Sold just in the nick of time.

22 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

MB sprinter 4x4 on the 144” platform. The rack I’ll be using can carry four, 5gal Rotopax tanks. This is the rig. 

F6EE3356-CAE3-4506-B81C-263BBF8AE1A5.jpeg

Don't buy the roto pak storage containers.  Completely worthless to start with when new then they get worse when they start warping in a mo or so .

The gas cans are OK but not good enough not be be sitting on a shelf someplace for yrs now lol .

24 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Don't buy the roto pak storage containers.  Completely worthless to start with when new then they get worse when they start warping in a mo or so .

The gas cans are OK but not good enough not be be sitting on a shelf someplace for yrs now lol .

I’ve used them for years and never had an issue. The only hassle is having to bleed them. The mounts that they sell are shit. I’m using Owl Van mounts. Quality stuff. 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

What year is that? 

2006. 38ft with a slide on each side of the living room and one in the bdrm. Fireplace,2 furnaces,2 air cond, water filtration system,solar etc etc. We spent Jan to April in it in Nova Scotia and it was comfy

• Like 5

19 hours ago, EvilBird said:

That was the Obama days of Banks giving out loans that people could not afford. 

Those days are over , lenders are a lot stricter nowadays. They wont allow cutting it close anymore. 

God ur out of touch. 

LOL SMH

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

MB sprinter 4x4 on the 144” platform. The rack I’ll be using can carry four, 5gal Rotopax tanks. This is the rig. 

F6EE3356-CAE3-4506-B81C-263BBF8AE1A5.jpeg

Weird as it may be, I somehow find this more appealing than one of those big busses.  I’d rather head down the unbeaten path and break camp in a small vehicle than have to set up in an RV park or Walmart Parking lot.  Meh, it’s just not my thing.

Room for your pup?

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Weird as it may be, I somehow find this more appealing than one of those big busses.  I’d rather head down the unbeaten path and break camp in a small vehicle than have to set up in an RV park or Walmart Parking lot.  Meh, it’s just not my thing.

Room for your pup?

Plenty of room for the dogs. The units are self contained. They come with a portable shitter and a collapsible shower so it’s stays roomy inside. No generator. Instead the unit uses a 48V high power lithium system that can power the AC and all the appliances for up to 14-16 hours. It’ll recharge the bank of lithium batteries in one hour of drive time. Diesel fuel heater/water heater keeps the water hot and inside toasty warm down to ~30. All the fresh and grey water tanks are inside the unit. It’s fully insulated with Havelock wool so there’s a limited chance of mold growth. 

27 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Plenty of room for the dogs. The units are self contained. They come with a portable shitter and a collapsible shower so it’s stays roomy inside. No generator. Instead the unit uses a 48V high power lithium system that can power the AC and all the appliances for up to 14-16 hours. It’ll recharge the bank of lithium batteries in one hour of drive time. Diesel fuel heater/water heater keeps the water hot and inside toasty warm down to ~30. All the fresh and grey water tanks are inside the unit. It’s fully insulated with Havelock wool so there’s a limited chance of mold growth. 

Sounds sweet.  Compact, comfortable and efficient.  :thumbsup:

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

That’s nice. Been considering one the last few months but I’m starting to hate driving.too many idiots on the road.

In my line I end up working a lot of Saturdays. It,s not the work that makes me call it quits by 1 pm. It's other drivers.

45 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Sounds sweet.  Compact, comfortable and efficient.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

From experience they use a lot of fuel.

35 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

That’s nice. Been considering one the last few months but I’m starting to hate driving.too many idiots on the road.

I drove CDL for 50 yrs and had enough of the idiots. This thing is like being on the couch and it's big enough to scare them lol.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, smokin george said:

But but but we don't get hotel/motel rooms and can cook our own food lol. 

It's surprising how nice the big RV's drive, the one I have now is on a bus chassis and drives like a caddie going down the road, I enjoy the huge windshield you see everything even in the mountains, plus going down the road you don't notice the size. I've tried towing cars on trailers, car caddies and feel towing flat is the way to go. And a unplanned advantage is when we have a bunch of company it's a guest house.

198915467_10222542647809750_6675419250558535016_n.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, airflite1 said:

It's surprising how nice the big RV's drive, the one I have now is on a bus chassis and drives like a caddie going down the road, I enjoy the huge windshield you see everything even in the mountains, plus going down the road you don't notice the size. I've tried towing cars on trailers, car caddies and feel towing flat is the way to go. And a unplanned advantage is when we have a bunch of company it's a guest house.

Sweet unit! All the ones I looked at with the Cummins/cat pushers were big money. I settled for the one I bought with 30K miles on it for short money. It's got the Triton V10 and pulls along pretty good and I wouldn't say it's easy on gas but it's not bad overall. 

On 10/28/2021 at 7:44 PM, airflite1 said:

Big class A's are fine for the pavement, Walmarts, and RV parks. I'm looking to get lost in the back country. Some Colorado fishing holes and BLM land for dispersed camping. Also looking for some better fuel economy. It's all in what you prefer. My idea is to live out of the rig, not in it. 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Big class A's are fine for the pavement, Walmarts, and RV parks. I'm looking to get lost in the back country. Some Colorado fishing holes and BLM land for dispersed camping. Also looking for some better fuel economy. It's all in what you prefer. My idea is to live out of the rig, not in it. 

BLM land for some gay BBC :lol:

33 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Mine's my work home, I like the kitchen, laundry and I have a work space. I've camped probably more remote than you ever will while doing Timber work in the South, I've got 100 gal. fresh water so I can go 10 day's to 2 weeks without looking for water, and other than water and diesel I'm totally self contained.  I've visited with lot's of people that had similar plans that you do, about the only ones that enjoy it after the first couple months are the young forestry kids, even they get tired of it after a year. Retires end up in RV parks wishing they had more space, I have a sneaking suspicion you'll have it for sale after a year, or it'll spend most of its time in storage.

13 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

Mine's my work home, I like the kitchen, laundry and I have a work space. I've camped probably more remote than you ever will while doing Timber work in the South, I've got 100 gal. fresh water so I can go 10 day's to 2 weeks without looking for water, and other than water and diesel I'm totally self contained.  I've visited with lot's of people that had similar plans that you do, about the only ones that enjoy it after the first couple months are the young forestry kids, even they get tired of it after a year. Retires end up in RV parks wishing they had more space, I have a sneaking suspicion you'll have it for sale after a year, or it'll spend most of its time in storage.

Not sure why you feel the need to turn this into a competition, but whatever. :lol: