Not much of a road bike guy but....

56 minutes ago, snatchslayer said:

I remember back in the mid 80s, neighbor of mine had a cbx.   I6? Thing sounded insane and it was all engine . Looked like this 

download (8).jpeg

Awesome sound. Seen it before. Sounds like an F1 car.

Had a chance to buy the Kawasaki inline 6, passed it up. 

Regrets, I have a few....

16 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Awesome sound. Seen it before. Sounds like an F1 car.

Had a chance to buy the Kawasaki inline 6, passed it up. 

Regrets, I have a few....

The Kawi was liquid cooled, more of a touring bike. The CBX more exotic, more a screamer. And i am a Kawi guy.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Super bikes for me...until the Ontario government passed the "racing" law.

50 km over the limit (30 mph) and they impound your vehicle for 14 days and suspend your licence, on the spot, no trial.

The day that passed the ZX-10 got parked and up for sale. Shift out of 3rd and y'er fucked. Cruising speed on the 10 was about 100 mph, that's where she started to feel comfortable. A buddy pointed that out after he drove it. I explain it like aircraft, it's the stall speed...you need to be either accelerating, braking, or going faster than that.

I drove down with my brother who had just got his licence and bought a Suzuki 800 cruiser. I rode the bike out of the city, through some twisties to a spot he'd take it well out of town. Spoke wheels, drum rear brake, single front disc and a steering rake of a Harley. I barely survived. The first corner I threw it in I was almost in the ditch. Barely handled better than my lawn tractor.

Bought a Drz 400 to satisfy the bike needs, but it didn't do it for me. It's good for 130 kmh, but that's just too slow, sold it.

Bought another Drz 400 super moto, 2020 in the spring, hoping I'd re kindle the motorcycle love.

It now has been lowered, geared way down, dirt tires,  so my nieces and nephews ride it as a dirt bike.

Fuck you Dalton Mcguinty and his racing law.

Holy crap. Thats insane 

• Gold Member
30 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

50 km over the limit (30 mph) and they impound your vehicle for 14 days and suspend your licence, on the spot, no trial.

The day that passed the ZX-10 got parked and up for sale. Shift out of 3rd and y'er fucked. Cruising speed on the 10 was about 100 mph, that's where she started to feel comfortable. A buddy pointed that out after he drove it. I explain it like aircraft, it's the stall speed...you need to be either accelerating, braking, or going faster than that.

I drove down with my brother who had just got his licence and bought a Suzuki 800 cruiser. I rode the bike out of the city, through some twisties to a spot he'd take it well out of town. Spoke wheels, drum rear brake, single front disc and a steering rake of a Harley. I barely survived. The first corner I threw it in I was almost in the ditch. Barely handled better than my lawn tractor.

Bought a Drz 400 to satisfy the bike needs, but it didn't do it for me. It's good for 130 kmh, but that's just too slow, sold it.

Bought another Drz 400 super moto, 2020 in the spring, hoping I'd re kindle the motorcycle love.

It now has been lowered, geared way down, dirt tires,  so my nieces and nephews ride it as a dirt bike.

Ontario sounds like a horrible place :lol: Dont you guys have a 30mph sled speed limit too or some ridiculously slow speed.

2 minutes ago, snatchslayer said:

Holy crap. Thats insane 

They even made it worse, a month or so ago.

Doing 40kmh over, in a 50 zone and you have the same fines etc.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Ontario sounds like a horrible place :lol: Dont you guys have a 30mph sled speed limit too or some ridiculously slow speed.

Yep. 50kmh on the sled trails.

It's not enforced so much.

It was a different law set up, doing it on a sled did not affect your drivers licence.

There have been some laws passed recently that may make it so it affects your drivers licence.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

MN has a bs 50mph . And if you get 2 in a yr you have to take snomobile safety class .lol I have gotten poped 2 times ever and never paid .they are dnr tix and don't go on your record and they don't even come after the money .

I usually run sweep on the trail so don't have to worry to much . But seeing as I help out every yr with snomobile safety training pretty sure I could get my note signed lol

6 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Yep. 50kmh on the sled trails.

It's not enforced so much.

It was a different law set up, doing it on a sled did not affect your drivers licence.

There have been some laws passed recently that may make it so it affects your drivers licence.

MNUSA is fucking worthless on well most things but the speed limit especaly . Fuckers won't do shit and will lie to your face about membership input on the subject . Part of the reason more and more guys are paying club dues and saying fuck mnusa and refusing to pay them there share . 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, racerdave said:

I had the red 83 GPZ750 brand new. What brand aftermarket bottom half fairing is that? I think the one I bought in 83 was by Targa. It was different that what you have

Honestly I don’t remember but it was a name I recognized. It was nos from 84 when I found it on eBay. Never mounted ,already galaxy silver and quite epic 

Edited by Shifty

2 hours ago, Voodoo said:

hahaha. you fuckers have it better than us in b.c. here it is 40K over the speed limit for an impound. needless to say, that is why my 675 daytona is in the corner of the garage. now its the bush bikes doing stupid speeds and shit on the bush roads

2 hours ago, Voodoo said:

hahaha. you fuckers have it better than us in b.c. here it is 40K over the speed limit for an impound. needless to say, that is why my 675 daytona is in the corner of the garage. now its the bush bikes doing stupid speeds and shit on the bush roads

• Confused 1

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

MN has a bs 50mph . And if you get 2 in a yr you have to take snomobile safety class .lol I have gotten poped 2 times ever and never paid .they are dnr tix and don't go on your record and they don't even come after the money .

