OFFICIAL 2021-22 SLEDDING THREAD

• Gold Member
12 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

whoops nevermind, I backread some and I see pics of your new sled.. nice! the power is smoother than that 800r carb you had eh ? 

Yes, its really smooth. After the first 100 miles I gotta say this thing is frickin awesome!  Love it!

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Yeah the f lids are for 20 and above . Suck ass in the cold 

Yep, I've ridden with it when its cold before and it sucks. I dont know what I was thinking wearing that.

42 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

F3 dose not have the rear vents like the f4  dose it ?

Screenshot_20220123-205044_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220123-205029_Chrome.jpg

It doesn’t have the “scoop” vents like an F4 but the it moves plenty of air. I bought mine the year the F5’s came out and wished I would have waited. I do have an R3L 509 coming, for trail riding. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

13 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

It doesn’t have the “scoop” vents like an F4 but the it moves plenty of air. I bought mine the year the F5’s came out and wished I would have waited. I do have an R3L 509 coming, for trail riding. 

The f4 is great for warm snow weather and atv type stuff .but when below zero the little cold pad is about as worthless as stuffing a sheet of kleenex on top of your head . It is cool when you are casting a shadow when stoped after ridding hard and you can see the heat pouring out the back vents in your shadow . 

I have 2 of them now 1 for warm weather snow and the old one is the atv/dirt bike lid . 

• Gold Member

Was a brisk one in Island Pond Friday into Sat morning.-23F Bunch of Guys trucks and Sleds with no pull cords wouldn't start.:whistle: I gave my jump pack to a Guy with a brand new Doo and it still wouldnt start. Dont really get why. My old 6.0 Escalade fired up luckily and so did my Sleds. 5 slow pull overs to get things moving then 5 good pulls and they lit off. 

My Wife did awesome for her first real ride. And her new FXR Gear kept her warm she said.  I think I was colder than her lol. Mostly just from my 509 Delta helmet. No good for those temps. Still we did 150 miles.  Sat once it warmed up a little rode into the night. Then a quick ride Sun morning up to the lookout before we had to drive home. Sunday was beautiful +27 degrees or so,  much better. Wanted to stay.  They need more snow but trails were still really good considering that. Didnt get much for pics in the cold. Phone and Garmin GPS both had issues working in those temps Sat even being plugged in. 

20220124_075938.jpg

20220122_090647.jpg

20220122_191605.jpg

20220122_134031.jpg

20220122_191517.jpg

20220123_103507.jpg

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 7

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Was a brisk one in Island Pond Friday into Sat morning.-23F Bunch of Guys trucks and Sleds with no pull cords wouldn't start.:whistle: I gave my jump pack to a Guy with a brand new Doo and it still wouldnt start. Dont really get why. My old 6.0 Escalade fired up luckily and so did my Sleds. 5 slow pull overs to get things moving then 5 good pulls and they lit off. 

My Wife did awesome for her first real ride. And her new FXR Gear kept her warm she said.  I think I was colder than her lol. Mostly just from my 509 Delta helmet. No good for those temps. Still we did 150 miles Sat once it warmed up a little rode into the night. Then a quick ride Sun morning up to the lookout before we had to drive home. Sunday was beautiful +27 degrees or so,  much better. Wanted to stay.  They need more snow but trails were still really good considering that. Didnt get much for pics in the cold. Phone and Garmin GPS both had issues working in those temps Sat even being plugged in. 

20220124_075938.jpg

20220122_090647.jpg

20220122_191605.jpg

20220122_134031.jpg

20220122_191517.jpg

20220123_103507.jpg

Looks like a good time. I had a bunch of friends and family up there last week/weekend , they had one of the bigger log homes rented on 114 in east burke. 

• Like 2

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, XCR INDY said:

Looks like a good time. I had a bunch of friends and family up there last week/weekend , they had one of the bigger log homes rented on 114 in east burke. 

Nice 👍 Rock Garden I think? ....I would of loved to grab one of those to bring the kids up but everything I see there is booked up. :S

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

no thanks,   over zero to start with hopefully teens to 20 for me to choose my Fly CF.  

I have to drive a minimum of 150 miles one way to ride. It’s 165ish miles to my in-laws second home where it’s free to stay. Good UP riding is near double that. We try to chase the snow so sometimes the best riding to be had snow wise is when it’s cold out. I’m not staying home, I’m riding. Might have to get out a little later in the morning that we’d like but it is what it is. I don’t get cold easy anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I have to drive a minimum of 150 miles one way to ride. It’s 165ish miles to my in-laws second home where it’s free to stay. Good UP riding is near double that. We try to chase the snow so sometimes the best riding to be had snow wise is when it’s cold out. I’m not staying home, I’m riding. Might have to get out a little later in the morning that we’d like but it is what it is. I don’t get cold easy anyway. 

i'll ride below zero. i am 250 miles from where i ride.  both my helmets are in the trailer along with extra coat and heavier bibs for when its real cold.  Cold days the BV2S is the go to,   i've actually been running it 90% of the time now.  

On 1/22/2022 at 8:13 PM, Blackstar said:

First ride this year for the wife and I. Small section of trail opened by my house. Couldn’t go far but good enough for her to get a bit of seat time on the new machine.

AE9361A0-BF77-420C-9735-4515CBBCF3E3.thumb.jpeg.22e68c0cad1ffda95ecaec1f127040fe.jpeg

custom wrap? that looks saweeeeet

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

custom wrap? that looks saweeeeet

Ya, she pulled a few pictures off the internet and had a local guy make up the wrap.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

Bibbons?

Yep

On 1/24/2022 at 7:57 AM, XCR INDY said:

Wife and I got back out for over a couple hundred miles this last weekend. Rode out of the Ridgeview motel in Lowville NY again. Trails were good to excellent. 

9040DAC6-ACF4-4986-8475-5A860AB034C2.jpeg

15D7B48F-B018-43BF-8E8C-0363E87C850F.jpeg

How is Ridgeview?

• Gold Member
10 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Yep

How is Ridgeview?

Very accommodating, clean, friendly. The layout of the place seems more secure than others. We will backpack there on sleds over night and have no issues. Also the ride down of the hill there (either way) is faf. 

• Like 1