It's that time of the year ... SHOOTOUT!!

Bontz

20 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

heard they're tearing the engines down and rebuilding them in tents on the parking lot at the factory. 

i rEAD iT 0n tHE inTeRWebZ

Actually that sounds like it could be their regular assembly plant

10 hours ago, Bontz said:

I was shocked to see Lake Pepin (which is really just a bigger, wider, area of the Mississippi) frozen over yesterday.  I know it won't last, but definitely means it's close once colder temps settle in for good.  Hopefully, once we get through the warm up next week, everything will change over for good.  Of course they're forecasting a decent storm here in the next couple days (I know, believe it when we see it!) ... and then we're forecast to see mid to upper 40's by next week.  The annual HOLIDAYS THAW just can't be avoided I guess.

They're hiping it up for you.  @Bontz

FB_IMG_1639098977705.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jdsky said:

This is really the only race that has not happened yet and could at least be somewhat interesting.  The eight fiddie's have already been there done that, the poo six fiddy beats the six hundo's and cat will come in last in both six and eight two smokers. 

Cat 8 has already beaten the 840 at the shootout, and in the real world

The doo 900 is way way down on HP, and not sure if arctic adventures can cheat enough to get it ahead, but I'm sure they are trying.

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MnDean said:

It wasn't the shocks at all, it was the non sanctioned light weight racing spindles that they are trying to keep a secret. :lol2:

download.jpeg.jpg

They are spending that much time and $$ to weld up scrap metal, so they can crate a sled?????
Could have had an american company forge or extrude the spindles for less.....

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, krom said:

They are spending that much time and $$ to weld up scrap metal, so they can crate a sled?????

I'm thinking it's so the dealers have to take delivery, which turns into an invoice from Poo for the machine.  Could be wrong, but wouldn't be surprised.

11 hours ago, krom said:

My BIL is VP of sales for a custom parts company in Milwaukee.  Their normal turn around is 3 months for custom projects, they are now at 1 year and he says all of their competitors are in the same situation.  It seems to be every industry these days.

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I heard Polaris is going ALL IN, and they reached out to the one and only NSP RICK!!  Look out - no matter the class, that 600 rocket of his will be setting all the records!!

It should have no problem beating the dealer modified Winder.

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2021 at 8:02 AM, jdsky said:

My BIL is VP of sales for a custom parts company in Milwaukee.  Their normal turn around is 3 months for custom projects, they are now at 1 year and he says all of their competitors are in the same situation.  It seems to be every industry these days.

yep

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Today's the day .... are they running in mud today?  Will the driver be wearing shorts and flip flops?  More importantly, IS RICK THERE YET??!?! :lol2:

Flip Flops?  Crocs man, they'll be wearing crocs

Jesus you guys are slacking

The turbos ran 660' because of sketchy shutdown conditions.

on the Tcat's first pass it ran a lower et than the ski dud did on any of its 4 passes stock and dealer prep.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, mnstang said:

So even with a shorter run and Canada Dew having a launch button it couldn't beat the tcat?

Just think of the devastation in a normal race.

Cat isn’t dead yet.  Somebody is still there convincing Textron that performance IS the AC brand.  Whew…seems like a tough argument in that crowd.