It's that time of the year ... SHOOTOUT!!

Bontz

38 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Stock 

Cat average 90.635

Doo average 92.81

Dealer Prep 

Cat average 91.74

Doo average 88.78

Maybe the Doo caught a good clump of harder mud mid-track. Doo probably weighs a bit less.  Both ran good speeds in 660 but this 'shootout' was basically pointless running on a shit track and not going the standard 1000'

The first stock run for the cat was quick, I'm  thinking a hotdog wrapper blew across the track and trigger the timing lights a little early.xD

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nacapster said:

So Doo's 850 just competed against itself? How about 600s, did they run the 600R against the C-Tec 600? Now that AmSnow is gone which mag does the write up SG?

I heard snow goer sponsored it so I'm guessing they are covering it.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Stock 

Cat average 90.635

Doo average 92.81

Dealer Prep 

Cat average 91.74

Doo average 88.78

Maybe the Doo caught a good clump of harder mud mid-track. Doo probably weighs a bit less.  Both ran good speeds in 660 but this 'shootout' was basically pointless running on a shit track and not going the standard 1000'

Your math is funny.  92.02+91.46 / 2 is more than 90, not 88.78.  Doo was faster on both.

I realize it is shit, pointless and snirt but they were both on the same shit and everyone expected the Doo to jump out and the Cat to real it in but it looks like the opposite happened.  Guess Doo's launch control sucks on dirt, lol.

If it never caught it, it didn't reel it in.  Obviously the tcat will be faster in better conditions.

Anyone with a tcat that cares about racing will have it at ~300hp reliably and easily before it's ridden anyway.  They're just too good.  Can the doo compete at those levels as easily?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Your math is funny.  92.02+91.46 / 2 is more than 90, not 88.78.  Doo was faster on both.

I realize it is shit, pointless and snirt but they were both on the same shit and everyone expected the Doo to jump out and the Cat to real it in but it looks like the opposite happened.  Guess Doo's launch control sucks on dirt, lol.

You are correct sir. DOO SUCKS!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Agree, the entire point of the exercise is for the conditions to be the same and whatever happens, happens. 

9 minutes ago, mnstang said:

If it never caught it, it didn't reel it in.  Obviously the tcat will be faster in better conditions.

Anyone with a tcat that cares about racing will have it at ~300hp reliably and easily before it's ridden anyway.  They're just too good.  Can the doo compete at those levels as easily?

Classic post event response.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I have my reading glasses now.  :lol:

Stk; Cat 90.36 & 90.91 (90.635) vs Doo 91.84 & 93.78 (92.81) 

Dlr Prep; Doo 92.02 & 91.46 (91.74) vs Cat 87.38 & 90.18 (88.78) 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
Shuddup Deephaven I'm going blind - LOL 😂

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

I have my reading glasses now.  :lol:

Stk; Cat 90.36 & 90.91 (90.635) vs Doo 91.84 & 93.78 (92.81) 

Dlr Prep; Cat 92.02 & 91.46 (91.74) vs Doo 87.38 & 90.18 (88.78) 

Look again, this time with better glasses.  The order flips on the chart so you have the Cat/Doo backwards on dlr prep.

• Haha 1

Why even still do dealer prep!  I remember when they used to actually go faster.  Now it's usually slower.

And if they continue dealer prep, they should say what the dealer actually changed.

• Like 1

https://snowgoer.com/news/ny-shootout-results-times-dyno-test-and-more/30053/

Surprised that the cat 600 dynod higher than skidoo, I thought I heard on the internet the skidoo motor was supposed to be next level?  It looks like they traded wins on stock and dealer-slowprep

7 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Same conditions for everyone. 

BTW this doo did much better against the tcat than the prototypes they had in the spring

21 minutes ago, krom said:

The Tcat was first to 60', 330', 500', and 660'.

At 500' the box stock tcat had higher mph than any point on the track, of every pass the doo made

For a sled that's 20 hp off the mark I still say that's pretty impressive.  

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

https://snowgoer.com/news/ny-shootout-results-times-dyno-test-and-more/30053/

Surprised that the cat 600 dynod higher than skidoo, I thought I heard on the internet the skidoo motor was supposed to be next level?  It looks like they traded wins on stock and dealer-slowprep

I'm not surprised . All doos are turds!!!!

7 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Well it wasn't the Cat 600 or 800. Its like cheering about the Doo 850 over the 800 Cat it's a meaningless victory.    

Fuck and you guys talk about wearing glasses fuckin a

Just now, mnstang said:

Fuck and you guys talk about wearing glasses fuckin a

All I said was I was impressed with how the Z ran that's about it. I am far from brad loyal I have owned all brands from the four. Butt hurt stang cuz its showing.:lol2: 

Gotcha Bitch - sound effects - meme soundboard - Voicy Network

5 minutes ago, Badger** said:

All I said was I was impressed with how the Z ran that's about it. I am far from brad loyal I have owned all brands from the four. Butt hurt stang cuz its showing.:lol2: 

Gotcha Bitch - sound effects - meme soundboard - Voicy Network

All I said was how the winning sled was more impressive than the losing sled.