It's that time of the year ... SHOOTOUT!!

Bontz

Interesting that they slowed down after 500'.  Must be that sweet sweet mud.

59 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I got to give it to Doo that's not bad for a under HP sled. 

In the past 30 years there have been some sleds close to the top Arctic Cat.  But this isn't horse shoes.  And Polaris is a hand grenade.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Is that the stuff they do at Haydays that I've watched like 3 times in 15+ years of going there?

Haydays would be a better test than this shitty shoot out. The track is pretty consistent at haydays 

Knowing this shit show of a "Shootout" is nothing but fodder, I still have to shake my head that they can't come up with some level of "standard practices" ... the first one being, "We won't run this if it's 50 degrees and mud!" :lol: It doesn't mean squat, I know, but you'd think after all these years they'd have break-in complete via dyno, same track length models as well as lug length tracks, and at a minimum ... SNOW!!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Interesting that they slowed down after 500'.  Must be that sweet sweet mud.

In the past 30 years there have been some sleds close to the top Arctic Cat.  But this isn't horse shoes.  And Polaris is a hand grenade.

They are all running on the same patch of garbage. Polaris took a pass this year I wonder why??  

8 hours ago, Badger** said:

They are all running on the same patch of garbage. Polaris took a pass this year I wonder why??  

They were the only ones smart enough to not waste there time with this, although smart and Polaris don't go together these days. Or maybe they couldn't get back one of the 5 snow checked sleds they delivered this year.

• Haha 1

A big part of this is the DTR Dyno test 

There should be a Midwest version ran on a snow/ice track in January.  I bet Bikeman would love to do the Dyno test and Joe could lend out the pond.

:lol:

Doo did well actually, will be more interesting in the real world.

32 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

They were the only ones smart enough to not waste there time with this, although smart and Polaris don't go together these days. Or maybe they couldn't get back one of the 5 snow checked sleds they delivered this year.

The poos were at the dealer waiting for there s7 gauges. Without them and a gps they wouldn't be able to find the finish line!!!!:wolfie:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tripleflipper said:

Smart because they knew they would lose?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It’s gotten worse for years.  Less and less consistant and realistic.

May be time to pull the cork.

Like Badger said, and I have also been saying for years, it proves absolutely nothing, except bragging rights for the year, to anyone dumb enough to think that those numbers are gospel.

Like I said to guys in our group, our  racing results during the year will vary.

Anyone remember a few years back when the local doo dealer, after dealer prep, had a sled blow up, and he got so pissed off from the non doo crowd heckling he dropped his drawers and  mooned the crowd ? Priceless.

When we used to attend that shitshow, my favorite part was to watch all the great aftermarket guys  run their high powered, modded stuff, with turbos etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deephaven said:

What's funny to me is the average trap speed of the Doo is higher which is where everyone figured the legs of the Yamaha would help.  Did the Doodoo have launch control?

Stock 

Cat average 90.635

Doo average 92.81

Dealer Prep 

Doo average 91.74

Cat average 88.78

Maybe the Doo caught a good clump of harder mud mid-track. Doo probably weighs a bit less.  Both ran good speeds in 660 but this 'shootout' was basically pointless running on a shit track and not going the standard 1000'

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
I can't see shit