What the FocK New Hampshire? $6m snowmobile tunnel

Just now, CFM said:

Clown550 lives in that town, let's see what he has to say. Maybe there is more to it ?

For $6m they could buy a used crane and pay an operator to lift sleds and groomers to go from one side to the other... for fifty years. 

Wait... I gotta find the costs for the elk/moose/bear/fox/antelope crossings from a while back.  Those were fucking crazy too.

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://www.unionleader.com/voices/city_matters/city-matters-snowmobile-trail-issue-requires-6-million-fix/article_c9334bad-4fbe-5dde-a06e-e2e0888f4ca5.html 

THIS is part of what's wrong with this country.  

Wont let me read the article....in a nut shell what is going on? Wants me to subscribe to their paper....

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

Seems like a huge waste of money for that area of the state. They get the least amount of snow and probably have the least rideable days out of a season. 

on another note maybe Manchester’s most powerful and wealthy resident can just donate the 6 million needed for the project. Maybe 550 could cut a deal he donates 6mill for the bridge in trade for the snowmobile club making sure his mach z is always full of gas so he doesn’t have to have it sit at the dealer for 41 days only to find out he ran out of gas. Fair deal honestly.

• Haha 2

We have 3 of those cement 12x12 tunnels . I can't see where 6 mill is coming from at all. The newest 1 was done this yr and the railroad paid the bill . Granted they did not have to tunnel just place them and fill with dirt .job was done in 2 days of working .

But the other 2 are under a road . 

I can't see where a road would have to be closed for more than a night for each tunnel . Or just wait till road needs a repave then would not even run 200k .

But yeah for that money 2 new groomer sheds and 2 new Tucker and drags would save the state about 5 million 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

We have 3 of those cement 12x12 tunnels . I can't see where 6 mill is coming from at all. The newest 1 was done this yr and the railroad paid the bill . Granted they did not have to tunnel just place them and fill with dirt .job was done in 2 days of working .

I can't see where a road would have to be closed for more than a night for each tunnel . Or just wait till road needs a repave then would not even run 200k .

But yeah for that money 2 new groomer sheds and 2 new Tucker and drags would save the state about 5 million 

101 is major east/west route in southern NH. That section is especially busy being in the more populated area of the state between manch and Hampton. They just repaved that section a year or two ago. 6mill is a ridiculous price tag obviously to line someone’s pockets.

2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

This is probably a crazy idea but maybe just run the groomer up over the highway 🤯.   Nah fuck that free shit.

F1675039-9C48-45AD-9F5E-F8D1366E106F.png

Looks like just a split highway no reason they can't just go over . Especially at night . How much trafic is out there at 2am? 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Looks like just a split highway no reason they can't just go over . Especially at night . How much trafic is out there at 2am? 

This is NH that’s a big “highway” for here 😂. It’s a fairly busy route with work day traffic and weekend traffic going to the beach and Maine etc. but really after 9 not much from the times I’ve driven it no reason why a groomer couldn’t cross other than BS laws I’m sure. I don’t drive that section of 101 daily I drive the western section but I’m on it a fair amount each month I’m sure a local to that area have better insight on the traffic.

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Here is one of those animal bridges/snowmobile trail just north of st iggy 

329A24BF-1F11-49DC-91A3-F2BEE07690EB.jpeg

Cool snowmobile

52 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Golf course made a tunnel under c.r. 6 last year or two to drive their carts under.  I don't even think the road ever closed, I'm sure it was a small fraction of this new Hampshire job.  I'd be pretty irritated as a snowmobiler there, I'm sure the funds could go to way better use 

39 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Cool snowmobile

Golf course made a tunnel under c.r. 6 last year or two to drive their carts under.  I don't even think the road ever closed, I'm sure it was a small fraction of this new Hampshire job.  I'd be pretty irritated as a snowmobiler there, I'm sure the funds could go to way better use 

Those 12x12 cement tunnels are structural  . They can drive a fucking D8 over them . And they are like 4ft long and slide together . They could deff tunnel under push them in to place and fill with dirt or cement.  But again not to hard to cross a split highway at night with a Tucker and a drag 

Sgsin, willing to bet there is more to this than snowmobiling. Multi use ? Place for hwy equipment / mowers /tractors /etc  to access these areas mire safely.  

We have 6-8ft tubes in other areas if the state that go under some rural routes / split lanes. 

in Plymouth , NH, there are a few crossings  on raised split lanes that can get erie (sp?) during day with good amt of traffic at decent speeds. 

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Just have to take out a section of guard rail . That will give them 12.5 foot openings.  I only know this because I have been working with a state highway engineer on moving some rail they put up in fr of one of out trail crossings 

11 hours ago, mnstang said:

Cool snowmobile

Hard to believe that picture is over 10 years old 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold Member
15 hours ago, Vtblizzard800 said:

Is this the trail that goes by where the grass drags are every year?

The section is in Candia I believe the brown part(ungroomed). I think the part that goes by the grass drags is off this stretch of trail. It could be the same I really don’t remember it’s been 15+ yrs since I’ve rode that area.

642377D2-A7D2-43DD-8007-3435DCD2F273.png

It would be foolish to spend that kind of money for a groomer to pass under the road there when it probably only passes through there a couple of times a year, if they ever get enough snow to groom.