OFFICIAL 2021-22 SLEDDING THREAD

7 hours ago, Kivalo said:

:lol:

Just put the first 50 clicks on the odometer. What's fucking blast this thing is to ride!! I switched up with my buddy for 5 miles, he has a GSX 900ace. All I can say is :lol: fuck that dog!! My XCR is the cats ass!!! Love this thing so far!!

You are in a whole different class of riding sled.  There's not much to compare in those two.  Welcome to the "sports" side of motorsports.  BTW, if you find yourself frequently lining up with other sleds for a drag race or start to brag about your mileage for the year, you have the wrong sled.  :bc:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

32 below in Jackman ME this morning.  Fuck that.  We went out last week in 15 below weather with a 40 below chill factor.  Thank god for Fireball shots.

Its been cold as fuck here, too. I wore my Klim F4 in below zero temps last night and that was a mistake. 

12 hours ago, Kivalo said:

:lol:

Just put the first 50 clicks on the odometer. What's fucking blast this thing is to ride!! I switched up with my buddy for 5 miles, he has a GSX 900ace. All I can say is :lol: fuck that dog!! My XCR is the cats ass!!! Love this thing so far!!

My son and I saw an XCR like yours on the trail yesterday while we were taking a trail break. We both commented how hawt they look on the snow.........nice looking sled dude. :bc:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

Its been cold as fuck here, too. I wore my Klim F4 in below zero temps last night and that was a mistake. 

Yeah my delicate soft skin doesn't like being exposed to too much of that shit.  :lol:  Just ordered one of these finally.

cf-lg-7723cfb6-c11b-4761-a41e-96dd0983e10e.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah my delicate soft skin doesn't like being exposed to too much of that shit.  :lol:  Just ordered one of these finally.

cf-lg-7723cfb6-c11b-4761-a41e-96dd0983e10e.jpg

I used the bigger model all season in Alaska to text with friends and family back home. Worked well but had some glitches. If you only to communicate in emergency situations or to give a basic check-in to the wife/kids then they work really well. Thankfully I never tested the SOS feature.  :bc:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I used the bigger model all season in Alaska to text with friends and family back home. Worked well but had some glitches. If you only to communicate in emergency situations or to give a basic check-in to the wife/kids then they work really well. Thankfully I never tested the SOS feature.  :bc:

Pretty cool capabilities for sure.  We're out of cell range just on the sleds, camp in town has good cell coverage, so I only got it for emergencies, if we get lost or broke down out in the woods.  Couple years ago, we were close, when my turbo blew up, about 10 miles off the trail system in 4 ft of snow.  :lol: 

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

2022 MXZ 600r 'gade adrenaline with HPG shocks.....

Can anyone tell me if the HPG shocks on that model are rebuildable??

i don't believe so they listed them as HPG shocks believe only the HPG+ are rebuildable.  Doos fucking crazy on their shocks to push the X/XRS sleds.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i don't believe so they listed them as HPG shocks believe only the HPG+ are rebuildable.  Doos fucking crazy on their shocks to push the X/XRS sleds.  

Was reading the other day, some dude who had upgraded the shocks on his Lynx cuz the stock ones were supposedly junk.  OK dude.

• Gold Member
29 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Thanks for the info!  :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member

First ride this year for the wife and I. Small section of trail opened by my house. Couldn’t go far but good enough for her to get a bit of seat time on the new machine.

AE9361A0-BF77-420C-9735-4515CBBCF3E3.thumb.jpeg.22e68c0cad1ffda95ecaec1f127040fe.jpeg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Was reading the other day, some dude who had upgraded the shocks on his Lynx cuz the stock ones were supposedly junk.  OK dude.

those are some of the best shocks ever made,   retard should have had them revalved,  prob too stiff for him as Lynx are meant for cross country riding. I am sure doo took them down a bit from whats sold in scandanavia but not by much.  i had not rode my XRS in harder trail conditions till last weekend(warm and soft the weekend i bought it last year) and i was softening it up  on the compression,  need adjust the front skid shock for more bite next time i have it off the trailer.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

those are some of the best shocks ever made,   retard should have had them revalved,  prob too stiff for him as Lynx are meant for cross country riding. I am sure doo took them down a bit from whats sold in scandanavia but not by much.  i had not rode my XRS in harder trail conditions till last weekend(warm and soft the weekend i bought it last year) and i was softening it up  on the compression,  need adjust the front skid shock for more bite next time i have it off the trailer.  

