Not much of a road bike guy but....

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Yeah me to . I had the yellow Kenny Robert's.  They were cheep back in the day mine was a 3 yr old hold over I got mine and 2 other buds bought out there other 2 red and White ones . 

I have a bud with a yellow Kenny with only 400 mi on it. He won't sell it to me . I ask every yr 

A friend of mine has had a red and white one in his shop for a few years, the owner went to central america and has been paying the storage, just a beautiful bike.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

High end bikes don't come with pedals since people will remove whatever is on them and replace them anyways.  

What makes it "high end"?

We have what's know as The Fat Tire festival here ever year, about 5,000 bikes participating and several other Bike events throughout the year, I look at those high end bikes at the Bike shops in Town, some are $5-6,000, nothing special about them that I can see, in fact most look cheaply made.

59 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

What makes it "high end"?

We have what's know as The Fat Tire festival here ever year, about 5,000 bikes participating and several other Bike events throughout the year, I look at those high end bikes at the Bike shops in Town, some are $5-6,000, nothing special about them that I can see, in fact most look cheaply made.

Materials, components, actual R&D going in to the design of the bike.

If you ride a $250 Wal-Mart bike and even a $750 bike from one of the brand names back to back, you wouldn't believe the difference.  

Having a quality bike makes getting out there a lot more enjoyable.  

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Materials, components, actual R&D going in to the design of the bike.

If you ride a $250 Wal-Mart bike and even a $750 bike from one of the brand names back to back, you wouldn't believe the difference.  

Having a quality bike makes getting out there a lot more enjoyable.  

I've test rode the $5,000 Bikes here at 2 Bike shops, didn't notice any difference except the Cheap Bikes have a better suspension and ride better on bumps.  

My "cheap bikes" (4 of them) 3 are aluminum and 1 is hi carbon steel. Most expensive 1 I have was $200. I ride every day even in the Winter unless it's a snow Storm, was riding at 6 am today and will ride again in a little while.

Edited by XCR1250

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Those KTMs are cool bikes.👍🏼

Unfortunately the cool is where it ends,IMO. This ‘17 390 had ABS problems, hanging rpms and gauge issues. Kid rode it a little over a year to 3200 miles. Good riddance.   

54D40365-381F-4164-892A-DBE806CB4206.jpeg

• Platinum Contributing Member

I like vintage jap stuff from the 70-80s. Mostly Kawasaki. Currently bikeless. last one was a full restore on 84 GPz750. I would own any year KLR 650. A classic 2 stroke street bike would be pissa also. 

FC0FA329-ACC9-4636-944B-B0FE15B2B4A1.jpeg

Edited by Shifty
  • Like 3

• HSR changed the title to Not much of a road bike guy but....
1 hour ago, XCR INDY said:

Unfortunately the cool is where it ends,IMO. This ‘17 390 had ABS problems, hanging rpms and gauge issues. Kid rode it a little over a year to 3200 miles. Good riddance.   

54D40365-381F-4164-892A-DBE806CB4206.jpeg

I had one I put over 5k on zero issues . You got a Lemmon.  I loved that bike deff not a long mi highway bike . But fun as hell on twisty roads . I hauled mine out west and did every mountian pass we were close to a few times . 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

I had one I put over 5k on zero issues . You got a Lemmon.  I loved that bike deff not a long mi highway bike . But fun as hell on twisty roads . I hauled mine out west and did every mountian pass we were close to a few times . 

Geese... thought we had a good. The guy who bought it was looking for oil leaks at the head gasket , saying something about they were known for it. :ashamed:  anyways it’s all good. Hes got a new bike, 8500 miles, oil changes and tires only.  

B6E2F2C8-45AE-43A8-BE0A-66262BEAA3B6.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XCR INDY said:

Many years ago now but my bud and I purchased the first 2 KTM dirt bikes in Ontario, if not Canada, and to say they were a problem would be an understatement. I purchased the 250 and my bud the 500. Both were wicked fast and rode great but that is also where it ended as both seemed to break quite often. If it weren't for having a KTM guy just up the street from me where I could get parts, I likely would have dumped it a lot sooner. 

KTM.jpg

• Like 3

• Gold Member

Peddle bikes are for queers.  They are building ANOTHER million dollar bridge for a fucking bike trail near me.  If you fucks paid reg taxes or somethign I would feel better.  What a drain on society you fucking spandex wearing granola bar eatin fags are.....  Stay off my fucking highway and out of my lane you fucking two wheel suicide squad

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Peddle bikes are for queers.  They are building ANOTHER million dollar bridge for a fucking bike trail near me.  If you fucks paid reg taxes or somethign I would feel better.  What a drain on society you fucking spandex wearing granola bar eatin fags are.....  Stay off my fucking highway and out of my lane you fucking two wheel suicide squad

Tell us how you really feel. 

I agree 100% on tabs for bikes. Back in the day you had to have tabs for bikes in Minneapolis at least . My first tix ever was in early grade school for no tabs on my bike . 

They pay no tab fee no gas tax no registration fee yet we take millions every yr out of the gas tax fund to pave and maintain fucking bike paths in MN alone . 

4 hours ago, Shifty said:

I like vintage jap stuff from the 70-80s. Mostly Kawasaki. Currently bikeless. last one was a full restore on 84 GPz750. I would own any year KLR 650. A classic 2 stroke street bike would be pissa also. 

FC0FA329-ACC9-4636-944B-B0FE15B2B4A1.jpeg

I had the red 83 GPZ750 brand new. What brand aftermarket bottom half fairing is that? I think the one I bought in 83 was by Targa. It was different that what you have

Super bikes for me...until the Ontario government passed the "racing" law.

50 km over the limit (30 mph) and they impound your vehicle for 14 days and suspend your licence, on the spot, no trial.

The day that passed the ZX-10 got parked and up for sale. Shift out of 3rd and y'er fucked. Cruising speed on the 10 was about 100 mph, that's where she started to feel comfortable. A buddy pointed that out after he drove it. I explain it like aircraft, it's the stall speed...you need to be either accelerating, braking, or going faster than that.

I drove down with my brother who had just got his licence and bought a Suzuki 800 cruiser. I rode the bike out of the city, through some twisties to a spot he'd take it well out of town. Spoke wheels, drum rear brake, single front disc and a steering rake of a Harley. I barely survived. The first corner I threw it in I was almost in the ditch. Barely handled better than my lawn tractor.

Bought a Drz 400 to satisfy the bike needs, but it didn't do it for me. It's good for 130 kmh, but that's just too slow, sold it.

Bought another Drz 400 super moto, 2020 in the spring, hoping I'd re kindle the motorcycle love.

It now has been lowered, geared way down, dirt tires,  so my nieces and nephews ride it as a dirt bike.

Fuck you Dalton Mcguinty and his racing law.