Are you and your riding partners taking the Pledge?

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Did you read the article?

"Trails get closed each year because of selfish riders. We just lost another one here in Minnesota at the end of November because someone went down a trail on private land before it was even open for the season. Some snowmobilers ignore signs all day long like they don’t read or understand the language. They know full well they are trespassing. They don’t care. Yet we blame the “industry” for encouraging such behavior? I blame social degeneration. The lack of respect. The loss of morals and personal responsibility. Yes, these habits of society are creeping into our beloved sport of snowmobiling. How sad." 

I'll repeat it for you. Mountain sled derangement syndrome.  Trespassing is not exclusive to these sleds.

Also, trespassing is not a new generation phenomenon.  That shit has been going on forever in all various forms.  It's nothing new.

The other thing that's changing over the years is, land owners in general.  I know locally, some of the properties our trails go through are slowly going away from our "legacy" land owners.  Whether it be a death in the family and the property being handed down to kids who see things differently, or people flat out selling their land, new owners don't seem to be super happy about having snowmobiles on their property.  We work hard to maintain the trail/access, but sometimes it's just a hard no from new landowners.  The ones who do agree, but are hesitant, have a pretty short leash - so when this shit happens (trespassing/off trail) it doesn't take much to lose access these days.

17 minutes ago, Bontz said:

The other thing that's changing over the years is, land owners in general.  I know locally, some of the properties our trails go through are slowly going away from our "legacy" land owners.  Whether it be a death in the family and the property being handed down to kids who see things differently, or people flat out selling their land, new owners don't seem to be super happy about having snowmobiles on their property.  We work hard to maintain the trail/access, but sometimes it's just a hard no from new landowners.  The ones who do agree, but are hesitant, have a pretty short leash - so when this shit happens (trespassing/off trail) it doesn't take much to lose access these days.

Yup 👍

We had a big reroute on one trail last winter.  A doctor purchased a few hundred acres from an estate sale.  Original owner was a sledder, doctor is not.  Was a gigantic pita.  Another trail this season is getting a big reroute, business on the interstate purchased a farm and won't allow the trail citing liability so that club figured out a new way which went from one property owner to six to seek permission from.  I'm not a part of either club with the reroutes, but I did send both of them a check.  Losing either of these trails would completely suck.  

• 2 weeks later...