Sold just in the nick of time.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Not sure why you feel the need to turn this into a competition, but whatever. :lol: 

May be like you feeling the need to contribute to the conversation as more then one person. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

May be like you feeling the need to contribute to the conversation as more then one person. 

Maybe he's embarrassed to have close to 40,000 posts on a snowmobile site with no chance of being able to contribute anything useful. And Joe, with the little interaction I've had with you I have no doubt you didn't let your "significant other" have any input on your purchase, what's going to be your highest priority on the road in that thing, for anything over a weekend, will be taking a nice shower and doing laundry. I'm sure the holding tanks are minimal in that thing, but do everyone in the BLM a favor and leave wherever you park as clean or cleaner than when you got there, it's amazing the amount of trash and damage people primitive camping leave.

3 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

Maybe he's embarrassed to have close to 40,000 posts on a snowmobile site with no chance of being able to contribute anything useful. And Joe, with the little interaction I've had with you I have no doubt you didn't let your "significant other" have any input on your purchase, what's going to be your highest priority on the road in that thing, for anything over a weekend, will be taking a nice shower and doing laundry. I'm sure the holding tanks are minimal in that thing, but do everyone in the BLM a favor and leave wherever you park as clean or cleaner than when you got there, it's amazing the amount of trash and damage people primitive camping leave.

thats gross !

17 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

thats gross !

😂😂😂, I've worked on a couple TP fires, (where these so-called environmentalists light their toilet paper on fire so they don't have to bury it) primitive campers are tracked closely by the BLM for being one of the biggest dangers for starting wildland fires.

43 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

😂😂😂, I've worked on a couple TP fires, (where these so-called environmentalists light their toilet paper on fire so they don't have to bury it) primitive campers are tracked closely by the BLM for being one of the biggest dangers for starting wildland fires.

At least they are makin an attempt. During the early days of the pandemic a lot of citiots got into hiking . The disgusting fucks would shit trailside and leave it there.

1 hour ago, airflite1 said:

Dude shut the fuck up. You turned this thread in a shit show….mines bigger than yours….blah fuckin blah.

On 10/27/2021 at 9:55 PM, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’ve used them for years and never had an issue. The only hassle is having to bleed them. The mounts that they sell are shit. I’m using Owl Van mounts. Quality stuff. 

I said there storage containers .not the liquid containers.  I.e. first aid/extra parts tools /most are black and shit 

The yr I attempted to use it I had to duct tape the whole fucking Seam to keep shit sort of dry 

12 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Big class A's are fine for the pavement, Walmarts, and RV parks. I'm looking to get lost in the back country. Some Colorado fishing holes and BLM land for dispersed camping. Also looking for some better fuel economy. It's all in what you prefer. My idea is to live out of the rig, not in it. 

Lol I am always shocked when I see massive pushers camped out a mile or so down a rutted out atv trail or old logging road . I always think fuck you money to drive that thing down this path . 

11 hours ago, airflite1 said:

Mine's my work home, I like the kitchen, laundry and I have a work space. I've camped probably more remote than you ever will while doing Timber work in the South, I've got 100 gal. fresh water so I can go 10 day's to 2 weeks without looking for water, and other than water and diesel I'm totally self contained.  I've visited with lot's of people that had similar plans that you do, about the only ones that enjoy it after the first couple months are the young forestry kids, even they get tired of it after a year. Retires end up in RV parks wishing they had more space, I have a sneaking suspicion you'll have it for sale after a year, or it'll spend most of its time in storage.

I have a lot of older customers and have seen a lot of them sell off get a rv and travel . Most last a yr or 2 then end up in a cabin in summer and there rv or a new larger rv in a park some place in the winter . I can't think of a worse fate to be stuck in a rv park for the rest of my life .  

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I have a lot of older customers and have seen a lot of them sell off get a rv and travel . Most last a yr or 2 then end up in a cabin in summer and there rv or a new larger rv in a park some place in the winter . I can't think of a worse fate to be stuck in a rv park for the rest of my life .  

When I retire the RV was the first thing I planned on selling, but my wife said she wants to travel first, but ya some RV parks are worse than trailer courts especially around the metro areas. My options for the summer are live in the RV or stay in Hotels, I get paid a per-diem to cover hotel costs, so I put that towards the RV, but other than the hassle of moving the RV as the fire season moves north the RV is so much more comfortable. I was the only one on the State contracts with a camper now 3/4 of the pilots and drivers are staying in them, plus the fact where I work at it's a struggle to find a room for under $200 a night or even a room at all. I should probably stop, MC's getting jacked up, he must be living vicariously thru Joe and doesn't want his choices questioned..

