats an off trailer and this is supposed to be a mack daddy?  wtf

Man that looks heavenly.  :bc:   Leaving tomorrow for camp and big stahm coming Saturday night-Sunday.

Right on, you old fart! Enjoy!  :bc:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Put 120 miles on today from my driveway. My fuel light was flashing for the last 20 miles but I made it to the house. I couldn’t fit 5 gallons in her sled even with burping the tank. No premium here for mine but I’m sure I’ll need 10.

Overcast day with wind and scattered flurries. Packed our own lunch.

6F9CA7BE-4131-4705-8304-0B600BAB1937.jpeg

61815987-EADC-48B0-90EA-F59AAE8AB7F6.jpeg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, SSFB said:

Riding with Jammin, Drew and Steve this weekend on the North Shore. Cool area, good snow. First time I have been able to ride this season, feels awesome to get out.

ORZZaT4.jpg

You still have the best sled of the group 

16 hours ago, SSFB said:

Lake Superior. North Shore in Minnesota

KoFfMlB.jpg

8xkBCBn.jpg

VFvN8uG.jpg

Behind the ski hill?

Get up north west of tofte 4x the snow from where you are at . Balls deep up there and lots of clear cuts and unmaintaind roads on state and fed land 

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Went for a ride yesterday, was a good day!

IMG_20220128_112454665.jpg

IMG_20220128_141221000.jpg

IMG_20220128_121543979_HDR-EFFECTS.jpg

Is that Barnes Corners? 

I'm going to go north on Tuesday but I'm not sure where yet. My buddy said OF was pretty thin today.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
43 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Is that Barnes Corners? 

I'm going to go north on Tuesday but I'm not sure where yet. My buddy said OF was pretty thin today.

Yep, dropped in Williamstown, had lunch at Tuggers, ripped around a bit..I'm free Tuesday if you want to meet up and go for a ride. 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Yep, dropped in Williamstown, had lunch at Tuggers, ripped around a bit..I'm free Tuesday if you want to meet up and go for a ride. 

That's pretty likely. I want to head north for an extended trip beginning Teusday. I'll DM you tomorrow or Monday.

• Like 1