Hospital capacity.

• Platinum Contributing Member

My mother had been in the hospital for a few days and I got to speak with a number of nurses regarding capacity.   Yes there has been a recent significant spike in covid cases including admissions but every single one of them said the only cause of capacity issues was staffing or lack there of.   This particular Hospital system is pretty lenient on vaccinations for staff however many, many quit because they got burnt out during the past 18 months.   Interesting hearing from them firsthand.

Sad we paid people to stay home.   Govt shouldn't have been paying anyone but if we had to it should have focused on those that made sacrifices and stayed onsite working.    

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

My mother had been in the hospital for a few days and I got to speak with a number of nurses regarding capacity.   Yes there has been a recent significant spike in covid cases including admissions but every single one of them said the only cause of capacity issues was staffing or lack there of.   This particular Hospital system is pretty lenient on vaccinations for staff however many, many quit because they got burnt out during the past 18 months.   Interesting hearing from them firsthand.

Sad we paid people to stay home.   Govt shouldn't have been paying anyone but if we had to it should have focused on those that made sacrifices and stayed onsite working.    

Yup, capacity is actually down.  Has nothing to do with hospital beds and everything to do with staffing.  I noticed this last summer when I heard we were at capacity again.  

Keep in mind many healthcare workers were layed off in the beginning and some never came back.  Others got burned out.  Older ones saw their 401K balances at all time highs and pulled the plug on working.

We spent trillions on this and our healthcare capacity actually went down.  We need tens of thousands of students on a fast track through nursing school who are working part time as part of their schooling.  Pull the scholarships from the general studies students and pile that money into nursing programs.  Partner with local hospitals to pick up part of the tab for working part time and a couple years out of school.  University of Minnesota nursing BSN students take NURS 4706 - Transition to Practice (1.0 cr) in their 4th year.  1 credit hour to talk about working when they could be working.

Same thing is happening in central Sconnie - a bunch of Hospital workers didn't want the Vax so "Available Capacity" went down.  But the media doesn't report it as that.  It gets pushed as "Full hospitals" due to Covid.

But wait, 40+ get run over in Waukesha, did we hear a single word of those people not being able to get in??  NOPE.

• Like 1

Hospital where I work has a 20 bed unit full of patients waiting to be placed in a nursing home.  Little to no nursing home availability due to no NH staff.  As soon as a patient leaves, another one is rolling through the door waiting for placement.  Our busy units have had to provide staff to take care of these 20 patients for months.  The trickle down is that their home units are short staffed and both the main Covid unit and the overflow Covid unit have been full or mostly full (90-95% unvaccinated).  ICU has been 80-95% full on a daily basis as well.  Plus, kitchen, laundry, and housekeeping staff are all short because a lot of people have left.  We're short on RNs, MDs, PAs, NPs, CNAs, you name it.  It's a far different world than when I started way back when.  

Our imbecile has just authorized National Guard to step up and perform duties to deal with shortages while he simultaneously pushes mandates as healthcare workers flee.

It’s the most amazing time to watch people with sub 100 IQ’s and 2nd grade reasoning skills run things as they kick the “problem can” down the road.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Our imbecile has just authorized National Guard to step up and perform duties to deal with shortages while he simultaneously pushes mandates as healthcare workers flee.

It’s the most amazing time to watch people with sub 100 IQ’s and 2nd grade reasoning skills run things as they kick the “problem can” down the road.

Imagine joining the MN Guard and finding out your duty will be to act as a CNA at a nursing home.  The shitbag will get re-elected too.  The metro will make damn sure of that.  I happen to live in MN and work in WI so I get to deal with the BS handed down by both Walz and Evers.  

12 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

First year of Covid was all cheers and pom poms for "Frontline workers" now not so much....at all

Yesterday's hero's to today's zeros. :sad: It amazes me how many watch, listen and believe MSM. Some of these people that are now condemning and ridiculing these doctor's, nurses and other frontline workers are the same one's who had signs on their lawns thanking them, but because of the media spin and being incapable of thinking for themselves, they are now just parroting what their T.V. screens told them.

coovviddd1.png

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, irv said:

Yesterday's hero's to today's zeros. :sad: It amazes me how many watch, listen and believe MSM. Some of these people that are now condemning and ridiculing these doctor's, nurses and other frontline workers are the same one's who had signs on their lawns thanking them, but because of the media spin and being incapable of thinking for themselves, they are now just parroting what their T.V. screens told them.

coovviddd1.png

Yep, arm chair quarter backs yipping out what the MSM programmed them to say. A year ago they would have held a parade for them but today they want them fired  SMH

• Like 1

9 hours ago, soeaster said:

Imagine joining the MN Guard and finding out your duty will be to act as a CNA at a nursing home.  The shitbag will get re-elected too.  The metro will make damn sure of that.  I happen to live in MN and work in WI so I get to deal with the BS handed down by both Walz and Evers.  

Yep.  My daughter and it looks like about 30% of their staff including at least six RN’s that have been in the business for decades.  Needless to say, and what the news IS NOT COVERING, is that the patients are scared shitless about the staff being replaces with NG.  Oh well, FUCK THEM!!!  FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Mainecat said:

And why were they burnt out?

^^^^^^^^Perfect example of why public executions should be brought back.

1 hour ago, irv said:

coovviddd1.png

It’s really amazing.  What we should all be asking is, “Why?” Why are so many of these people that have been at ground zero since the beginning of this are laughing at getting a vax and willing to lose their jobs over it?Many know….this whole thing is a good damn joke.

Its funny to go back and look at history sometimes and you wonder, how much has been re-written?  Like, when all the “intellectuals” are sacrificed during a take over…..hat were they REALLY bringing to the masses?  What were they really spreading with their expert opinions?

2F90DC68-1A45-4C08-855D-BE6F3D02C539.gif

• Like 2