CNN host Chris Cuomo used his media sources to find out info on brother Andrew’s accusers, records show

• Platinum Contributing Member

:news:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/29/cnn-host-chris-cuomo-used-sources-to-find-info-on-andrew-cuomo-accusers-records.html?&qsearchterm=cuomo

CNN host Chris Cuomo used his sources in the media world to seek information on women who accused his brother Andrew Cuomo, then the governor of New York, of sexual harassment, according to documents released Monday by the New York Attorney General’s Office.

While Chris Cuomo has previously acknowledged advising his brother and his team on the response to the scandals, the records show that his role in helping the then-governor was much larger and more intimate than previously known.

Chris Cuomo was actively in touch with Melissa DeRosa, who was the then-governor’s top aide, about incoming media reports that detailed alleged sexual harassment by Andrew Cuomo, according to exhibits from the Attorney General’s probe and a transcript of his interview with the state’s investigators. He also lobbied to help the governor’s office as it sought to weather the storm of accusations, and he dictated statements for the then-governor to use.

“Please let me help with the prep,” Chris Cuomo said to DeRosa in one message in early March. Then, three days after the New York Times reported in March about how Andrew Cuomo attempted to kiss a woman, Anna Ruch, in an unwanted advance at a wedding, Chris Cuomo texted DeRosa: “I have a lead on the wedding girl.

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

With the new owner at CNN if I were Chris I would not bother picking out new curtains for his office.

Hopefully you're right.

• Like 1

"ratings collapsing over 50% in the last year with fears they may be suffering from a credibility gap"  LOL ya think?

Just like Pampers, I bet they really do secretly wish Trump was still president  :lol: 

5 hours ago, Skidooski said:

"ratings collapsing over 50% in the last year with fears they may be suffering from a credibility gap"  LOL ya think?

Just like Pampers, I bet they really do secretly wish Trump was still president  :lol: 

Yah.....ya think?!  :lol:  Love it....hope they go straight out of business.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Phenom said:

Isn’t Chris Cuomo a private person. He can ask around same as you or I…unless your into censoring private lives including your own. 

You are correct, he has every right to do that however, he claimed on air he was not using his journalist resources to help his brother.  Hard to say people should believe your "journalism" when you flat out lie to them on air.   

Cuomo's admission contradicts what he told CNN viewers in August when he claimed, "I never made calls to the press about my brother's situation."

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, toslow said:

They need to suspend the whole fucken channel 

Yeh, but good they stay , as painful as it is, to see how this group of people think/act/ do things. 

Amazing it was my go to channel for tons of years, and then trump cones around, and cnn turns into blatant liars. Crazy.

• Like 1