Used Sled prices,wow

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@mnstang @Zambroski @teamgreen02 @racinfarmer

Dying to comment on this one... 

Screenshot_20220112-111650.png

I saw that post.  I sounded like it was running on one cylinder?  Some people were saying it was a clutch rattle?  I wasn't going to start diagnosing someone else's project based on a video from FB.

16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@mnstang @Zambroski @teamgreen02 @racinfarmer

Dying to comment on this one... 

Screenshot_20220112-111650.png

I can’t open it but, I’d bet you could whistle right through one of the jugs and get an echo back from the crank.

Is maybe suggesting a compression test too far fetched?

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Wonder of it is a CC or a SX 2014.  I mean, if it is cheap, I could justify having 5 of them, right?

fairly certain it's an XC

wtf is with the lack of information with these idiots?  if you called... Autozone? and said you needed a coil for a 5.3L GM truck they'd either want your VIN # or some specific info to assist you.  IDK, maybe the entire world has fucking ADD and Covid or poor parenting and education has made it worse.

Der... I gotta snowmobile that bings and bangs and pops, but only on Wednesday below 24 degrees and higher than 18 degrees.  WTF is wrong with it?

I smell a fresh ACTR troll coming... :lol:

29 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

wtf is with the lack of information with these idiots?  if you called... Autozone? and said you needed a coil for a 5.3L GM truck they'd either want your VIN # or some specific info to assist you.  IDK, maybe the entire world has fucking ADD and Covid or poor parenting and education has made it worse.

Der... I gotta snowmobile that bings and bangs and pops, but only on Wednesday below 24 degrees and higher than 18 degrees.  WTF is wrong with it?

it’s your tps report again 

6 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

it’s your tps report again 

It's your TSS

#1 dumbfuck answer on ACTR

closely followed by 

It's your power valves

in the #2 position

and our all time favorite rounding out third place

Snow Trackers

:lmao:

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It's your TSS

#1 dumbfuck answer on ACTR

closely followed by 

It's your power valves

in the #2 position

and our all time favorite rounding out third place

Snow Trackers

:lmao:

You forgot belt deflection 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm wondering if this wasn't the guy I was trying to help the other night, gave up and deleted my posts.

13 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

were-waiting-angry.gif

35 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm busy today

Also going riding in an hour

I laid out the template, why don't you do it?

It's more entertaining commenting on your posts, besides I've been busy trolling on posts on the we ride old sleds group today.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not only are the prices insane but the level of junk being sold is through the roof as well. This sled was just bought with 1400 miles on it from a “well respected” (to people that don’t know them) “race team” that races in and puts on hill drags here in New York. Not pictured are the set screws missing from the clutch weights, incorrect sheave adjuster for the secondary, secondary bolt almost falling out after parking lot time, half of the exhaust springs missing and only the 2 top hood screws holding the hood on. Only 4 of the 10 chaincase tabs were snapped off from being over tightened though..

CF7DE8F8-21D1-4E3C-AF77-BBD6B9C80E03.jpeg

BCC02C4A-00EF-41EA-9218-29D67F39F688.jpeg

F2E18B32-D507-4431-8D0C-56657D2AC12D.jpeg

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Not only are the prices insane but the level of junk being sold is through the roof as well. This sled was just bought with 1400 miles on it from a “well respected” (to people that don’t know them) “race team” that races in and puts on hill drags here in New York. Not pictured are the set screws missing from the clutch weights, incorrect sheave adjuster for the secondary, secondary bolt almost falling out after parking lot time, half of the exhaust springs missing and only the 2 top hood screws holding the hood on. Only 4 of the 10 chaincase tabs were snapped off from being over tightened though..

That was nice of them . Hopefully you called em out on it. Even if it is after the sale  

44 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

That was nice of them . Hopefully you called em out on it. Even if it is after the sale  

I just started my own business working on boats and powersports this year so I think I’m gonna lay low on this one. Normally it would’ve been out for the world to see. One or two things looked over is one thing but this $1000 probably in parts is a little ridiculous.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I guess they use metal shavings for chain case oil in New York 

5 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I guess they use metal shavings for chain case oil in New York 

Something with where we are in earths magnetic field or something scientific like that I think.😂

the “race team” made a picture of this sled their cover photo for their Facebook page last night. Almost posted a couple of transformation pics for them but I refrained.

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

Something with where we are in earths magnetic field or something scientific like that I think.😂

the “race team” made a picture of this sled their cover photo for their Facebook page last night. Almost posted a couple of transformation pics for them but I refrained.

They must not be a very successful race team. 

13 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Sounds like many race sleds and race team maintenance.  Clapped out garbage sold for whatever they can get for them after they’ve been beat on after a couple seasons.  Seriously….I’ve looked at some that just make you cringe….and smile at the same time.

37 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Sounds like many race sleds and race team maintenance.  Clapped out garbage sold for whatever they can get for them after they’ve been beat on after a couple seasons.  Seriously….I’ve looked at some that just make you cringe….and smile at the same time.

These guys are hill drag guys. It’s a 14 or 15 xf 800. Sleds in great shape clutches are brand new I’m guessing because they ran different ones to race. Anything that is fuck upable by hands of man is fucked up though. Luckily he didn’t pay too much for it. He told me it was a hill drag sled and only trail ridden a handful of times, when I pulled the hood off and saw their name on the ecu I knew things weren’t gonna get better from my original once over. We had a lot of issues with these guys when I used to race my buddies mod stock turbo sled so I have a different opinion of them than most. After talking to a few other people It seems a majority of people who have competed with them in the various things they’re involved with all hold them in the same regard though. Maybe crazy Rich’s races aren’t the worst to go to in NY after all 😂

• Like 1

This one isn't a used sled ... still though, this market is asinine.  Some dealership out of WI has several "Snow Check Only" models they're listing for sale.  One's a 850 XCR (136 Cobra) with base display ... they want $18.3K before tax & registration.  The f'ing sled MSRP's for $15.4K.   THREE GRAND MARK UP!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bontz said:

This one isn't a used sled ... still though, this market is asinine.  Some dealership out of WI has several "Snow Check Only" models they're listing for sale.  One's a 850 XCR (136 Cobra) with base display ... they want $18.3K before tax & registration.  The f'ing sled MSRP's for $15.4K.   THREE GRAND MARK UP!!

At least they have a xcr 

• Haha 1