any of you cannucks remember mercury pick up trucks?

12 minutes ago, ACE said:

My grandpa had one with a flat head. My brother has it now 

That's what is in my bud's sons truck. A flat head 8, which I think he said was brand new?

It looks identical to the engine that is in this article. 

https://www.oldcarsweekly.com/features/car-of-the-week-1947-mercury-m-47-pickup

Edited by irv

14 hours ago, irv said:

My Dad had a 64 and my buddies son just purchased this 47.

Mercury 64.jpeg

V__C3E6.jpeg

I have to dig up an old picture I have of my uncles standing in front of one their 64 Fords, back when it was almost new.  Not quite as fancy as the one pictured, but still mint.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 11/30/2021 at 5:14 PM, steve from amherst said:

Ive never seen one before

mercury pu.jpg

Those pics have been making their way around the Facebook groups. It’s a beauty of a truck. Love that big Mercury across the gate.

There is a ‘68 3/4 ton near me that’s been sitting for close to 20 years now. The owner has a garage and remember when he bought it. It was someone’s abandoned project. Drive train was in it, all paint work done, no glass or interior. Motor was missing all accessories. He finished in a couple years. Drove it to rental property he owns and parked under a tree. It’s still there.I asked him to sell it 2 me a couple times, so did a buddy of mine. He says “buy it off my daughter when I’m dead.” He must be close to 80 now. Maybe he will budge. I need to go have another look at and give him a call. Stories around the community say he has old auto stuff stored in his barn  on his farm. 427 side oilers, CJ motors, late 60’s Torino stuff, some complete cars.

There will always be barnfinds I guess.

On 11/30/2021 at 5:11 PM, toslow said:

Wondering if it has a 460 in it?

When I was a kid we had a god awful looking yellow Ford Econoline van that we would take out west pulling a heavy homemade 8 place sled trailer (loaded from the side.)  That 460 had some grunt.  Pretty sure the one trip we finagled 9 sleds on it.  Sleds were a bit lighter on average then (1984) but still a lot of weight with the heavy steel trailer. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Those pics have been making their way around the Facebook groups. It’s a beauty of a truck. Love that big Mercury across the gate.

There is a ‘68 3/4 ton near me that’s been sitting for close to 20 years now. The owner has a garage and remember when he bought it. It was someone’s abandoned project. Drive train was in it, all paint work done, no glass or interior. Motor was missing all accessories. He finished in a couple years. Drove it to rental property he owns and parked under a tree. It’s still there.I asked him to sell it 2 me a couple times, so did a buddy of mine. He says “buy it off my daughter when I’m dead.” He must be close to 80 now. Maybe he will budge. I need to go have another look at and give him a call. Stories around the community say he has old auto stuff stored in his barn  on his farm. 427 side oilers, CJ motors, late 60’s Torino stuff, some complete cars.

That's where I saw it  FB group called blue oval. Obviously an all Ford site.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2021 at 12:14 PM, Blackstar said:

Stopped in to check on the old girl. She’s sinking into the ground.

There are a couple convertibles sitting that garage. He’s a hoarder.

6F2B223B-7E3D-429E-8385-5D91EF77F591.thumb.jpeg.2cfb13f33e1fee7d03cb65fe3b740a4c.jpeg

• Like 1

• Gold Member
29 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Stopped in to check on the old girl. She’s sinking into the ground.

There are a couple convertibles sitting that garage. He’s a hoarder.

6F2B223B-7E3D-429E-8385-5D91EF77F591.thumb.jpeg.2cfb13f33e1fee7d03cb65fe3b740a4c.jpeg

Looks pretty solid and like it’s been sitting there a long time