Snowblowers

Just realized I haven't fired up the snowblower yet which is an annual 6am Thanksgiving morning tradition.

I honestly find moving and removing snow a peaceful and fulfilling endeavor.  Bonus being, snow ❄️ to ride.

Who's ready for winter?  :)

IMG_20211129_180011805.jpg

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Fired mine up yesterday as a matter of fact.  Ariens started on the first pull and purred like a kitten. 

Ariens for the fucking win. 

I had enough slush to toss around yesterday. So, I went out to the barn and realized that my bil’s fancy new Husky is sitting there while he’s building his new house and ran out of room to store it. So I thought, ah, I’ll see how this fancy bitch works. Yeah. Made one pass and went back to the barn for my Ariens. 

• Gold Member

I really enjoy snow blowing I don’t know why I just find it really fun 😂. I showed my son how to clean the carb and check over the ariens back up blower I have last weekend so that’s ready to go. I haven’t put the blower on my old jd yet but it’s on the list for this upcoming weekend. Bring on the snow 👍.

658B7EF3-0BC2-4054-AB3E-1BEAEB985E72.png

• Like 2

Word to the wise, tan into 3 different older ariens walk behind blowers last year that gas cap vents broke. Why 3 out if the tgree I know did this same winter ? Who knows. Engine starts to lose power and then fie. You can’t restart for a while. Try loosening cap a bunch and if sympttoms go away, you found your issue.

Obviously this can happen to any manufacturers gas powered anything. So put it in back if your head.

I don’t enjoy blowing snow all that much but i like throwing snow away from the drive and house vs using a plow and building walls thst build up and can hold water as it melts during spring or etc.

Edited by CFM

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Ariens for the fucking win. 

I had enough slush to toss around yesterday. So, I went out to the barn and realized that my bil’s fancy new Husky is sitting there while he’s building his new house and ran out of room to store it. So I thought, ah, I’ll see how this fancy bitch works. Yeah. Made one pass and went back to the barn for my Ariens. 

Yep.  We’ve all tried other brands and end up back where we belong.  I see. I reason to buy anything other than Ariens.

I repo’d my Ariens off someone that owed me money for s long tine and kept making promises. 15 yrs ago ? 18 ? Went to his ‘house’ for a ‘promised I have the money come over’ and well he didn’t. 
He’s out snowblowing his driveway so I go take the snowblower and a bunch of other stuff outside his ‘house’ and that was the end if that. I’d rather the cash, but wtf  people ? Atkeast snow blowing produces better results than plowibg my drive. 

Edited by CFM

2 hours ago, CFM said:

Word to the wise, tan into 3 different older ariens walk behind blowers last year that gas cap vents broke. Why 3 out if the tgree I know did this same winter ? Who knows. Engine starts to lose power and then fie. You can’t restart for a while. Try loosening cap a bunch and if sympttoms go away, you found your issue.

Obviously this can happen to any manufacturers gas powered anything. So put it in back if your head.

I don’t enjoy blowing snow all that much but i like throwing snow away from the drive and house vs using a plow and building walls thst build up and can hold water as it melts during spring or etc.

41 minutes ago, CFM said:

I repo’d my Ariens off someone that owed me money for s long tine and kept making promises. 15 yrs ago ? 18 ? Went to his ‘house’ for a ‘promised I have the money come over’ and well he didn’t. 
He’s out snowblowing his driveway so I go take the snowblower and a bunch of other stuff outside his ‘house’ and that was the end if that. I’d rather the cash, but wtf  people ? Atkeast snow blowing produces better results than plowibg my drive. 

Yo @ckf  - OTB - I think a Nigerian hacker may have got into CFM's account. :lol:

this is also why I feel anything connected to the internet should have a breathalyzer attached to it. 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Lol. My fingers snd cell phones don’t work to well. My fingers oush multiple buttons. If you see my typing like thst it is button right next to the vorrect ine snd i didn’t go bsck anf fix. Cell ohone typing dux. Voice to text eith my voice cones out worse. Lol.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CFM said:

Lol. My fingers snd cell phones don’t work to well. My fingers oush multiple buttons. If you see my typing like thst it is button right next to the vorrect ine snd i didn’t go bsck anf fix. Cell ohone typing dux. Voice to text eith my voice cones out worse. Lol.

:lol:

it's worse than I first imagined, ban this one for life!!!

1471339888-phone-smash-gif.gif?resize=32

• Thanks 1

Sucks having to edit so much per post. Using PC during parts of day at work when in office is great. No issues with a normal keyboard. 

Okay, enough with hijack posts. Back to snowblowers.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CFM said:

Sucks having to edit so much per post. Using PC during parts of day at work when in office is great. No issues with a normal keyboard. 

Okay, enough with hijack posts. Back to snowblowers.

Thanks for playing.  :)

Ariens ftw 

was going to start it until the neighbor called to help unload 137lbs of fresh cut pork and a case of beer. 

IMG_20211129_222423986.jpg

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

11 hours ago, tnts4me said:

Yep Ariens or grab a shovel.

Why is the Ariens better ? I,ve used my nephews Honda, and I love how far they throw the snow. 

My Kubota front mount works awesome for me. I wished I had 20 driveways to blow out after each snowfall.

13 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Get a shitload of wind all winter so blowing snow was never fun.  Making piles with this has always been more fun......

20150921_161608.thumb.jpg.2c4f7a2aabada3cf9e5cfd2104f549d3.jpg

I see plowing as a necessity for a large area but, for me at least, I enjoy sculpting around my drive and house with a blower.  I’m pretty anal when it comes to my little winter wonderland and I want it just so!

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Why is the Ariens better ? I,ve used my nephews Honda, and I love how far they throw the snow. 

My Kubota front mount works awesome for me. I wished I had 20 driveways to blow out after each snowfall.

I've used Honda snowblowers for years. The throw the snow very well and start on the 1st or second pull every time.

• Like 1

I think the Hondas are the only ones that can really compare well to the Ariens. None of the rest seem to work as well. I had one from Sears for years that I thought was decent, until it died, and I got an Ariens. Night and day better.

Bolens, Toro and the others don't seem to hold up well at all. 

1 hour ago, Catalina said:

I think the Hondas are the only ones that can really compare well to the Ariens. None of the rest seem to work as well. I had one from Sears for years that I thought was decent, until it died, and I got an Ariens. Night and day better.

Bolens, Toro and the others don't seem to hold up well at all. 

I've heard that too but, sure aren't a lot around.

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I've heard that too but, sure aren't a lot around.

I know the year Rob tried to find one 5 or 6 years ago the Honda's were tough to get. When I got mine I had to settle for wheels when I wanted tracks. Maybe they don't produce a lot for North America? I hear that the Yamahas are good too, but are only sold in Canada in North America.