23 cats no gray

I mean, every year there's something new so is it a new part or new feature or something bigger.  I didn't mind the grey.  Better than the brown spindles and rails or some of these bright orange sleds.

1 hour ago, wrinkly balls said:

According to arcticinsideher there will be no more gray on the 23 sleds. Also said some cool new stuff coming, About fucking time!!!!!:green:

Pink, and bringing back bogie wheels and leaf springs. 

36 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I mean, every year there's something new so is it a new part or new feature or something bigger.  I didn't mind the grey.  Better than the brown spindles and rails or some of these bright orange sleds.

I may be one of the few that liked the 3rd place bronze when they used it.  :lol: 

Also, the 2000 ZR 8000 Sno Pro with triggers took down the mighty Poo 850 at the shootout, with bronze spindles and skid.  :lmao: 

Screenshot_20211207-113549.png

Never was a big fan of the primer gray.  Painted gray was slick though.  Brown spindles and skid were ass-ugly girl!

Due for a plastics facelift.   Keep the frame.  Do something meaningful for those of us that like performance.  No trinkety, tourist shit.

Hell, just go with the SX plastics design.  I liked that a lot.

6 hours ago, wrinkly balls said:

According to arcticinsideher there will be no more gray on the 23 sleds. Also said some cool new stuff coming, About fucking time!!!!!:green:

They better deliver or I'll be on an XCR 850 137" next year.

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

No trinkety, tourist shit.

How am I gonna find the gas station in Finland from the NSST without a 15" display with GPS navigation and turn by turn directions?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

How am I gonna find the gas station in Finland from the NSST without a 15" display with GPS navigation and turn by turn directions?

A brain.

• Haha 1

Black tunnel, will it be painted or carbon fibre?

Will covid slow down tooling up for all the new stuff?

You guys see the pic of the new gage yet?

How big will the new engine be?

How much will it weigh?

What will the poo croo do when cat comes with a bigger engine, their 840 doesn't run with cats 800

47 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Zambroski's preferred way is by brail.  Just keep hitting shit until you get there.  Beware of any place serving burgers along the way.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, krom said:

Black tunnel, will it be painted or carbon fibre?

Will covid slow down tooling up for all the new stuff?

You guys see the pic of the new gage yet?

How big will the new engine be?

How much will it weigh?

What will the poo croo do when cat comes with a bigger engine, their 840 doesn't run with cats 800

ROFL.  The non-current owning Cat crew will sit back and watch the first year nonsense go to hell in a handbasket like the procross did when it was a new chassis.  The same entertainment will occur with the release of the new engine.   Ctec 1 was bad enough.  Larger will just equal Ctec 16 by year 3.  

After 3 years of failing perhaps it will all be cleaned up and worth owning.  I hope whatever it is, is kickass so in 2026 I can contemplate a Cat again.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

ROFL.  The non-current owning Cat crew will sit back and watch the first year nonsense go to hell in a handbasket like the procross did when it was a new chassis.  The same entertainment will occur with the release of the new engine.   Ctec 1 was bad enough.  Larger will just equal Ctec 16 by year 3.  

After 3 years of failing perhaps it will all be cleaned up and worth owning.  I hope whatever it is, is kickass so in 2026 I can contemplate a Cat again.

What was wrong with the first CTEC release?

The only engine release in the last 20 years that was worse than the 840 poo, is the 800 poo.  (the 900 poo, and its sibling 755 where steaming piles too)

18-19-20 cat 800 combined had fewer failures than any single year of any of the above poo junk..

21 brought the first warranty engine repairs the majority of cat dealers have performed in almost 20 years, but still fewer than the average doo/poo shop has done every year for the last 10

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

You conveniently left out percentages in which case the ctec is way worse than the 840.  Total numbers yes the Polaris failed more but sold 10x as many as well

Do you have any proof to this claim?

• Like 1

percentage wise it wasn't even close to the disaster poo 840..

There where more 2022 840s blown up or recalled before it snowed this year than 21 800 cats with a problem.

More than a few of those sleds had excessive ethanol in the fuel, 15% or higher

Edited by krom

Just now, krom said:

There where more 2022 840s blown up or recalled before it snowed this year than 21 800 cats with a problem

Of course.  Cat only sold 11.  No one wanted that shit.  Still no one does.  Not even made anymore.  Great motor, lol.

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Of course.  Cat only sold 11.  No one wanted that shit.  Still no one does.  Not even made anymore.  Great motor, lol.

WTF are you talking about not even made??  800 cat was a big seller again this year.

The 840 was a giant steaming pos again this year, after the what are we up to 4th redesign??

you still jealous because the 800 cat that you claim is slow, beat the pos 840 at the shootout??

Edited by krom

So if cats 800, in a "heavy outdated chassis", is faster than the latest and greatest 840 with unmatched durability, whats going to happen when a bigger version comes out in a significantly lighter chassis??

That "heavy outdated chassis" has been crushing poo in XC  FWIW