A Very Close Call

revrnd

This another one of my buddies...lol Wtf!  This guy is a brand new rider and that sled was brand new.  He is not a drinker and was not impaired just a newbie.  Were trying to tell him to find something else to do instead of sledding lol.

He is ok btw.

2 guys in 1 month involved in bad wrecks

What paper is that anyway revrnd??

1 hour ago, Renegade X said:

This another one of my buddies...lol Wtf!  This guy is a brand new rider and that sled was brand new.  He is not a drinker and was not impaired just a newbie.  Were trying to tell him to find something else to do instead of sledding lol.

He is ok btw.

2 guys in 1 month involved in bad wrecks

What paper is that anyway revrnd??

Starting to sound like you need to hang with a different crowd. :) I sure hope it isn't contagious

19 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Starting to sound like you need to hang with a different crowd. :) I sure hope it isn't contagious

Nah, just a bit of bad luck.  He shoulda just came to my cottage instead of his..lol.  You can tell he is new just by his reg numbers lol

Some people are crazy with how aggressive they drive, a few weeks ago a person passed me on the rail line near dundalk area'ish, he must have been doing 140 km/h if not more, but the kicker was at the stop signs he was locking up the brake and the sled would go almost completely sideways... and once he realized there was no traffic jump on the gas again and go.. Saw the person do this at 3/4 stops before they were long gone out of my sight.

Glad the person above was alright.

The worst thing about the Hastings railbed is that the clubs should be brushing back the stop signs & replacing the ones that are faded to pink. I almost blew a stop sign south of Bancrotch. I thought the stop ahead sign must've been knocked down. I my return trip I took note of the road crossing & watched for the Stop Ahead sign. It was in place, but obscured by an evergreen limb. I tried to break some of the smaller branches of to make it more visible.

I was probably doing about 50...mph when I almost blew the sign. I've been up & down the railbed so many time on the sled & in the Ranger (albeit slower) I may have been a bit complacent.

At another road crossing heading towards Ormsby Jct, I spotted another S/A sign that was barely visible. I was able to break the limb off that was blocking the sign. 

I don't do as much night riding as I used to, so maybe you guys will know. When the Stop signs start fading to pink, do they lose their reflective qualities?

1 hour ago, StevieWonder said:

That is some high quality journalism right there people .....

You can say that again. SMH Definitely not Pulitzer Prize material.

They'll take a picture of a house fire & they'll crop it down so that all that is visible is a door. May as well leave out the pic.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tinker said:

Tough truck

8 hours ago, Poncho said:

Yamaha strike.  Surprised the truck didn't break in two.  That Yamaha is stronger than the average Puzzledoo.....

I would've been interesting to see how much sheet metal damage the truck suffered?

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, revrnd said:

Not sure if there would've been charges laid (sloppy local newspaper coverage), but maybe odot can chime in.LSP Sled Accident - Copy.jpg

Jeezus...  That's the worst article I've seen in ages...and that's saying a lot after all the Trump coverage.  As for charges...  as some have said on here, the signs are pretty bad along that trail in areas.  BUT.. still up to the rider to operate safely.  Based solely on what the reporter is saying he cold be looking at Careless driving, Disobey sign, Enter roadway improperly or Cross roadway improperly.  Very hard to say without knowing all facts...  Need to check sled for mechanical failure as possible cause as well...  Hope he heals quick..  Not a great season so far..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, odot1 said:

Jeezus...  That's the worst article I've seen in ages...and that's saying a lot after all the Trump coverage.  As for charges...  as some have said on here, the signs are pretty bad along that trail in areas.  BUT.. still up to the rider to operate safely.  Based solely on what the reporter is saying he cold be looking at Careless driving, Disobey sign, Enter roadway improperly or Cross roadway improperly.  Very hard to say without knowing all facts...  Need to check sled for mechanical failure as possible cause as well...  Hope he heals quick..  Not a great season so far..

Odot even you can see he didn't install the appropriate Ski doo skis....this could have been easily avoided had he done the change.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

Odot even you can see he didn't install the appropriate Ski doo skis....this could have been easily avoided had he done the change.....

:cop:   

^   Sorry...been wanting to use that  for soooooooooooooo long!!!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Yammis....... too much inertia, if they're pushing trucks sideways. 

What was this guy's aversion to stop signs? 

I know that trail well.  Some of the signs are hidden by brush.  A few are missing.  They've been advised many times about this...  Not sure if that's the case here, saying that  however, most of the road crossings are fairly visible.  Usually you get enough warning just seeing the road ahead....speed dependent of course....