OFFICIAL 2021-22 SLEDDING THREAD

Move this shit out of the CE forum. :bc:

Played hookie and scratched the itch before all the snow is gone again in 10 days. Can’t believe that I nailed the suspension setup on the first try on a new to me sled and zero research. While it’s my trail sled, it did really good on all the two tracks, etc today. Great first ride of the year! Almost wadded the truck/trailer up 3-4 times on the way up there to ride this morning, because of all the black ice, but still worth it! 

7F6F8A58-5E24-439E-A653-561CF74D0FA0.jpeg

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Grayling/Kalkaska area. Snow depth varied wildly. You’d have 6” in one spot and 2’ in the next. All lake effect is why. 

Glad you got out.  Yeah, still a bit thin here right now but, I prepped my gear and gonna toss my truck bed platform thingamajiggy in tomorrow.  It's time for a shakedown run real soon.  

Just now, Zambroski said:

Glad you got out.  Yeah, still a bit thin here right now but, I prepped my gear and gonna toss my truck bed platform thingamajiggy in tomorrow.  It's time for a shakedown run real soon.  

Yeah, glad I got that part of the year out of the way. I had my RMK in the trailer, with full intentions of shaking that thing down too but the Indy was running well enough that I never made it back to the truck until it was time to head home. :bc:

2 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Yeah, glad I got that part of the year out of the way. I had my RMK in the trailer, with full intentions of shaking that thing down too but the Indy was running well enough that I never made it back to the truck until it was time to head home. :bc:

it's because of the arctic cat track

3 hours ago, Original Lummox said:

COULDN'T FIND ANY SLEDDING THREADS SO HERE WE GO

FOUND GROOMED TRAILS 2.5WEEKS AGO HERE NORTH OF THE PEG

May be an image of 3 people, snowmobile and outdoors

May be an image of 1 person and outdoors

May be an image of snowmobile and outdoors

May be an image of outdoors

What size SKS?  Great sled.  I had a 155 and my brother had a 146.  :bc: 

2 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Move this shit out of the CE forum. :bc:

Played hookie and scratched the itch before all the snow is gone again in 10 days. Can’t believe that I nailed the suspension setup on the first try on a new to me sled and zero research. While it’s my trail sled, it did really good on all the two tracks, etc today. Great first ride of the year! Almost wadded the truck/trailer up 3-4 times on the way up there to ride this morning, because of all the black ice, but still worth it! 

7F6F8A58-5E24-439E-A653-561CF74D0FA0.jpeg

You boys are getting  blasted by the look of it.  Good on ya  :bc: 

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's because of the arctic cat track

I love how they call that a “quiet track”. It certainly isn’t any quieter than any other track I’ve ever run. 

6 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

What size SKS?  Great sled.  I had a 155 and my brother had a 146.  :bc: 

You boys are getting  blasted by the look of it.  Good on ya  :bc: 

50’s and rain starting the end of this week. Hell, down by me, it will be in the 60’s for a few days next week. These weather patterns are just fucked anymore. That’s why I skipped out and went yesterday. You almost have to around here anymore. 

• Like 1

• ckf pinned this topic
  • Gold Member
6 minutes ago, ACE said:

11BBC1CF-E6EB-4EAB-95A4-3A640BE65679.jpeg

Been working on my ole' 700 this weekend ...got it back together and running but need to order needle and adjust the floats i think , running pig rich. We got a little snow the other day but not enough to ride and now its gone. 

What year is that Mach Z ? :bc:

20211210_182513.jpg

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Been working on my ole' 700 this weekend ...got it back together and running but need to order needle and adjust the floats i think , running pig rich. We got a little snow the other day but not enough to ride and now its gone. 

What year is that Mach Z ? :bc:

20211210_182513.jpg

It’s a 96

the needle jets on these carbs are notorious for wearing and then the run pig rich. You can compensate by dropping the needles. I’ve had to do lots of them already. Really cleans it up 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ACE said:

It’s a 96

the needle jets on these carbs are notorious for wearing and then the run pig rich. You can compensate by dropping the needles. I’ve had to do lots of them already. Really cleans it up 

Its amazing what a difference a properly jetted carb can make.  I'm glad all the new shit is fuel injected.  I had a CR250 race bike that I sent the motor to Procircuit for a porting job, got it back and was just not impressed compared to stock.  Ended up dropping the needle one clip and going down one size on the main.  Holy fuck balls.  What a difference, fastest bike I had ever ridden after that.

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Its amazing what a difference a properly jetted carb can make.  I'm glad all the new shit is fuel injected.  I had a CR250 race bike that I sent the motor to Procircuit for a porting job, got it back and was just not impressed compared to stock.  Ended up dropping the needle one clip and going down one size on the main.  Holy fuck balls.  What a difference, fastest bike I had ever ridden after that.

Yeah it’s huge. My mock runs crisp as fuck now after playing with the needles. Used to be doggy in the trails until you could find a long enough stretch to clean it out. Not anymore 

I think it’s a lot of the reason people had trouble with spark plugs in these old sleds too. 

• Like 1

Just now, ACE said:

Yeah it’s huge. My mock runs crisp as fuck now after playing with the needles. Used to be doggy in the trails until you could find a long enough stretch to clean it out. Not anymore 

I think it’s a lot of the reason people had trouble with spark plugs in these old sleds too. 

I'm hearing motor noises coming from your mouth as you describe that  :lol:  "eeuuuurrrr......eeuurrrrr......BRRRRRrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppp"

On 12/8/2021 at 6:55 PM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Grayling/Kalkaska area. Snow depth varied wildly. You’d have 6” in one spot and 2’ in the next. All lake effect is why. 

I have never been up in the mitten do you guys get a lot of L.E there or not cold enough ? I would assume so but have no idea