23 cats no gray

4 minutes ago, krom said:

So if cats 800, in a "heavy outdated chassis", is faster than the latest and greatest 840 with unmatched durability, whats going to happen when a bigger version comes out in a significantly lighter chassis??

That "heavy outdated chassis" has been crushing poo in XC  FWIW

You forgot "ass dragger"

40 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Of course.  Cat only sold 11.  No one wanted that shit.  Still no one does.  Not even made anymore.  Great motor, lol.

37 minutes ago, krom said:

WTF are you talking about not even made??  800 cat was a big seller again this year.

The 840 was a giant steaming pos again this year, after the what are we up to 4th redesign??

you still jealous because the 800 cat that you claim is slow, beat the pos 840 at the shootout??

seems you're skipping some of your bullshit you should be backing up....

10 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

0 failures on 850s in my riding group and 2 ctecs failed.  You can pull B's one offs but can find no numbers on either to share.  Feel free, you won't like the results

I know the numbers I was told by tech, my rep, and Halvorson. 

It was more than any cat engine in 20 years, but still well below industry norms.  Last season we had the first warranty engine failure at the shop in over 10 years, and have been in the top 5 unit sales every one of those years. 

Edited by krom

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

Unmatched durability.

“terRAyNe DoMiNatShun!!!”

C7626188-9C3F-497E-84D6-57EEEB8F43EF.jpeg

7 hours ago, krom said:

So if cats 800, in a "heavy outdated chassis", is faster than the latest and greatest 840 with unmatched durability, whats going to happen when a bigger version comes out in a significantly lighter chassis??

That "heavy outdated chassis" has been crushing poo in XC  FWIW

Still cracks me up.  I’m on my 5th PC now with the first being a 2013 and the changes is the CHASSIS have been significant every year.

People not worth talking about sleds with at all: those that don’t know what constitutes a “chassis”.  Those that start off talking about “fit and finish” and those that, in any fashion mention “fun factor”.

:lol:

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Krom is BACK

7 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

this thread needs more @Bontz @SayatodaU.P.eh? @Tripleflipper & a side of @Doug

Krommy's rolling... 

It was always funny on HCS, Cat guys post their shit up in open forums….Poo guys used their safe space forums.  I loved it.

A sensitive bunch.

:stirthepot:

51 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It was always funny on HCS, Cat guys post their shit up in open forums….Poo guys used their safe space forums.  I loved it.

A sensitive bunch.

:stirthepot:

Do you want to move all the Matryx is ugly deleted posts to this thread?  

8 hours ago, krom said:

It was more than any cat engine in 20 years, but still well below industry norms.  Last season we had the first warranty engine failure at the shop in over 10 years, and have been in the top 5 unit sales every one of those years. 

LMFAO. What is that, 5 sleds. Most Cat riders have left Cat for Doo or Poo. Ya, I know sales don't count. All sales mean is that the percentage of riders prefer sleds other than Cat. There is a reason for that. 

24 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

LMFAO. What is that, 5 sleds. Most Cat riders have left Cat for Doo or Poo. Ya, I know sales don't count. All sales mean is that the percentage of riders prefer sleds other than Cat. There is a reason for that. 

The pussification of America?

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 11:08 PM, krom said:

So you are saying the engines cat bought from Suzuki were good but now they make their own not so much?

Welcome back, @krom

Count me in as a recovering Cat-aholic.....

Well....maybe if I actually take delivery of a new Polaris I will be.....but, I'm not bitter. 

At least there's not someone in Thief River Falls sniffing primer fumes while putting that superior fit and finish on their sleds:

oep314492_db78c53e120a78768401a18d55f458fe0613f708.jpg

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2021 at 10:08 PM, krom said:

269787027_2064114790436124_9200709942284124212_n.thumb.jpg.691c4af3edbee75facee429618659568.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

Cat 600 and 800 are great.  The 600 dynod higher than skidoo and Polaris.  And the skidoo and Polaris had to build larger engines to compete with cats 800 and still sometimes lose.

It didn't work out so well for Cat did it? 

51+uDT-XJIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

30 minutes ago, Badger** said:

It didn't work out so well for Cat did it? 

51+uDT-XJIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

You commented on motors, I reply easily proving you stupid, then you move the goalposts and talk about a mud drag race.  Nice deflection did you learn that from CNN? 

It looks like those two 600cc machines split wins anyway.

And the cat is cheaper, turns better, looks better, is American made, and wins more.  But whatever makes you feel better Badger.

13 minutes ago, mnstang said:

You commented on motors, I reply easily proving you stupid, then you move the goalposts and talk about a mud drag race.  Nice deflection did you learn that from CNN? 

It looks like those two 600cc machines split wins anyway.

And the cat is cheaper, turns better, looks better, is American made, and wins more.  But whatever makes you feel better Badger.

What do you think powers them in that mud?? Cat looks 12 years old with new stickers and paint. "Split the wins?? look again stang. :lol2:That's like saying the Vikings won a Super Bowl. :whistle: 

Edited by Badger**