Where do you ride the most?

Where do you ride the most?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. I get my silly face on while riding...

• Lakes/Rivers
    • Fields
    • Ditches
    • Railroad Beds/Roads
    • Off trail
    • Mountains
    • Winding Wooded Trails
    • The Internet

• Crnr2Crnr changed the title to Where do you ride the most?

Personally I like the wooded twisties’…..I do not like riding ice at all, and frankly don’t like the ex-rail beds (too straight and I get bored).

Scenic woods…..that’s my ticket!

Mountains to me would be too much time/work getting unstuck…..and I don’t like going off-trail as I never know what lies beneath…though from time-time I’ll hit some 2-tracks now that I have GPS/won’t get lost

Edited by Enduro900
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, zr800m10 said:

I also said Mountains, but these may not be the same kind of mountains as the treadstarter thinks... these are swedish "fjäll".
And also winding wooded trails.

DSC_1946.thumb.JPG.9e0f67cd513a901958dcbb0a275e34f8.JPG

DSC_2000.thumb.JPG.2b35d04b71758b9018efc52bc84ab9ee.JPGDSC_2025.thumb.JPG.5a7cff69d2167413bfdfd43471951f77.JPG

That looks like a really wide trail.  REALLY WIDE!!! 

Stupid Americans could still manage to find a way to ride off of it and get the trail closed though.

• Haha 1

Could have selected a couple of them depending on snow conditions.  Mostly ride wooded trails and railroad grades/forest roads.  Around home if the trails are not open can ride lakes and rivers but that's boring to me.

Winding trails, but if I want to ride local, it is more ditches and lakes and rail grades then winding woods trails.  Right meow, that is where most of the riding happens.  

Might need to go be a derelict on some local lake this weekend.  

7 hours ago, Legend said:

Days like this you stay fairly close to the trails. Easy to get lost. 

Sounds like he needs some cardio, and possibly a new belt

4 hours ago, Doug said:

Could have selected a couple of them depending on snow conditions.  Mostly ride wooded trails and railroad grades/forest roads.  Around home if the trails are not open can ride lakes and rivers but that's boring to me.

Right, the vast majority in the back yard is woods, but to do a fun loop we're bound to hit a few ditches, fields or RR grades.  The vast majority though is 0-41mph, and quite enjoyable.

2 hours ago, wrinkly balls said:

The internet because it never fucking snows around here any more!!!!:mc:

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

While I have a trail sled and don’t mind to ride them too much, I greatly prefer riding days that make my RMK look like this. 

C0694EF1-EF3F-41A2-83A7-D9EF2F1D7F3A.jpeg

If we had more off trail or forest service roads locally I'd be all about it.  Going slowly and picking  methodically through endless fluff is appealing.  Being realistic in the Midwest you have to have the right group of like minded friends to do that with, like rock climbing.  One of my buddies is primarily an off trail type and has the time to do it.

17 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Right, the vast majority in the back yard is woods, but to do a fun loop we're bound to hit a few ditches, fields or RR grades.  The vast majority though is 0-41mph, and quite enjoyable.

If we had more off trail or forest service roads locally I'd be all about it.  Going slowly and picking  methodically through endless fluff is appealing.  Being realistic in the Midwest you have to have the right group of like minded friends to do that with, like rock climbing.  One of my buddies is primarily an off trail type and has the time to do it.

You live a lot closer to the Keewenaw than I do. Make it happen. 

45 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Thats me. Its over 10k ft. Always run belt a little snug.

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

You live a lot closer to the Keewenaw than I do. Make it happen. 

Can I borrow your Sat phone and Avvy Backpack?  :) 

But seriously, I've been meaning to do a 'on trail' ride from L'Anse to Marquette and back for quite some time now.  If @Not greg b can manage not to fall down again between [insert neighborhood bar/grill here] and home it would be a great ride from L'Anse all the way to the Soo.  @fortune46x would make the ride enjoyable aside from stopping to fill his 2 pint oil cannister and check his squish every 14 miles, when he wasn't bitching about the GD Soo.  :lol:  

Group ride anyone?  

1 hour ago, Legend said:

Thats me. Its over 10k ft. Always run belt a little snug.

10k is heavy breathing territory.  Take a buddy.  :) 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f758295b7fafe70e06

6 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

neighbors front lawn for sure... just given'r!

Yes and by off trail, I mean directly off the groomed trail straight onto marked private property, the snow is always nice and fresh there!:ashamed:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Yes and by off trail, I mean directly off the groomed trail straight onto marked private property, the snow is always nice and fresh there!:ashamed:

they always mark the good places with these signed that have the letters private property - I cant read for shit so I always go to where that sign shows up