OFFICIAL 2021-22 SLEDDING THREAD

I found more of the negetive in riding today, but...

We have been having a big issue with 4-wheelers, SxS's, SxS's on tracks, and the occasional vehicle deciding to tear down our trails this year. 

The first 3 tend to be ice fishing assholes, and the the last one seems to be them too or someone who decides to just go for it, because.

Came across a guy with a tracked SxS tearing up the ditch and our freshly groomed trail today.  Very frustrating.

Another section had a bunch of quads on it.

A third section has had a private field road plowed off by someone to make their lake access easier.  Not to be confused with they own the land or had permission to do that.  

Grrr.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

We have been having a big issue with 4-wheelers, SxS's, SxS's on tracks, and the occasional vehicle deciding to tear down our trails this year. 

The first 3 tend to be ice fishing assholes, and the the last one seems to be them too or someone who decides to just go for it, because.

Came across a guy with a tracked SxS tearing up the ditch and our freshly groomed trail today.  Very frustrating.

A third section has had a private field road plowed off by someone to make their lake access easier.  Not to be confused with they own the land or had permission to do that.  

Grrr.

That’s a HUGE problem in Michigan currently too. Especially the lower peninsula. 

5 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

That’s a HUGE problem in Michigan currently too. Especially the lower peninsula. 

Always a little here but not too bad. If they ever got caught they’re liable to get beat down 

7 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Always a little here but not too bad. If they ever got caught they’re liable to get beat down 

Apparently, one of the local riders got sick of a quad on the trail this weekend, got the guy stopped, ripped his key out and fucking hucked it into a field.

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Apparently, one of the local riders got sick of a quad on the trail this weekend, got the guy stopped, ripped his key out and fucking hucked it into a field.

How the fuck did that solve anything? Now there’s a dead quad on the trail. :lol:

2 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

How the fuck did that solve anything? Now there’s a dead quad on the trail. :lol:

At least it was stationary for the time being.  

Edit: We aren't the only ones.  I'd be the angry groomer operator that would push the pile further in for safety reasons.

image.png.39449f4d1b3c214cbb3c646e0b968cd6.png

Edited by racinfarmer

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

At least it was stationary for the time being.  

Edit: We aren't the only ones.  I'd be the angry groomer operator that would push the pile further in for safety reasons.

image.png.39449f4d1b3c214cbb3c646e0b968cd6.png

Road flare in the window sends a message also 

On 1/9/2022 at 12:13 AM, racinfarmer said:

Grrr.

Wait ....  are you complaining about a land owner using his property? 

Went out today and did just under a 100 miles.  Left camp it was -15f....plus a wind.  Coldest I have ridden in a while.  Had handlebar muffs, two base layers, a heavier mid layer and Klim shell.  Just damn cold with the wind whipping. 

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Went out today and did just under a 100 miles.  Left camp it was -15f....plus a wind.  Coldest I have ridden in a while.  Had handlebar muffs, two base layers, a heavier mid layer and Klim shell.  Just damn cold with the wind whipping. 

Yup, cold all day. Wife and I stayed at the Ridge view in Lowville NY last night -18 this morning.  She’s a trooper, throw on the gauntlets and she’s good to go. Only did 120 miles though, they need more snow. 

B77C185C-B09D-4094-B413-D48D32B1C03A.jpeg

DB27B993-E49C-4D2A-AB8A-2A95FC66DEBF.jpeg

04ACF0D0-6DAB-4639-A26A-299CB41C2FE8.jpeg

C5B3A65D-F3D5-4BBA-BECA-451E2D80FCD9.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XCR INDY said:

Yup, cold all day. Wife and I stayed at the Ridge view in Lowville NY last night -18 this morning.  She’s a trooper, throw on the gauntlets and she’s good to go. Only did 120 miles though, they need more snow. 

B77C185C-B09D-4094-B413-D48D32B1C03A.jpeg

DB27B993-E49C-4D2A-AB8A-2A95FC66DEBF.jpeg

04ACF0D0-6DAB-4639-A26A-299CB41C2FE8.jpeg

C5B3A65D-F3D5-4BBA-BECA-451E2D80FCD9.jpeg

Yeah, need more snow here in NW Maine too.  Looks like we're both getting our wish.  Just warm up to a normal 15 and it should be gloriouse.  :bc: 

• Like 1