The official hunting thread ...

29 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Didn't put cams out this year.   Wanted the excitement of hunting and not looking for specific deer all the time.  

Buddy who I let hunt hit this deer few weeks ago but we didn't recover him.  Sucks but an unfortunate part of it.   He had put on another 10-15" too.  We've seen an even bigger 10 a few times but nobodies gotten a shot yet.   Some other 120"-140" bucks running around but nothing to get overly excited about.

STC_0249.JPG

Think he survived?

Watched a huge fox squirrel kick the shit out of a red squirrel - my highlight so far this morn. 

7 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Same thing in my area. A nice young up and comer gets killed because if you pass it the neighbors will get it anyway. @HSR those are daddies. My uncle lives in the Nestor Falls area and sees the same thing you are talking about. 

What area are you in?

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Think he survived?

Watched a huge fox squirrel kick the shit out of a red squirrel - my highlight so far this morn. 

What area are you in?

Tough to say.   The guy thought the hit was a bit back and high but the shot was also quartering away and a steep angle so it should have been good.   Wasn't a pass thru so and with the high hit most of the bleeding may have been internal.  We let him lay for 7 hours then got on him.  Just not enough blood to keep on him.   Did a small grid search the next day with no success.   5 of us are going out Sunday to walk the majority of where else he might have went and laid down.    If he didn't make it the yotes surely ate him up by now but the rack can always be put on another buck cape. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

Filled one of my doe tags few weeks ago with the bow, I have 4 still open and have seen a few decent bucks during the rut chasing doe but nothing close yet. Been wandering around this season since I retired just for fun, three states so far. My wife asked why I passed on several deer and I didn't know why, she held up three fingers and said to fill some tags. Guess that she wants the freezer filled.

IMG_20211021_172525.jpg

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, HSR said:

I know they are going to log past my hunting area this fall but me thinks yesterday wasn’t the day to grade the road in there

E8166D85-108D-479D-AEF3-718C5E6A2E81.jpeg

99C6B174-9183-43E4-8DC5-64FE2C8FE353.jpeg

That definitely wasn't the day. Now to get it out before it really starts freezing. 

17 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

That definitely wasn't the day. Now to get it out before it really starts freezing. 

They brought a JD grapple skidder in today and got it out

• Like 1

• Gold Member

I'm kind pissed off, no one got a moose this year. No one got a seal either and we have a couple Inuit deckhands, too. They claim they hunt seal for their very life's blood and they both missed multiple times with a rifle. Go figure.

On 11/19/2021 at 8:55 PM, Zambroski said:

I’m not a hunter but, got a buddy in SD right now sending me “those” pics.  I know I’m having some elk meat soon!

277CEE47-7542-4E4D-B23E-C260918CB60E.jpeg

That's a nice Mule Deer. First bold wasn't necessary if you were gonna type second bold:roflcrying:. It's akin to calling an Arctic Cat a Ski-doo :lol:

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, HSR said:

That's a nice Mule Deer. First bold wasn't necessary if you were gonna type second bold:roflcrying:. It's akin to calling an Arctic Cat a Ski-doo :lol:

No, LOL…he got an elk too.  I just picked one of the half dozen picks he sent me.  I don’t get that invested in these pics anymore than the big mountain deep pow riders that throttle themselves down good and deep to take a “thumbs up” pic.

All kinda weird to me….but, I do my one weird!  :lmao:

61283EC1-DFC4-4B53-8E75-27CAAC1C9481.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No, LOL…he got an elk too.  I just picked one of the half dozen picks he sent me.  I don’t get that invested in these pics anymore than the big mountain deep pow riders that throttle themselves down good and deep to take a “thumbs up” pic.

Hahahahahahahaha ok gotcha.Well at least your friends are cool and hunt!!!!!11111!!!!!!11!!! Not just sandniggers like you LOL

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Good eating - when they just eat scrub brush :dunno:

On 11/18/2021 at 9:54 PM, HSR said:

Thanks for the thread @ford_428cj:bc: I enjoyed the one next door until Chad(scooter) came in with his sweater vest on as head of the Sucka Cum Lotta Frat of TBP and citidioted the fuck out of it:roflcrying:

Scooter sucks.