I usually run sweep on the trail so don't have to worry to much . But seeing as I help out every yr with snomobile safety training pretty sure I could get my note signed lol

NH is 45mph but I rarely ride here anymore to much hassle we stick with Maine for the most part now which has no limit just reasonable per conditions.

Edited by 800renegaderider
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

NH is 45mph but I rarely ride here anymore to much hassle we stick with Maine for the most part now which has no limit just reasonable per conditions.

Only time I have been popped in MN has been right around the house on a large local lake and they hide in the reads on the back side of a channel that never freezes well so every one but the people who follow the law and sink and need to be rescued brap the bridge 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Only time I have been popped in MN has been right around the house on a large local lake and they hide in the reads on the back side of a channel that never freezes well so every one but the people who follow the law and sink and need to be rescued brap the bridge 

They always go for the easy pickins it’s the same in NH.

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Have been stopped a handful of times for going a bit too fast in MN, but no tickets.  2 of the times, it was by the State Patrol. :bc:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

They always go for the easy pickins it’s the same in NH.

They sit in our warming shelter and burn our wood all winter lol . I acctaly have gotten to know the 3 that work out here pretty well because they sit in our shelter so much . Pretty sure I won't be getting tix from any of them . They know where there wood and fire starters come from lol. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, irv said:

Many years ago now but my bud and I purchased the first 2 KTM dirt bikes in Ontario, if not Canada, and to say they were a problem would be an understatement. I purchased the 250 and my bud the 500. Both were wicked fast and rode great but that is also where it ended as both seemed to break quite often. If it weren't for having a KTM guy just up the street from me where I could get parts, I likely would have dumped it a lot sooner. 

KTM.jpg

Nice!  Owned an 86 KTM 500 EXC and a 88 350 EXC.  Those bikes got me back into racing big time.

12 hours ago, XCR INDY said:

Unfortunately the cool is where it ends,IMO. This ‘17 390 had ABS problems, hanging rpms and gauge issues. Kid rode it a little over a year to 3200 miles. Good riddance.   

54D40365-381F-4164-892A-DBE806CB4206.jpeg

Acctualy came up in my memory pics today lol. Mine was a few yrs older 

Screenshot_20211031-194501_Photos.jpg

Edited by Ez ryder

14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Nice!  Owned an 86 KTM 500 EXC and a 88 350 EXC.  Those bikes got me back into racing big time.

Did you know ktm and cf moto teamed up and are now sharing tec and a factory ? 

I have to go take a closer look at the new cf moto bikes this winter . 

9 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I raced this one for 2 yrs but with the problems, and the very stiff clutch it had, it was hard to compete. I broke 2 clutch push rods on it so there was definitely something going on there? 

I also broke my WP rear shock one time, which surprised the hell out of considering the hype they had. Other than those things, I guess overall, it wasn't that bad of a bike but trying to race it or do Hare scrambles was, in hindsight, out of the question.

Now that my son has a dirt bike I wish I still had it, or course, just for everyday trail riding with him but then I also sold my deceased buddies 92 YZ 250 that I am also regretting, big time, that I also let go. 

WP_20170507_14_06_00_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Did you know ktm and cf moto teamed up and are now sharing tec and a factory ? 

I have to go take a closer look at the new cf moto bikes this winter . 

Actually, I didn't know that.  I always assumed those CF Motos were just some new Chink brand.  

47 minutes ago, irv said:

I raced this one for 2 yrs but with the problems, and the very stiff clutch it had, it was hard to compete. I broke 2 clutch push rods on it so there was definitely something going on there? 

I also broke my WP rear shock one time, which surprised the hell out of considering the hype they had. Other than those things, I guess overall, it wasn't that bad of a bike but trying to race it or do Hare scrambles was, in hindsight, out of the question.

Now that my son has a dirt bike I wish I still had it, or course, just for everyday trail riding with him but then I also sold my deceased buddies 92 YZ 250 that I am also regretting, big time, that I also let go. 

WP_20170507_14_06_00_Pro.jpg

Ahhh, no regrets.  Every dirtbike or race bike I ever owned was pretty well used by the time I wanted to get rid of it.  I was surprised to see all the 2 strokes making a comeback.  My 96 RM 250 was probably the easiest to race and handled mint.  I had lots of problems with those two KTMs as well.  :bc: 

• Like 1

The CF moto is not the normal Chinese shit brand.  Seems they want to do things right and become a real manufacturer.  they are pretty strong in the SxS and atv world now and providing support and warranty that has decent dealers bringing them on.  

I was thinking of getting another bike end of summer.   Saw a couple of Vics for a decent deal which would be my choice.