6 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

When I retire the RV was the first thing I planned on selling, but my wife said she wants to travel first, but ya some RV parks are worse than trailer courts especially around the metro areas. My options for the summer are live in the RV or stay in Hotels, I get paid a per-diem to cover hotel costs, so I put that towards the RV, but other than the hassle of moving the RV as the fire season moves north the RV is so much more comfortable. I was the only one on the State contracts with a camper now 3/4 of the pilots and drivers are staying in them, plus the fact where I work at it's a struggle to find a room for under $200 a night or even a room at all. I should probably stop, MC's getting jacked up, he must be living vicariously thru Joe and doesn't want his choices questioned..

So are you flying tankers or spotter plane type stuff ?  I assume if not takers you can prob just hook up at any air field you are working out of ? That has to be better than any rv park. And a nice savings every night .

I see those fire fighter guys out west and there camp sites look like he'll.  Bunch of little tents . I assume they bath in those huge inflatable h20 holding tanks that look like huge pools ?   Not sure I could have even dealt with that in my youth . Hell that was the #1 reason I never joined the army . I don't want to sleep in a tent ever lol let alone live in one . We have a small toy hauler I can deal with it for about 5 days then I am ready to pack it in . And if in a campground I am ready to pack it in in about 3 days . And a rv park could not pay me to sleep there rather sleep at a wayside rest or cabelas . But more likely a Ramada 

We bought ours to stay in when visiting the grandkids during the summer.We ended up buying a lot and had a small area cleared, had hydro installed and parked the coach there. We bought an outhouse( no hole) and put a composting toilet in there. We picked up 2-1000 litre water totes,a gas pump to transfer water and a unit that goes on the propane regulator to hook up external tanks so we don't have to unhook and move things to go get propane. They're bringing in fiber optic to the area so we'll have satellite. We're in the mindset now to sell our house,move to Nova Scotia and build on our lot. We'll live in the coach till the house is built then we'll sell the coach.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

So are you flying tankers or spotter plane type stuff ?  I assume if not takers you can prob just hook up at any air field you are working out of ? That has to be better than any rv park. And a nice savings every night .

I see those fire fighter guys out west and there camp sites look like he'll.  Bunch of little tents . I assume they bath in those huge inflatable h20 holding tanks that look like huge pools ?   Not sure I could have even dealt with that in my youth . Hell that was the #1 reason I never joined the army . I don't want to sleep in a tent ever lol let alone live in one . We have a small toy hauler I can deal with it for about 5 days then I am ready to pack it in . And if in a campground I am ready to pack it in in about 3 days . And a rv park could not pay me to sleep there rather sleep at a wayside rest or cabelas . But more likely a Ramada 

I fly a SEAT,(single engine air tanker). basically a very large spray plane.  The guys that work fire line are a special breed, and Smoke Jumpers are the craziest of the bunch, also they're the greatest people ever to work with. for project fires and Help-bases they have semi's that are bathroom, shower units that are fairly nice. But seeing jumpers, jump a fire and being out there for weeks with only the supplies that are dropped to them is crazy. When my boy was racing motocross I had a racehauler that was basically a class C RV totally self-contained with a great shop in the back and 150 gallons of fresh water to keep the bikes clean and for showers. We spent a lot of time in that going to amateur nationals, I thought it was perfect for that, when I started taking it to fires I quickly traded it off.

11 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We bought ours to stay in when visiting the grandkids during the summer.We ended up buying a lot and had a small area cleared, had hydro installed and parked the coach there. We bought an outhouse( no hole) and put a composting toilet in there. We picked up 2-1000 litre water totes,a gas pump to transfer water and a unit that goes on the propane regulator to hook up external tanks so we don't have to unhook and move things to go get propane. They're bringing in fiber optic to the area so we'll have satellite. We're in the mindset now to sell our house,move to Nova Scotia and build on our lot. We'll live in the coach till the house is built then we'll sell the coach.

Since my son lives about 370 miles away, we've been talking about doing about the same thing using the RV when we visit, so we aren't staying in their house all the time. 

29060491_10213572156713079_2674646898237150921_o.jpg

DSCN2964.jpg

5f14d64e639d0.image.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

For fun, here's a video of the Buck Fire that I worked on in Hells Canyon, it was put together by a smoke jumper, it's still one of my favorite work videos. I hope the link works.

