Quite the collection of Kittens someone is parting with

Crnr2Crnr

This was posted a few weeks ago.  I looked in his FB profile and all the sleds I saw looked mint.  It's too bad he has to sell all together, that's a tough ask!  I still thought about how I could get them.  At around $600 each, you could easily make money too 

IMG_20211109_145823.png

I see there are several 71 big mouth Panther 634’s with Montana Pipes.  Had a chance to buy one from a family friend when I was younger and passed on it.  Regretted it ever since.  I rode it several times and hearing the cylinders fire in stereo was incredibly cool.

The thing was a tank, it had a single crappy butterfly carb, never ran right and the cleated track sucked, but those chrome pipes made up for everything else.

Late 70’s el Tigre still one of the best looking sleds ever made, in my opinion.

On 11/9/2021 at 3:02 PM, mnstang said:

This was posted a few weeks ago.  I looked in his FB profile and all the sleds I saw looked mint.  It's too bad he has to sell all together, that's a tough ask!  I still thought about how I could get them.  At around $600 each, you could easily make money too 

IMG_20211109_145823.png

$35k to start for the collection weeds out the cheapskates which limits profit potential per sled, but if they want to move them all in one lot or hope to see the collection kept together it makes sense.  Uncertain if this is one guy selling or part of an estate?  Personally I'd sell it piece by piece and hold on to a couple.  Not 100% sure but I believe some of them came from a collector I know that sold off all his stuff a while back.  There was an article on Arctic insider about him.  

On 11/10/2021 at 9:49 PM, p51mstg said:

I see there are several 71 big mouth Panther 634’s with Montana Pipes.  Had a chance to buy one from a family friend when I was younger and passed on it.  Regretted it ever since.  I rode it several times and hearing the cylinders fire in stereo was incredibly cool.

The thing was a tank, it had a single crappy butterfly carb, never ran right and the cleated track sucked, but those chrome pipes made up for everything else.

Late 70’s el Tigre still one of the best looking sleds ever made, in my opinion.

The 73 EXT 650 is just awesome, and the Z440's are one of my all time favorite looking sleds.

• Like 2