There is no shortage of US truck drivers

25 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

doesn't change the fact there is a driver shortage, story doesn't mention drivers who got a CDL that shouldn't be in a truck to begin with. another nice swing and miss

That and over regulation makes truck driving a less desirable career. I'm looking for a way out because I'm tired of dealing with the regulations 

• Gold Member

This can be the reason for any job obviously the more your making the more BS you’re willing to put up with. All blue collar jobs have shortages no young people want to put the time in to get the top pay. They want top pay on day one knowing nothing it don’t work like that so they move on after a few months.

• Gold Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

Retarded youtube propaganda amuses the low IQ voters.

Did you even watch it? He is a Current Truck Driver in California basically saying the same thing you said MORON! 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Did you even watch it? He is a Current Truck Driver in California basically saying the same thing you said MORON! 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I watched it moron. Your clueless but that’s no surprise.

OTR trucking is a hard lifestyle but it's like any trade,  pays well if you work hard at it even with little education.  too bad kids have been told they have to go to college then they come out and prefer to work a shitty retail job with a useless degree because a trade is beneath them.  

3 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

doesn't change the fact there is a driver shortage, story doesn't mention drivers who got a CDL that shouldn't be in a truck to begin with. another nice swing and miss

You need to be quiet and let MC and the other experts handle this.

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

OTR trucking is a hard lifestyle but it's like any trade,  pays well if you work hard at it even with little education.  too bad kids have been told they have to go to college then they come out and prefer to work a shitty retail job with a useless degree because a trade is beneath them.  

Agreed but from what I hea (not a whole lot) but it’s gotten tougher with state fees, licensing, training and overall costs out of drivers pockets for these government forced mandates.

Again, the government “helping”.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Being away from home sucks but it comes with some jobs.   Buddy I knew who was in commercial real estate went to the west coast from Iowa every week for years and years.   Now it was his choice because he wanted to raise his kids in Des Moines instead of out there but lots of jobs require a lot of travel.  I've been on probably 50+ work trips that average couple days to a week and missed plenty of my kids lives.  Part of some jobs.    

8 hours ago, Mainecat said:

I watched it moron. Your clueless but that’s no surprise.

So should be real ez for you to dispute any of his points . Pick just one and tell us all why he is mistaken 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
17 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Kids also go into the trades being told you’ll make 100k+. What they don’t tell you is yes you’ll make that potentially but it’ll take years to master your craft to be able to make that and once your there you’ll only have a few years to make top pay before your body falls apart. I know when I met with the tech school recruiter he made all these promises of making 100k yr and top techs at Mercedes paid 200k blah blah blah making it seem like I’d be rich right after school. They don’t tell you you’ll start out at $10hr and make shit for years until your actually good. Same thing for pretty much all trades it took my electrician buddy years to be making a halfway decent pay.

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

Kids also go into the trades being told you’ll make 100k+. What they don’t tell you is yes you’ll make that potentially but it’ll take years to master your craft to be able to make that and once your there you’ll only have a few years to make top pay before your body falls apart. I know when I met with the tech school recruiter he made all these promises of making 100k yr and top techs at Mercedes paid 200k blah blah blah making it seem like I’d be rich right after school. They don’t tell you you’ll start out at $10hr and make shit for years until your actually good. Same thing for pretty much all trades it took my electrician buddy years to be making a halfway decent pay.

I agree.  But, most higher paying jobs require years of learning/shit eating before you have the opportunity to see if you can make some good coin.  It’s that much harder for licensing trades.  But…like anything….if you get good, and are driven, there’s a good chance a comfortable life is in your future.  Dumb, lazy, inept hack?  Welcome to eeking by until your body gives out.  I think most here know both types.

What’s weird is, it seems if you aren’t starting to make your financial way in the trades by your late 20’s/early 30’s…..you may not have what it takes to move up.  :dunno:

Also, most in the trades seem to suffer from poor financial decisions.  That’s kinda weird too.  Just blue collar, through and through I guess.  

• Like 1

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I agree.  But, most higher paying jobs require years of learning/shit eating before you have the opportunity to see if you can make some good coin.  It’s that much harder for licensing trades.  But…like anything….if you get good, and are driven, there’s a good chance a comfortable life is in your future.  Dumb, lazy, inept hack?  Welcome to eeking by until your body gives out.  I think most here know both types.

What’s weird is, it seems if you aren’t starting to make your financial way in the trades by your late 20’s/early 30’s…..you may not have what it takes to move up.  :dunno:

Also, most in the trades seem to suffer from poor financial decisions.  That’s kinda weird too.  Just blue collar, through and through I guess.  

Yup every job requires time put in to make big money. White collar jobs don’t have to start out at the complete shit pay trades guys have to from what I’ve seen from friends and family.  I’m sure some do but I don’t personally know any.

9 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yup every job requires time put in to make big money. White collar jobs don’t have to start out at the complete shit pay trades guys have to from what I’ve seen from friends and family.  I’m sure some do but I don’t personally know any.

What they don't put in sweet equity they pay for out of pocket for a decade or better . And still live like broke fuckers for 4 yrs .

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yeah, white collar entries have their own hell though.  Many will NEVER do that well for themselves and will stay “cube fill” their whole lives.

Work prison.  It is what it is…and it is what one decides to make of it.  I know one thing for sure, sitting around and complaining of your chosen circumstance doesn’t do anything but seal one’s own fate.

• Like 1