Edited by airflite1
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, smokin george said:

My bud is living in his boat and rv for close to a yr . Sold the house builder backed out of contract this spring because of lumber cost . Just now starting to get it up . He plans on pulling it in to the shop having a rv tank hook up put in to shop so should not be to bad to live in as he builds out the int over the winter 

Screenshot_20211030-224316_Messages.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, airflite1 said:

I have zero desire to own a wallowing scow of a class A. They're pathetic overgrowths of a past era, careening down the highway at 47 mph getting 6-8mpg. Doesn't fit my lifestyle at all The idea of selling my home and going small is what fits me best. If I wanted a mansion on wheels that's what I would own. Not to mention that class A's that are being produced are absolute garbage. Class A motorhomes remind me of something that a worn out person would purchase to basically die in. By the looks of you, best that you keep your scow. 

21 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

At least they are makin an attempt. During the early days of the pandemic a lot of citiots got into hiking . The disgusting fucks would shit trailside and leave it there.

My son does forestry work in Colorado. They are banning dogs from areas because of all of the shit. The good thing is they all go to the same areas that are easy access . 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Dude shut the fuck up. You turned this thread in a shit show….mines bigger than yours….blah fuckin blah.

I’m very interested in his input. Could care less about the value. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, airflite1 said:

The company my son works for pulled him from New Orleans because of living conditions a few months ago. Sent him back to Colorado,then he went to Texas and had great living conditions. Hurricane clean up,cutting trees off power lines is what he was doing. He said the smart guys drag a RV with them. No  place to do laundry sometimes. The company he works for bought him clothes when they were in shit hole New Orleans. No place to wash your stuff. During Fire season in Co,co workers come from out of state in RVs. Per-dium won’t cover a nice hotel in areas like Steam Boat. All of the extra money you are making can get washed away real quick. You can make money doing a RV he said.

• Thanks 1

On 10/27/2021 at 12:54 PM, ActionfigureJoe said:

Still historically low rates, and all those with the 750 to 850 credit ratings have refied at 2% or lower already. 

On 10/27/2021 at 9:03 PM, ActionfigureJoe said:

MB sprinter 4x4 on the 144” platform. The rack I’ll be using can carry four, 5gal Rotopax tanks. This is the rig. 

F6EE3356-CAE3-4506-B81C-263BBF8AE1A5.jpeg

Nice looking setup, I'd try it for a week or two and that would be plenty for me. Sounds like you have a great adventure planned, enjoy and be safe :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, airflite1 said:

For fun, here's a video of the Buck Fire that I worked on in Hells Canyon, it was put together by a smoke jumper, it's still one of my favorite work videos. I hope the link works.

That's an excellent video, what do they pay those jumpers for beating fires, sucking smoke, and inhaling fire retardant? I hope it's a lot.

Is that you laying marking smoke for the jet?

9 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I have zero desire to own a wallowing scow of a class A. They're pathetic overgrowths of a past era, careening down the highway at 47 mph getting 6-8mpg. Doesn't fit my lifestyle at all The idea of selling my home and going small is what fits me best. If I wanted a mansion on wheels that's what I would own. Not to mention that class A's that are being produced are absolute garbage. Class A motorhomes remind me of something that a worn out person would purchase to basically die in. By the looks of you, best that you keep your scow. 

I'll bet you'll have a different outlook in a year, just so you know the little mass produced RV's like you bought aren't built any better than a low end Class A, that's the reason the people who are serious users of sprinter vans do their own conversions, but hey at least they put mud tires on it. 😂😂😂 What I find really funny is your use of Dupe Accounts, you don't even try hide it, you continue a conversation with both accounts just switching back and forth, also when you mentioned you sold both your BMW's when we joke at track days, you fit the stereotype of typical owners. 

Edited by airflite1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Still historically low rates, and all those with the 750 to 850 credit ratings have refied at 2% or lower already. 

Nice looking setup, I'd try it for a week or two and that would be plenty for me. Sounds like you have a great adventure planned, enjoy and be safe :thumbsup:

That's an excellent video, what do they pay those jumpers for beating fires, sucking smoke, and inhaling fire retardant? I hope it's a lot.

Hey Vince lives!

10 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Not near enough, other than they love the work, financially the big advantage is moving up the pay grade when they quit jumping, the Forest Service and BLM really favors Jumpers for the higher positions.

I fly one of the single engine air tankers, basically a big spray plane. The lead plane pilots are all Forest service employees.

Edited by airflite1