Snowblowers

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Ariens and Honda are awesome, but probably 2-3X the price of regular brands. Kinda depends how many times you wanna spend 1K. Is it 1K every 3 years for a cheap one, or 3K, once. LOL

My Ariens 28 SHO was $1200 in 2018

Should last us at least 20 years, longer if the planet continues to warm.  :lol:   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Ariens and Honda are awesome, but probably 2-3X the price of regular brands. Kinda depends how many times you wanna spend 1K. Is it 1K every 3 years for a cheap one, or 3K, once. LOL

Yeah, I think most have been down that road too.  "Hell, I can get a new one every other year 3 times for the price of that one!'  MHM....a true, "you get what you pay for" and a solid "what did you learn?" moment.

Funny, chainsaws work the same way.  :lmao:

5 hours ago, ckf said:

I know the year Rob tried to find one 5 or 6 years ago the Honda's were tough to get. When I got mine I had to settle for wheels when I wanted tracks. Maybe they don't produce a lot for North America? I hear that the Yamahas are good too, but are only sold in Canada in North America.

Whew...not sure I've ever even seen a Yamaha and the Hondas are rare.

• Like 1

my ariens is from the 70s . what a tank. i threw away the piece of shit tecumseh and installed a briggs intek pro overhead valve engine. starts easy, lots of power , good on fuel. i can still feel my fingers hurting from the tecumseh ripping the pull handle through them when it snaps back. great snowblower

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

I was gonna buy a new Ariens last year when my Toro died but then I found this older Simplicity locally for cheap on CL .. Throws the snow pretty damn far. Its got the electric start/extension cord option but usually takes only 2 pulls with the Briggs intek. Im ready I love snowblowing 😂

20210128_133021.jpg

• Like 4

Yep its time to get the snow removal equipment ready. I was up at the cabin last Sunday and it was good to see the lake frozen and some white stuff on the driveway.

Gate to north shore was open, but didn't see any tracks..lol

20211128_113019.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 4:08 PM, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I think most have been down that road too.  "Hell, I can get a new one every other year 3 times for the price of that one!'  MHM....a true, "you get what you pay for" and a solid "what did you learn?" moment.

I have never Paid for a snow blower in my life.  I run across a hand full every yr that ",won't start " if a good customer I will make it start for a few bucks if a random I will "take it to the dump" for a few bucks for them if nice enough and clean the carb  and use or crsigslist . I have 3 in the garage right now waiting on a first snow to list . Fuckers in my parts thunk a 2 or 3 yr old blower that won't start is just junk lol

I did order  a poly power turn plow for the new rzr at hay days but mount has been on back order so who knows if I will get it by winter 

Edited by Ez ryder

On 11/30/2021 at 10:47 AM, Frostynuts said:

Toro is right there also. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Toro is right there also. 

I read that too.  Good ratings on consumer reports also.  I thought that joystick thing to control the chute was nice.  Then I bought one.  It cracked the first winter…then broke soon after.  Not to fear though, a new one was available fo only $90 and putting it on was a simple as a half days work!  Which I did…then craiglisted it.  Also, went through three shear pins on the Toro.  Back to Ariens….where I’ll now stay.

Still, the Toro was a nice piece when it worked.  Very light and nimble.  I think for lower snow/shorter winter areas, it’d work well.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I read that too.  Good ratings on consumer reports also.  I thought that joystick thing to control the chute was nice.  Then I bought one.  It cracked the first winter…then broke soon after.  Not to fear though, a new one was available fo only $90 and putting it on was a simple as a half days work!  Which I did…then craiglisted it.  Also, went through three shear pins on the Toro.  Back to Ariens….where I’ll now stay.

Still, the Toro was a nice piece when it worked.  Very light and nimble.  I think for lower snow/shorter winter areas, it’d work well.

You can't stroke that thing like you're pounding your pud. :lmao:I've had a Toro 826 LE w/quick stick and the good old Tecumseh engine for 18 years and everything is original and purring along just fine.

Shear pin? Stop trying to gobble up the fire hydrant. :lmao::bc:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Catalina said:

Did you know that you can turn a dishwasher into a snowthrower?

Give her a shovel    :wacko:

Why do women have smaller feet than men? 

To stand closer to the stove, sink and washing machine. 

• Haha 1

I normally plow snow, with my backup/secondary method being my ariens 36".  Ariens has a busted rope currently and last winter the auger differential blew up which was great.  So I don't think they're too special.

I hate clearing snow, except when I am using my Dad's tractor.  Toasty cab makes it nice 

IMG_0187.JPG

Edited by mnstang
  • Like 3

On 11/30/2021 at 4:08 PM, Zambroski said:

I'll never buy a cheap chainsaw or string trimmer again.  Did that once.  I don't care if they're free I don't have time to mess around with junk.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I'll never buy a cheap chainsaw or string trimmer again.  Did that once.  I don't care if they're free I don't have time to mess around with junk.

Milwaukee cordless string trimmer.  Love mine.

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I normally plow snow, with my backup/secondary method being my ariens 36".  Ariens has a busted rope currently and last winter the auger differential blew up which was great.  So I don't think they're too special.

I hate clearing snow, except when I am using my Dad's tractor.  Toasty cab makes it nice 

IMG_0187.JPG

Is that a old 855 955?

29 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I've heard lots of good on those and will probably have one some day when my Stihl Kombi dies but that won't be anytime soon hopefully. 

26 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Is that a old 855 955?

955.  My Dad bought it new in 1997.  I remember going to the JD dealer for it, they had a 98 ZL 500 on the floor I wanted so bad and I thought I could convince him to buy that too.  Nope, stuck with the Jag.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

955.  My Dad bought it new in 1997.  I remember going to the JD dealer for it, they had a 98 ZL 500 on the floor I wanted so bad and I thought I could convince him to buy that too.  Nope, stuck with the Jag.

Jealous I’d love one of them with loader and hoe. Pretty cool he’s owned it all this time too 👍 

friend had a zl500 in high school I use to think that thing was so fast but I was also on a 380 lol

33 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I use my trimmer alot with a brush blade to clear trails I don't think an electric would hold up or last