I'm sorry, but 96% of the guys who spend 3-4 grand on aftermarket suspension are fucking retards, who can't even get the full potential of what it came with stock, or could have been configured to.  I bought those Exits for the rear of my Backcountry from Perm for short money, like a third what Dennis originally paid for them, and they're just alright.  Just figured it was a cheap upgrade for my base model shocks with almost 2k on them.  Thinking I wasted my money lol

• Gold Member

What a difference a decade makes...used to be a time when I'd show up at my house @4am shit faced and half crash my sled into the snowplow bank. Now I show up @midnight sober and capable of driving people home and walking to the bar 2hrs before closing. 

Not sure which version I like better. :bc:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Kivalo said:

What a difference a decade makes...used to be a time when I'd show up at my house @4am shit faced and half crash my sled into the snowplow bank. Now I show up @midnight sober and capable of driving people home and walking to the bar 2hrs before closing. 

Not sure which version I like better. :bc:

whoops nevermind, I backread some and I see pics of your new sled.. nice! the power is smoother than that 800r carb you had eh ? 

Edited by Beavis and Butt-Head

11 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm sorry, but 96% of the guys who spend 3-4 grand on aftermarket suspension are fucking retards, who can't even get the full potential of what it came with stock, or could have been configured to.  I bought those Exits for the rear of my Backcountry from Perm for short money, like a third what Dennis originally paid for them, and they're just alright.  Just figured it was a cheap upgrade for my base model shocks with almost 2k on them.  Thinking I wasted my money lol

3 to 4k yeah dumb but that said when you get in season. Doo they are mostly junk shocks buy the stripper version take the shocks off put on some fox and pull em before you sell and slap em on the next one until they don't fit any more . I find a decent set for a modern sled don't loose that much value few hundred a yr at most .

14 hours ago, Blackstar said:

First ride this year for the wife and I. Small section of trail opened by my house. Couldn’t go far but good enough for her to get a bit of seat time on the new machine.

AE9361A0-BF77-420C-9735-4515CBBCF3E3.thumb.jpeg.22e68c0cad1ffda95ecaec1f127040fe.jpeg

Is that old bus a trail shelter ? 

45 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

3 to 4k yeah dumb but that said when you get in season. Doo they are mostly junk shocks buy the stripper version take the shocks off put on some fox and pull em before you sell and slap em on the next one until they don't fit any more . I find a decent set for a modern sled don't loose that much value few hundred a yr at most .

Thats the plan.  Torn whether I want to keep this sled and get a fresh one next season and keep this one for a spare or friends to ride.  Honestly, its set up as good as any I've owned for me, but I miss my turbo that I put the 1.75 track on.

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Dang, look at that Arctic Doo graphics.  I like it!  :bc: 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 7:10 AM, DriftBusta said:

32 below in Jackman ME this morning.  Fuck that.  We went out last week in 15 below weather with a 40 below chill factor.  Thank god for Fireball shots.

I no longer head up when I see those temps. Really no point in it. 

13 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

They think it will make them better riders. Their body shape is the problem and not the shock. Most sledders you see should be on two ups with the back rest moved forward for a single rider. They ride baggers in the summer and think they can ride sports sleds in the winter. They plant their ass on the seat and just steer,0 body input . I’m sure we have all been stuck behind this typical rider,until it’s safe to pass Of coarse .:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Is that old bus a trail shelter ? 

yep, there is a wood stove in there and bench seats along the sides. There used to be a few of them around but this is the last one left.