snowplow guru's

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I have a BOSS Sport Duty ( plastic ) Plow.

It has been a real good plow.

However it has to be lined-up just right, or it won't latch on.

A buddy of mine had a big Fisher plow, and he went crazy all afternoon trying to get it on. 

Lmao!! Plastic plow on a rusty pos gmc 1/2 ton.  My stainless boss V hooks up in seconds with a push of a button. 

Edited by Shifty
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shifty said:

Lmao!! Plastic plow on a rusty pos gmc 1/2 ton.  My stainless boss V hooks up in seconds with a push of a button. 

OK, so then what's your TNW??? Mr. Big Shot? 

first off how new is it? the intensfire lights with the bulbs that are $20 each? or the old style? there will be a isloation module  usually its laying on the fender liner drivers side. that runs the lights and the lift angle and it multiplex for the lift. it means it runs several things over the same wire. the older plows used relays thats why i asked how old it is. where they tap into the head lite wires a lot use the scotch clips. not the best idea. sometimes its the truck side plug where it plugs into the plow. the $20 bulbs do not last long i buy several every winter

1 hour ago, snowstorm said:

first off how new is it? the intensfire lights with the bulbs that are $20 each? or the old style? there will be a isloation module  usually its laying on the fender liner drivers side. that runs the lights and the lift angle and it multiplex for the lift. it means it runs several things over the same wire. the older plows used relays thats why i asked how old it is. where they tap into the head lite wires a lot use the scotch clips. not the best idea. sometimes its the truck side plug where it plugs into the plow. the $20 bulbs do not last long i buy several every winter

It was bought new in 2014. The headlights were replaced last winter.

2 hours ago, snowstorm said:

none of the lights work? or some do? if you have fisher lights it should have been just plug them in. did the new lites work when first installed?

yes , everything worked till I hooked it up this yr. All working now.