Inflation Calculator….

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

So you made $.

???

Inflation is a bad thing, unless you have surplus goods to be sold.

My company just gave us a $2/hr raise. Kinda out of the blue. It equates to a %7.6 raise.

Redi-mix concrete truck operators. Truck drivers are unobtainium at this time, so we are hiring anyone with a licence, retaining even piss poor drivers. You literally have to roll a truck over, after many other things that should have got you fired.

Normally, raises are negotiated every two years, taking into account inflation, home prices, which have skyrocketed, even in my rural environment, food, taxes etc.

I've never seen more than 2 or 3 percent.

The negotiations happen in March of 2022, so this is simply a pre top up.

I simply could, in no way shape or form, afford to buy my home now. Even if I didn't upgrade it, which I have at that lesser cost.

It was a home most people could afford, even on a modest wage, with a family.

Land prices have gone loopy. A half acre in a desirable subdivision sold a few years ago for 40k. A 1/2 acre lot, beside a power line, with restrictions so you have to build close to the road, just sold for 130k

I used to find a nice home could be built for $200/sq foot. I've been told a basic home is now $400/sq foot.

No one wins in this scenario, unless you own everything you have and want for nothing. 

I truly feel bad for those that are getting into the market now. They are paying a massive premium, and it may not increase in value anywhere near the value of those in the market for 15 or so years,

Edited by Voodoo

43 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

???

Inflation is a bad thing, unless you have surplus goods to be sold.

My company just gave us a $2/hr raise. Kinda out of the blue. It equates to a %7.6 raise.

Redi-mix concrete truck operators. Truck drivers are unobtainium at this time, so we are hiring anyone with a licence, retaining even piss poor drivers. You literally have to roll a truck over, after many other things that should have got you fired.

Normally, raises are negotiated every two years, taking into account inflation, home prices, which have skyrocketed, even in my rural environment, food, taxes etc.

I've never seen more than 2 or 3 percent.

The negotiations happen in March of 2022, so this is simply a pre top up.

I simply could, in no way shape or form, afford to buy my home now. Even if I didn't upgrade it, which I have at that lesser cost.

It was a home most people could afford, even on a modest wage, with a family.

Land prices have gone loopy. A half acre in a desirable subdivision sold a few years ago for 40k. A 1/2 acre lot, beside a power line, with restrictions so you have to build close to the road, just sold for 130k

I used to find a nice home could be built for $200/sq foot. I've been told a basic home is now $400/sq foot.

No one wins in this scenario, unless you own everything you have and want for nothing. 

I truly feel bad for those that are getting into the market now. They are paying a massive premium, and it may not increase in value anywhere near the value of those in the market for 15 or so years,

I bought brand new sleds for 1250.00 before and lived through the 80’s, 90’s nuttiness. Mortgage Interest of 17.5% during Reagan. 
it’s up it’s down….it is what it is.

20 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I bought brand new sleds for 1250.00 before and lived through the 80’s, 90’s nuttiness. Mortgage Interest of 17.5% during Reagan. 
it’s up it’s down….it is what it is.

Thanks Jimmy!!!