"Never have to worry about gas prices again"

OMG, are people this dumb to believe this shit?

https://news.yahoo.com/buttigieg-families-buy-electric-vehicles-130105449.html

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg stressed in a new interview that families who buy electric vehicles (EVs) "never have to worry about gas prices again."

While speaking on MSNBC's "The Sunday Show With Jonathan Capehart," Buttigieg noted that Democrats' proposed social spending package includes incentives to make it more affordable to buy an electric vehicle.

• Platinum Contributing Member

The spokesperson of GM was introducing a new EV when a reporter asked where the electricity to charge it came from and she said the building behind her.   Later the a board member of the utilities company also at the introduction said that 95% of their output was from coal and it would be for a long time into the future before renewables were a significant portion.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 3

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, hayward said:

What's a new Tesla cost?  I'm seeing these all over the area more and more in the last 4-6 months.  Evidently they have no trouble getting parts to build em is what i'm thinking.

Government will be paying 12.5k for those ev’s so it’s all good 

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You idiots sound like horse owners when autos started coming out.

You’re that old ? Holy fuk ! No wonder !

Edited by CFM
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, hayward said:

What's a new Tesla cost?  I'm seeing these all over the area more and more in the last 4-6 months.  Evidently they have no trouble getting parts to build em is what i'm thinking.

2nd most unreliable car manufacturer. Anyone tell us that ? Lol

I’m installing a 12kw solar array  on my plow barm when I build my retirement residence this summer. This will power and heat my modest 1000sq ft home and charge a Tesla Model 3 with 265 mile range. Cost is $180 a month fixed for 20 years and I’m self dependent. Gas will only be needed for toys and diesel for my tractor and diesel pickup that would be used only when really needed. 

17 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You idiots sound like horse owners when autos started coming out.

Give it a break the BBB plan includes billions for solar power.

the BBB plan sucks donkey dick and is a boondoggle for special interest.  SMH but you always loved that when teddy was getting it for MA at the expense of the rest of the country so not surprised you love it now.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Phenom said:

I’m installing a 12kw solar array  on my plow barm when I build my retirement residence this summer. This will power and heat my modest 1000sq ft home and charge a Tesla Model 3 with 265 mile range. Cost is $180 a month fixed for 20 years and I’m self dependent. Gas will only be needed for toys and diesel for my tractor and diesel pickup that would be used only when really needed. 

you don't have enough to think about all day, do ya?

Yes I do think about my retirement very seriously…only a fool wouldn’t. If I live as long as my dad who was quite fit all his life and died two years after his first real health issue, a stroke, I’ve got 15 years left. I want to make those 15 as good as possible. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Diesel truck and tractor.  GREEN all the way.  LOL.

55 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the BBB plan sucks donkey dick and is a boondoggle for special interest.  SMH but you always loved that when teddy was getting it for MA at the expense of the rest of the country so not surprised you love it now.  

Good jobs….but you know this.

i'm still waiting for obama's infrastructure plan to kick in. shovel ready my ass. my friend's do bridge repairs. under what little his plan did they were stalled by red tape and never fixed the bridge they were on. bbb holds nothing but debt , amnesty for illegals, and more green new deal shit. anyone really think aoc is that savvy? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

What was the new EV auto that was on the news recently, said it costs less than 1/2 of a Telsa and can run 400 miles between charges.

I’m all ears. 

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Diesel truck and tractor.  GREEN all the way.  LOL.

Green is nice, but not my stated priority. Being self sufficient energy wise and not being susceptible to energy industry and fuel companies price gouging is paramount. Personal Solar is very feasible to accomplish that. Drilling my own oil well and building a refinery in northern Wisconsin isn’t. 

1 minute ago, Phenom said:

I’m all ears. 

Green is nice, but not my stated priority. Being self sufficient energy wise and not being susceptible to energy industry and fuel companies price gouging is paramount. Personal Solar is very feasible to accomplish that. Drilling my own oil well and building a refinery in northern Wisconsin isn’t. 

Was a week or 2 ago on the News.

• Thanks 1