wasting money

Yup, two towns over. So many people got flats and ruined rims, including stuck 18 wheelers, town had to remove that section within a few years.

We are in the sticks. We don’t even have shoulders on the roads to pull over on if broke down. 

Squared off curbing is worst thing ever. Even for parking. Car damage is amazing.

Idiots.

Edited by CFM

it's like we implemented a sidewalks across america program here this year. if there were no sidewalks, or need for them even, they're adding them. if there were already sidewalks, they're tearing them out and putting in new ones.
the one mile section down the street from my shop is a 10 million dollar program, for 1 mile

• Gold Member

Town near me is doing a big complete bridge replacement and sidewalks and what no big $$$. The worst part is the idiot town person paying the company that’s doing the work some how got scammed out of 2.3 million bucks when they went to pay so they had to raise all the taxes in town lol huge cluster fuck. My towns got dirt sidewalks so we’re good 😂 👍 

1 hour ago, Tommcat said:

is anyone elses government wasting millions of dollars putting in sidewalks and big, sharp curbing everywhere across their state, or is that just my idiots?

DUDE!  They've been doing that here PLUS taking lanes away from traffic for bikers...who are seemingly not using them anyway.  :lol: 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

DUDE!  They've been doing that here PLUS taking lanes away from traffic for bikers...who are seemingly not using them anyway.  :lol: 

Did you notice all 2300 new snow emergency route signs they put up in the city of Duluth. Holy crap that's going to be shit show when it snows.

And the new signage only cost $315,000 

8 minutes ago, MnDean said:

Did you notice all 2300 new snow emergency route signs they put up in the city of Duluth. Holy crap that's going to be shit show when it snows.

Oh, it’ll be a total revenue generator when people have nowhere to park and can’t move their cars.   I’m in the heart of the liberal beast temporarily and the weird stuff in these little neighborhoods is…..well, just weird.  They actually have a parking patrol squad that rides around the neighborhood and tickets cars parked the wrong way on the street or, on the wrong side or too close to driveways or signs or crosswalks or…….you name it!

It’s actually pretty amazing that this neighborhood is so sought after in this area.  People love government fascism here like I’ve never seen.

Meh, I’m the one that doesn’t belong here…..I just have to remember that.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MnDean said:

136 dollars a sign. Did that include install?

15 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

136 dollars a sign. Did that include install?

Not specified but, here’s what is really funny.  These “Snow emergency” declarations Weren’t even a thing until last year.  Now, signs dictate we have to have it forever.

You know, Duluth has only recently just started getting snow so, this all makes sense.

Snow emergency variants are forthcoming.

2 hours ago, Tommcat said:

it's like we implemented a sidewalks across america program here this year. if there were no sidewalks, or need for them even, they're adding them. if there were already sidewalks, they're tearing them out and putting in new ones.
the one mile section down the street from my shop is a 10 million dollar program, for 1 mile

Bike lanes :sarcasm1:

See below

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Our city got on a big bike lane kick a few years ago.  They took some main one way two lane thoroughfares and went down to one, and a bike lane.  They also said people weren't supposed to ride their bikes on the fucking sidewalks.  Our daughter and her friends love to go biking all over town and my rule is for her to absofuckinglutely ride ON the goddamn sidewalks.  If a cop gives her a hard time she's to get his name and badge number for me.  In my youth we grew up riding our bikes everywhere, all summer long.  I also did a fair amount of road biking and racing and was nearly hit several times back in the 80's & 90's before every retard and his sister being on their fucking phones while driving. 

Touchy subject with me... :)

8 hours ago, Tommcat said:

is anyone elses government wasting millions of dollars putting in sidewalks and big, sharp curbing everywhere across their state, or is that just my idiots?

My state has been doing that, then plopping down street signs in the dead middle of sidewalks and bike paths because "That is what the DOT book says".  

They also redid the main streets in a couple towns too making wider parking spots and sidewalks then the driving lanes are on the state highway.  12' driving lanes, 16 foot parking area, 14-16 foot sidewalks.  At least we have a great amenities area between the highway and businesses.  

8 hours ago, Tommcat said:

Oh yeah and the bike paths . Endless bike paths . And not just new bike paths oh no we need to shrink 2 lane streets with parking to 1 ways no parking and bike lanes larger than a fucking car lane . Not sure why they put up street signs no fuck head in stretchy pants think they have to pay attention to them any way

Next town over has put "bump outs" on some of their main streets.  Now, the city's fire trucks struggle to make the corners.  In the winter, the cars parked along the streets have to drive up on basically a curb of ice and park on top of it, because the snow plows can't get into the indented areas where the cars park.

613fa0eb27d6e.image.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

We're actually using covid funding for all this shit, is that the case with everyone else?

Not sure how new curbs cure covid, but wtf do i know

Minn got a pile if covid cash to pay fr line works a bouns . Well we are over 1.5 yrs past when they got the money and they still have not figured out how to give it to the gr line workers . Ie they already pissed it away on some other worthless bullshit like bikes to park on the street so people can just grab one to go where they want. 

31 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

We're actually using covid funding for all this shit, is that the case with everyone else?

Not sure how new curbs cure covid, but wtf do i know

Ours are using the covid money for more homeless importing and “affordable housing initiatives”.  Seriously….and they are proud to say so.

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

They did a trial in one of the small towns here around Mille Lacs this summer. Adjusted the lanes of the highway and put bike lanes between the parking and sidewalk, definitely a cluster F.

FB_IMG_1638450243435.jpg

They put those plastic pole things up on a road to divide lanes by my wife’s parents house few years back. The second I saw them going up I said that’s a stupid idea sure enough winter comes the plow and cars took out probably 60% of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Minn got a pile if covid cash to pay fr line works a bouns . Well we are over 1.5 yrs past when they got the money and they still have not figured out how to give it to the gr line workers . Ie they already pissed it away on some other worthless bullshit like bikes to park on the street so people can just grab one to go where they want. 

Our town of 5xxx or so people got upwards of $360k.  NONE of it went to small businesses.  NONE!  They tried to put stupid curb shit in until the citizens all bitched and said upgrade streets and gutters instead of trying to figure out stupid ways to spend what's left.  Just shy of $50k went to administrative costs.  However, they did create 6 new volunteer fire positions and my son got one of them.  

Take a drive around down town Rochester if you want to see some wasted money on streets!!!

taking out four lane streets to put in bike lanes that maybe 6 bikes use!!

They do realize it’s winter around here 6 months of the year that you see no bikes!!then they put in these fancy center divided streets with lefty turn lanes that one car fits in then rest of cars block traffic lanes!!then there’s the fancy plans and flowers in center lanes that die every year from salt and they have to replant yearly!!

Of course have to have sprinkler systems in said lane for plants that needs yearly servicing!!can’t wait till we have a real Minnesota winter and see how they are going to clear streets!!

oh and yes covid money being spent like crazy on all this shit because there is not really a covid problem!!

On 12/1/2021 at 11:02 AM, Tommcat said:

Don,t forget to send a warning out to f7bent, just in case he ever gets a sled again.