hooray, the south african variant showed up just in time for christmas

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Total overreaction and yes, this variant has been circulating SA for a while. 

FFfyFcOXEAUcUZ6.thumb.jpg.2403eec506ddaef974730d2942bdab94.jpg

The UK must have really done something bad to them. Is it the travel ban thats overreacting?

Let’s all hope it mutated into some less potent form, but you can understand the reaction after seeing what the delta variant has done. Better to play it safe for a few weeks to slow the spread until it’s understood.

I know you won’t agree - that’s ok.

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Most people are not anti vaxxers as you have been trained to call them .  

It’s a term of endearment, once only used for the “vaccines cause autism” propaganda crowd, but now includes Covid vaccine propaganda crowd.

It’s not to be used against the “I just don’t want it” crowd, more-so reserved for those who do their research on Twitter and or those who rely on memes to make sense of the world around them.

27 minutes ago, akvanden said:

The UK must have really done something bad to them. Is it the travel ban thats overreacting?

Let’s all hope it mutated into some less potent form, but you can understand the reaction after seeing what the delta variant has done. Better to play it safe for a few weeks to slow the spread until it’s understood.

Did you read where she said its been in SA for some time already.  Do I need to summarize for you?  Maybe with a nice bow and ribbon.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Let me summarize it for you.

You are a moron.  There.:lol: 

You are the one who is drawing a wickedly stupid conclusion.  Lots of things are fucked with the shot, but your claim is as absurd as the other sides claim of impending doom.  Since you can't summarize it, you obviously know that it isn't right...or you are too dumb to think on your own and can't find a twitter feed to explain it.

7 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

You are the one who is drawing a wickedly stupid conclusion.  Lots of things are fucked with the shot, but your claim is as absurd as the other sides claim of impending doom.  Since you can't summarize it, you obviously know that it isn't right...or you are too dumb to think on your own and can't find a twitter feed to explain it.

This has nothing to do with a virus.  If you still believe that, there really is no helping you. 

39 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Did you read where she said its been in SA for some time already.  Do I need to summarize for you?  Maybe with a nice bow and ribbon.

How long? When did they first detect it?

Not in July, as you stated.

56 minutes ago, akvanden said:

It’s a term of endearment, once only used for the “vaccines cause autism” propaganda crowd, but now includes Covid vaccine propaganda crowd.

It’s not to be used against the “I just don’t want it” crowd, more-so reserved for those who do their research on Twitter and or those who rely on memes to make sense of the world around them.

The covid vaccine propaganda crowd ? That would be almost every fourm of media that exists today . It is funny if you told any of them 3 yrs ago they would be hauling the water for big pharma and doing it for free at that they would have laughed you out if the room . Yet here we are millions of cheerleaders for the most corrupt fuckhead industrys we have .

But yeah I know the hundreds of lawsuits they have lost have showen them there old ways were bad and they have changed now and only care about the good of the people lmfao . Yeah prob not 

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

Looks like the chare of the south African medical association is next on the chopping block of people to be discredited and mocked in to obscurity 

What the fuck dose she know . Stupid whore 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, akvanden said:

What exactly has it done?

36 minutes ago, Roosting said:

What exactly has it done?

Well, vs the original strain: increased viral load, increased hospitalization, sick faster, more transmissible, longer infection period.

So it wouldn’t be preferable if that happened again with a new variant.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

This has nothing to do with a virus.  If you still believe that, there really is no helping you. 

Not relevant to the discussion.  You made a statement and can't or won't back it up with anything but emotion.  You are just as big of a sheep as the opposite side. Sad.

2 hours ago, akvanden said:

Well, vs the original strain: increased viral load, increased hospitalization, sick faster, more transmissible, longer infection period.

So less deadly is what you were attempting to convey? 

Now virus mutations are typically known to be more infectious but less deadly what should the moron mutation be then?

and since this is essentially a new virus, how does the temporary booster effectiveness correlate with that? Would you take last years flu shot for this years flu?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Not according to the chair of the south African medical association.  But again what disease that stupid cunt know any ways . I only trust what phizer tells the cdc to tell to me .  They have never lied to the American people we can trust there communications dept above all else 

12 minutes ago, Roosting said:

Now virus mutations are typically known to be more infectious but less deadly what should the moron mutation be then?

and since this is essentially a new virus, how does the temporary booster effectiveness correlate with that? Would you take last years flu shot for this years flu?

Covid deaths are up YoY in the US with delta being 99% of the variant, so you can add in whatever normalizing factors you want and be the judge.

As for your last question, let me run some tests in my lab and get back to you.

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Not according to the chair of the south African medical association.  But again what disease that stupid cunt know any ways . I only trust what phizer tells the cdc to tell to me .  They have never lied to the American people we can trust there communications dept above all else 

Great, I hope she’s right and it turns into nothing. 

1 hour ago, Roosting said:

This clown will do whatever he's told.  One needs to be able to think for themselves otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

One needs to be able to think for themselves otherwise.

When are you going to start.  You just spew conspiracy bs from twitter instead of thinking yourself.  Can't even back up anything you type.  Sad because you make those of us that are wary about the vax look bad.

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

When are you going to start.  You just spew conspiracy bs from twitter instead of thinking yourself.  Can't even back up anything you type.  Sad because you make those of us that are wary about the vax look bad.

Dude you make yourself look bad all on your own

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Sure conspiracy this loser.