OFFICIAL 2021-22 SLEDDING THREAD

10 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Go out and  buy your tekvests . Another bud bit it hard last night with out his vest on . 11 ribs punctured lung . Then still had to ride his ass home to get a ride to ER 

.......or perhaps don't ride like an idiot and you won't need one. :news:

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 10:52 AM, Ez ryder said:

Go out and  buy your tekvests . Another bud bit it hard last night with out his vest on . 11 ribs punctured lung . Then still had to ride his ass home to get a ride to ER 

I was riding without mine for a couple rides, cuz it was warm and just more comfortable.  Then I thought the better of it last week and started wearing it again.  Coming back into town last week after a full day, into a road crossing, big doe comes out of nowhere, and I stuff him straight on.  He bounces off my hood, windshield comes flying off, plastic pieces everywhere.  If I had made contact with my body and that deer it could have gone bad quickly.  Glad I had my vest on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I was riding without mine for a couple rides, cuz it was warm and just more comfortable.  Then I thought the better of it last week and started wearing it again.  Coming back into town last week after a full day, into a road crossing, big doe comes out of nowhere, and I stuff him straight on.  He bounces off my hood, windshield comes flying off, plastic pieces everywhere.  If I had made contact with my body and that deer it could have gone bad quickly.  Glad I had my vest on.

Oh no thought you knew 

Lol

or perhaps don't ride like an idiot and you won't need one. 

On 1/4/2022 at 10:10 PM, awful knawful said:

Picked up a new Mission today.

It was fucking cold last night. Had to have the GMax plugged in and it kept clear but I had a cold spot on my left cheek. 

I'm too fucking old and work too hard to be miserable when I'm supposed to be having fun.

IMG_20220104_140913330.jpg

I got rid of my Oxygen after 3 seasons and bought one of those.  So far so good in 500 miles, and had freezing rain conditions one day so I had to keep it plugged in, but it seems to stay clear normally without the cord which is good.  That flimsy ass visor already snapped off and broke in 2 pieces, just moving it with my hand, not impressed with that part at all.  I haven't been out in really cold weather yet though, so we'll see how it works when that day day comes.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I got rid of my Oxygen after 3 seasons and bought one of those.  So far so good in 500 miles, and had freezing rain conditions one day so I had to keep it plugged in, but it seems to stay clear normally without the cord which is good.  That flimsy ass visor already snapped off and broke in 2 pieces, just moving it with my hand, not impressed with that part at all.  I haven't been out in really cold weather yet though, so we'll see how it works when that day day comes.

So far so good. Only one trip, didn't get heated as they didn't have any. Bud with bv2s had his fog, mine didn't. Nice helmet so far.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Still running BV2S… not sold on the oxygen from what I’m hearing about it 

On 1/6/2022 at 9:52 AM, Ez ryder said:

Crap, sorry.  I had to pick up the pieces of a dude that got wrecked last year without one.  Mine has a monster dent in it.  Not interested in the carnage that can occur without.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

How did you like your oxygen helmet? Did you find it to be overly warm?

5 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

So what happened, besides excessive speed, booze, and driving out of control ?

None of the above .

Came out of the woods at night in to a chisel plowed field that was tilled up the day before it froze so never got smoothed out  . Best guess a arm hit frozen clump got tossed off sled on to a frozen clump of clay . Busted shoulder 11 busted ribs broken finger punctured lung   And covid back home today 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Crap, sorry.  I had to pick up the pieces of a dude that got wrecked last year without one.  Mine has a monster dent in it.  Not interested in the carnage that can occur without.

It was just coming out of ghost road on to airport field in maple plain . Fucker road back to mound after wreck . Went from mound to shelter today not even close to a smooth ride . Had to be fucking unbearable pure adrenaline is only explanation. 

Can believe all the sleds out running today on snert 

9 hours ago, ACE said:

Still running BV2S… not sold on the oxygen from what I’m hearing about it 

Yeah meh...unless they improved it

7 hours ago, ACE said:

Posted my new Mach Z for sale 

I'll give ya 12 grand and my 70s Playboy collection.  End of season pricing you understand.

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

How did you like your oxygen helmet? Did you find it to be overly warm?

I liked it when it worked right, but it started to act up in yr 2 and 3.  Like take 15 minutes to warm up and clear out every morning, so first 15 minutes of the ride I'm fumbling with my 600 plus dollar helmet.  Mine would only stay clear if I had it on 3 bars which was too warm on warm days.  It was useless without the cord which I didn't like.   I liked the light weight and visibility though.  I sold it on ebay for 400 bucks and moved on.

23 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

None of the above .

Came out of the woods at night in to a chisel plowed field that was tilled up the day before it froze so never got smoothed out  . Best guess a arm hit frozen clump got tossed off sled on to a frozen clump of clay . Busted shoulder 11 busted ribs broken finger punctured lung   And covid back home today 

Jesus thats a rough go.

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1