Remember subprime mortgage loans?

• Gold Member

“Two years ago, a Maryland resident with sterling credit financed a 2018 Toyota Camry with a 19 percent annual percentage rate loan and a monthly payment of about $823.”

How stupid do you have to be to first pay 19% and second pay $800 month for a Corolla. They literally advertise them on tv for $189 a month :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

“Two years ago, a Maryland resident with sterling credit financed a 2018 Toyota Camry with a 19 percent annual percentage rate loan and a monthly payment of about $823.”

How stupid do you have to be to first pay 19% and second pay $800 month for a Corolla. They literally advertise them on tv for $189 a month :lol:

People want to shirk responsibility-  fuck those idiots.  

• Like 1

• Gold Member
Just now, F3600 said:

50% of the people graduating high school don't understand how interest works or their credit score.  

Was just gonna say they really need to start teaching simple financial info in jr high or high school. Clearly lots of parents are failing at that job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, F3600 said:

50% of the people graduating high school don't understand how interest works or their credit score.  

People that have an above average understanding of economics often don’t understand their credit score. I sometimes wonder if the CB themselves understand how their own credit scores work. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

wo years ago, a Maryland resident with sterling credit financed a 2018 Toyota Camry with a 19 percent annual percentage rate loan and a monthly payment of about $823. By the time the loan is expected to be paid off, in late 2025, the borrower will have spent roughly $59,000—more than twice the car’s value and about what you would pay for a high-end Tesla Model 3.

education aint cheap

3 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

yep

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

People that have an above average understanding of economics often don’t understand their credit score. I sometimes wonder if the CB themselves understand how their own credit scores work. 

its really not that complex

keep cards under 50% of limit

pay on time

keep older debt open as length is important

don't have too many inquiries

Do that and you should be mid 700's+ all day long.   

• Like 1

Just now, Angry ginger said:

pay on time

Doesnt take much more then that to get above 800.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

pay on time

Not sure how accurate it is but I get a updated every mo from I think lending tree? Always around 820 to 830 . 

It is odd some times I expect it to be  low because I have a bigger job on a card like north of 30k and it will only drop a few points . Pay it off next score only up a few points ? 

4 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

You look to be more than ok with the way the fed govenment runs there financial future. 

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

pay on time

I understand all of that. Yet there's several different CB with what can be widely different ratings even when weighted evenly. There's also the problem that comes from an error and the amount of time it takes for a correction. Sometimes over 60 days with little response from the offending CB. I myself had an issue in "98 when I was in the process of building a house. A bankruptcy was erroneously reported. It was a huge headache that threatened to effect the draws. Fortunately the lending institution was understanding. It fell on me to obtain all the necessary documents proving it was a false report. Before I had gathered all the necessary documentation, the bankruptcy report vanished as weirdly as it appeared. Perhaps the process is easier now. Back then it was a huge hassle

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

They do..the credit score has zero to do with net worth or wealth or income.....it is strictly how well you handle debt. Having a high credit score usually means you are financed out the ass. My score comes up as no rating...because we don't use debt. Yet I have 3 properties paid in full, I'm a business owner and my wife has a good IT job...we simply chose not to play their game. 

• Like 1